View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Goto page 1, 2  Next  
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stqn
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 11:46 am    Post subject: How can I keep using LXQt on Gentoo? Reply with quote

Hi,

- There is no maintainer for LXQt on Gentoo anymore.
- LXQt 0.11 is the only available version on Gentoo (officially) and requires Qt 5.7, which isn’t in portage anymore.
- eix tells me there is the redcore-desktop overlay with LXQt 0.12, but layman tells me that overlay does not exist (the github URL isn’t valid anymore).
- There is a pull request for LXQt 0.13 but I don’t know how to install that, or how well it will work.
- Linked to the previous PR, there is a repo with ebuilds for LXQt 0.13 but again, not sure how to use it or how stable it will be.

So… I have masked all Qt packages above 5.7 and other packages that required Qt above 5.7 several months ago in order to be able to keep using LXQt, but now this past week the python 3.6 upgrade seems to require Qt 5.9 for no apparent reason.

Does someone know how I can keep using LXQt on Gentoo?

Alternatively… I would need to switch distros to a systemd-free distro that has better support for LXQt, or get rid of LXQt and go DE-free but I’m afraid it will be a lot of work.

Thanks!
CooSee
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tried LXQT once, but never worked - no panel at all etc.

KDE and or Plasma sucks anyway - ressource hungry, imho.

the only DE which is working perfect is MATE and i'am using gentoo-mate overlay (9999 version).

i use FunToo which is SystemD free and always be (i hope) - you can try it if you want :-)

good luck
stqn
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CooSee wrote:

the only DE which is working perfect is MATE and i'am using gentoo-mate overlay (9999 version).

i use FunToo which is SystemD free and always be (i hope) - you can try it if you want :-)

Thanks but MATE is out of the question because I’m allergic to Gtk3.
I’m not able to find which version of LXQt is available in Funtoo so I suppose it’s the same as in Gentoo, since Funtoo is based on Gentoo.
amoskvin
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Why do you say LXQt 0.11 requires Qt 5.7?

I think there might be build issues, but (unless I'm missing something) so long as you have 0.11 installed, it should still work if you upgrade to a newer Qt.
Naib
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

amoskvin wrote:
Hi,

I think there might be build issues, but (unless I'm missing something) so long as you have 0.11 installed, it should still work if you upgrade to a newer Qt.

I would say so as well.

Code:
 # emerge lxqt-meta -va

These are the packages that would be merged, in order:

Calculating dependencies... done!
[ebuild  N     ] dev-cpp/muParser-2.2.5::gentoo  USE="-doc {-test}" 744 KiB
[ebuild  N     ] kde-frameworks/oxygen-icons-5.48.0:5/5.48::gentoo  USE="{-test}" 231,224 KiB
[ebuild  N     ] lxqt-base/lxqt-globalkeys-0.11.0::gentoo  50 KiB
[ebuild  N     ] lxqt-base/lxqt-about-0.11.0::gentoo  22 KiB
[ebuild  N     ] sys-auth/polkit-qt-0.112.0_p20160416-r2::gentoo  USE="-debug -examples" 64 KiB
[ebuild  N     ] dev-libs/libdbusmenu-qt-0.9.3_pre20160218-r2::gentoo  USE="-debug {-test}" 46 KiB
[ebuild  N     ] dev-libs/wayland-1.15.0::gentoo  USE="-doc -static-libs" ABI_X86="32 (64) (-x32)" 423 KiB
[ebuild  N     ] lxqt-base/lxqt-qtplugin-0.11.0::gentoo  21 KiB
[ebuild  N     ] lxqt-base/lxqt-runner-0.11.0::gentoo  205 KiB
[ebuild  N     ] lxqt-base/lxqt-policykit-0.11.0::gentoo  31 KiB
[ebuild  N     ] kde-frameworks/kguiaddons-5.48.0:5/5.48::gentoo  USE="-debug -doc {-test}" 40 KiB
[ebuild  N     ] kde-frameworks/solid-5.48.0:5/5.48::gentoo  USE="nls -debug -doc {-test}" 253 KiB
[ebuild  N     ] x11-apps/setxkbmap-1.3.1::gentoo  131 KiB
[ebuild  N     ] lxqt-base/lxqt-panel-0.11.0::gentoo  USE="alsa clock desktopswitch kbindicator mainmenu mount pulseaudio quicklaunch showdesktop taskbar tray volume -colorpicker -cpuload -dom -networkmonitor -sensors -statusnotifier -sysstat -worldclock" 257 KiB
[ebuild  N     ] dev-qt/qtwayland-5.11.1:5/5.11::gentoo  USE="libinput -debug {-test} -xcomposite" 384 KiB
[ebuild  N     ] kde-frameworks/kwayland-5.48.0:5/5.48::gentoo  USE="-debug -doc {-test}" 302 KiB
[ebuild  N     ] kde-plasma/libkscreen-5.13.3:5/7::gentoo  USE="-debug {-test}" 77 KiB
[ebuild  N     ] lxqt-base/lxqt-config-0.11.0::gentoo  193 KiB
[ebuild  N     ] lxqt-base/lxqt-common-0.11.0::gentoo  3,142 KiB
[ebuild  N     ] lxqt-base/lxqt-session-0.11.0::gentoo  118 KiB
[ebuild  N     ] lxqt-base/lxqt-notificationd-0.11.0::gentoo  30 KiB
[ebuild  N     ] lxqt-base/lxqt-meta-0.11.0::gentoo  USE="about filemanager icons oxygen policykit -admin -lightdm -lximage -minimal -powermanagement -sddm -ssh-askpass -sudo" 0 KiB

Total: 22 packages (22 new), Size of downloads: 237,746 KiB

Would you like to merge these packages? [Yes/No]

Code:
emerge qtcore -va

[ebuild   R    ] dev-qt/qtcore-5.11.1:5/5.11::gentoo  USE="icu -debug -systemd {-test}" 0 KiB

stqn
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

amoskvin wrote:

It’s been a while but I think it’s because of this bug: https://bugs.gentoo.org/633926
Naib
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

only solution is for gentoo to scrap lxat-0.11 and roll forward:

LXQt 0.13.0 : All packages are ready for Qt 5.11.
njsg
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 2:36 pm    Post subject: Re: How can I keep using LXQt on Gentoo? Reply with quote

stqn wrote:

So… I have masked all Qt packages above 5.7 and other packages that required Qt above 5.7 several months ago in order to be able to keep using LXQt, but now this past week the python 3.6 upgrade seems to require Qt 5.9 for no apparent reason.

I might be wrong but I think this is because of a change in packages containing X11-related headers. If it isn't the same change that introduced the new build system for those packages, the two might have happened close enough to each other:

• The new build system for xorg-proto runs only on python3, not python2. It might require a specific version of python 3. That's likely how python is involved.
  • X11 header packages changed. Old versions and old ebuilds will refer to the older header packages (probably the case of Qt 5.7). The new ones refer to the package(s) containing the newer headers. Those can't be installed at the same time, so upgrading packages that use the newer headers requires upgrading Qt as well.

If the bug has indeed been confirmed since October 2017, why is the lxqt-panel ebuild still depending on qtgui:5 instead of the appropriate versions? That just makes it easier for the issue to go undetected, instead of "oh, there's this package that must be taken care of before we stabilize this Qt upgrade".
amoskvin
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, that's unfortunate. I've been running 0.11 with no issues up until a couple of weeks ago when I built 0.13 from the above pull request. I guess grabbing from the overlay and waiting until 0.13 ebuilds are merged is the way to go, then.
pjp
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:07 pm    Post subject: Re: How can I keep using LXQt on Gentoo? Reply with quote

stqn wrote:
Hi,

- There is no maintainer for LXQt on Gentoo anymore.
- LXQt 0.11 is the only available version on Gentoo (officially) and requires Qt 5.7, which isn’t in portage anymore.
- eix tells me there is the redcore-desktop overlay with LXQt 0.12, but layman tells me that overlay does not exist (the github URL isn’t valid anymore).
- There is a pull request for LXQt 0.13 but I don’t know how to install that, or how well it will work.
- Linked to the previous PR, there is a repo with ebuilds for LXQt 0.13 but again, not sure how to use it or how stable it will be.

Alternatively… I would need to switch distros to a systemd-free distro that has better support for LXQt, or get rid of LXQt and go DE-free but I’m afraid it will be a lot of work.

Thanks!
Putting the 0.13 ebuilds into a local repo isn't particularly difficult, but that doesn't address long term viability.

Have you tried lumina? I was using either LXDE or Razor-qt before they merged, then switched to Lumina. Seems OK, though I don't use a GUI very often.

* x11-wm/lumina
Available versions: 1.3.0_p1 ~1.4.0_p1-r1 **9999 {desktop-utils}
Homepage: https://lumina-desktop.org/
Description: Lumina desktop environment
Yamakuzure
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 10:05 am    Post subject: Re: How can I keep using LXQt on Gentoo? Reply with quote

pjp wrote:
Have you tried lumina? I was using either LXDE or Razor-qt before they merged, then switched to Lumina. Seems OK, though I don't use a GUI very often.

* x11-wm/lumina
Available versions: 1.3.0_p1 ~1.4.0_p1-r1 **9999 {desktop-utils}
Homepage: https://lumina-desktop.org/
Description: Lumina desktop environment
Please be aware that Lumina utilizes Fluxbox. So if anything on your system makes using Fluxbox inadvisable (like kde-misc/yakuake and similar), Lumina is out of the window.

Otherwise it is a great choice!
mir3x
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CooSee wrote:
tried LXQT once, but never worked - no panel at all etc.

KDE and or Plasma sucks anyway - ressource hungry, imho.

good luck

I used Funtoo, its no suprise for me that LxQt doesn't work there, there is is many bugs not related to gentoo.
If you want to be stuck on Mate from some overlay enjoy Funtoo :D
Whatever LxQt does, it does it stable and well. Eg. it works with all window managers - except broken ones - Marco from Mate and Mutter from Gnome.

stqn Im using lxQt from many years, I dont understand why u masked Qt, why u eager to upgrade to 0.13 version, there is almsot 0 changes. Sooner or later 0.13 will hit portage. I'm sure I compiled 0.11 ver with Qt 5.8 or 5.9.

Btw. One thing I was missing was multimedia apps control liek Cantata or Spotify via global keys, I wrote app for it, ff u ar interested i can create repo on github.
Cuong Nguyen
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 10:34 am    Post subject: Re: How can I keep using LXQt on Gentoo? Reply with quote

stqn wrote:

RedCore Linux is the most active LXQt-gentoo binary distro now, the guys apparently have moved from github to gitlab. You can manually add RedCore overlay as follows:
Code:

[redcore]
location = /usr/ports/redcore
sync-type = git
sync-uri = https://gitlab.com/redcore/redcore-desktop.git
auto-sync = yes
clone-depth = 1
priority = 1000

RedCore Linux just recently announced LXQt 0.13. Default installation of RedCore is binary mode, but you can switch to src mode and re-emerge the pkgs at your wish.
StefanCristian
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:29 am    Post subject: Re: How can I keep using LXQt on Gentoo? Reply with quote

stqn wrote:
Hi,

Thanks!

Your answer is here >

Cuong Nguyen wrote:
stqn wrote:

RedCore Linux is the most active LXQt-gentoo binary distro now, the guys apparently have moved from github to gitlab. You can manually add RedCore overlay as follows:
Code:

[redcore]
location = /usr/ports/redcore
sync-type = git
sync-uri = https://gitlab.com/redcore/redcore-desktop.git
auto-sync = yes
clone-depth = 1
priority = 1000

RedCore Linux just recently announced LXQt 0.13. Default installation of RedCore is binary mode, but you can switch to src mode and re-emerge the pkgs at your wish.

To add to this is the fact that you need to be careful with the ebuilds from Redcore, they use their own old QT eclass ( in redcore-desktop/eclass ) due to severe QT breakages with the new Gentoo-maintained eclass, stuff like:
- libs are failing to compile
- some libs are totally missing after the compile
- configuration fails with other QT packages

The old Gentoo eclass (copied into the redcore one) works way better with newer QT programs.
So, if you copy and use the lxqt 0.13, which currently I also consider stable (meaning, everything works just fine), make sure you also have that eclass + the proposed version of QT libs from Redcore that most probably work with 0.13

On another note, make sure you're not getting anything of the Redcore brand if you're using the overlay, you might accidentally transform your LXQT desktop into "Welcome, this is Redcore" thing
franzf
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wouldn't it be better to simply try the mentioned overlay from the guy who wants to add recent lxqt into portage with his pull request?
Using an overlay from a different (binary) Gentoo fork with outdated qt eclass wont help bringing lxqt into the real and only Gentoo.

I have to add that I do not face any issues with the current qt eclass. There were some issues in the past but that's years away!
And as a kde user with quite some qt-only-packages I think I should have faced those issues.
No failing compilations, no missing libs, no configuration failures.
I was on stable for a very long time but switched to testing with Qt-5.11.1. No issues.
Chiitoo
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 12:57 pm    Post subject: ><)))°€ Reply with quote

For the adventurous, there are also the live ebuilds in the Qt overlay, that I added back in 2017-11-03, and which maintain as well as I can.

The ebuilds from the pull request(s) we have will be of higher quality, and recommended for the 'not so adventurous' users, but the live versions have been working well for me, and they will be improved at some point as well. Mainly I've been waiting for the latest release to finally get into Portage, to sync the changes over, but that has been taking a 'bit' longer than I expected. :]
njsg
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

franzf wrote:
Wouldn't it be better to simply try the mentioned overlay from the guy who wants to add recent lxqt into portage with his pull request?
Using an overlay from a different (binary) Gentoo fork with outdated qt eclass wont help bringing lxqt into the real and only Gentoo.

Why does the age of the eclass matter, and why should that overlay be avoided?
CooSee
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:58 pm    Post subject: Re: How can I keep using LXQt on Gentoo? Reply with quote

Quote:
I used Funtoo, its no suprise for me that LxQt doesn't work there, there is is many bugs not related to gentoo.
If you want to be stuck on Mate from some overlay enjoy Funtoo :D
Whatever LxQt does, it does it stable and well. Eg. it works with all window managers - except broken ones - Marco from Mate and Mutter from Gnome.

i know :roll:

I like uncomplicated DE's and Mate (live) works purrfect for me with Compiz (live) 8O
franzf
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

njsg wrote:
franzf wrote:

The age alone doesn't matter. What matters is all the missed changes and improvements that won't get backported just because someone thinks is good to ".revert new features as they break all qt5 build".
I am using Gentoo and never had issues with Qt and the qt5-build eclass, it might be just that their Qt-ebuilds got incompatible (guessing).
Or the trouble is caused by their own "Vasile" install-media generator. Or it's the way they build binary packages. Or whatever. The quoted commit message really doesn't tell ANYTHING!
Did I already mention that pure original Gentoo didn't cause any problems for me, especially not in Feb. 2018?

I would avoid it as you can break your Gentoo installation by such incompatible Qt-setups. Which Gentoo devs have to deal with. Funtoo and Sabayon caused some nice trouble in the past.
And as there is a pull request waiting for being merged into the official portage tree I would really use those lxqt-ebuilds instead.
V3n3RiX
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

franzf wrote:
njsg wrote:
franzf wrote:

The age alone doesn't matter. What matters is all the missed changes and improvements that won't get backported just because someone thinks is good to ".revert new features as they break all qt5 build".
I am using Gentoo and never had issues with Qt and the qt5-build eclass, it might be just that their Qt-ebuilds got incompatible (guessing).
Or the trouble is caused by their own "Vasile" install-media generator. Or it's the way they build binary packages. Or whatever. The quoted commit message really doesn't tell ANYTHING!
Did I already mention that pure original Gentoo didn't cause any problems for me, especially not in Feb. 2018?

I would avoid it as you can break your Gentoo installation by such incompatible Qt-setups. Which Gentoo devs have to deal with. Funtoo and Sabayon caused some nice trouble in the past.
And as there is a pull request waiting for being merged into the official portage tree I would really use those lxqt-ebuilds instead.

You we're lucky then, sometimes in february qt5-build.eclass introduced a major "feature", allowing to build Qt libs with missing symbols. For that reason many Qt apps either started to fail to build, or to segfault. See details : https://bugs.gentoo.org/646504 or https://bugs.gentoo.org/647224 .

At that time, reverting the "feature" was the best thing to do, as the proposed fix was error prone. And since we have yet to jump to a newer Qt version, there's no need for us to check if qt5-build.eclass has been properly fixed yet. Bugs happen, and if they happen in Gentoo we do our best to fix and report them where possible. However as some of you have noticed, sometimes it takes a very long time for a bug to be fixed, so we go forward and work around it.

Btw, qt5-build.eclass in only used to build Qt, nothing else uses it. As long it allows a proper Qt build with all intended symbols the age doesn't really matter. That doesn't make our Qt build incompatible, just slightly aged compared to Gentoo. After all, not long ago Gentoo itself used to build Qt the same way. Regarding missing features, I bet no one rebuilds the whole qt as soon as qt5-build.eclass it's changed. So most of Gentoo users themselves will have a slightly aged Qt build, absent latest features.

Regarding our binaries are built in a Gentoo stage3 chroot, using FEATURES=buildpkg, so they're the way Gentoo intended.
stqn
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks everybody for your answers and suggestions. I decided to install the 9999 version from Chiitoo’s Qt overlay as that seemed the easiest and safest solution.

What I did (this is from memory, hopefully everything is correct :p):

Add the Qt overlay
Code:

layman -a qt

Mask all packages in the overlay, like I do for all overlays. In /etc/portage/package.mask:
Code:

*/*::qt

Unmask all the Qt >5.7 packages I had masked previously.

Unmask the packages needed for LXQt. In /etc/portage/package.unmask:
Code:

dev-libs/libqtxdg::qt
dev-util/lxqt-*::qt
lxqt-base/*::qt
media-gfx/lximage-qt::qt
x11-libs/libfm-qt::qt
x11-misc/obconf-qt::qt
x11-misc/pcmanfm-qt::qt

Add the following in /etc/portage/package.accept-keywords:
Code:

dev-libs/libqtxdg::qt **
dev-util/lxqt-build-tools::qt **
lxqt-base/*::qt **
media-gfx/lximage-qt::qt **
x11-libs/libfm-qt::qt **
x11-misc/obconf-qt::qt **
x11-misc/pcmanfm-qt::qt **

I also have the following in /etc/portage/package.use, but I don’t think I changed anything for this update:
Code:

lxqt-base/lxqt-panel cpuload -mount networkmonitor sensors statusnotifier sysstat
lxqt-base/lxqt-meta lximage
x11-libs/libfm -gtk vala
sys-auth/polkit-qt -qt4 qt5
dev-libs/libdbusmenu-qt -qt4 qt5
>=dev-qt/qtgui-5.6.2 egl
>=dev-qt/qtwayland-5.6.2 egl

I had to uninstall lxqt-common because it was blocking the update:
Code:

emerge -C lxqt-common

Then I updated my system (214 packages, that took a while).
Code:

sudo emerge -uDN @world

After that I couldn’t open a terminal (qterminal) anymore, I had an error message about conflicting Qt versions. I also couldn’t start X anymore after a reboot. I rebuilt three packages and that solved the issue:
Code:

sudo emerge -1 qtstyleplugins qterminal qtermwidget

Hopefully I didn’t forget anything! Now I have a functional system with LXQt 0.13.0 and Qt 5.9.6!

Edit: I just noticed the clock is missing from my panel… I’ll try to fix that…
Chiitoo
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stqn wrote:
Chiitoo’s Qt overlay

The Gentoo Qt team's testing overlay to be precise. :]

Quote:
Edit: I just noticed the clock is missing from my panel… I’ll try to fix that…

Upstream changed from 'clock' to 'worldclock', so you might want to check for those USE-flags in 'lxqt-base/lxqt-panel'.

Need to remember to do something about that if the old clock is not working at all any longer (they at least used to pop up a message about it being deprecated, but still work).

If you bump into any issues with those ebuilds, I'm on Freenode at #gentoo-qt almost 24/7 (not always around to chat, but usually will catch back-log regardless, unless I lose power or/and the connection to the internet).

Thanks for trying them out!

If you haven't already, you might like to look into 'app-portage/smart-live-rebuild'. It's pretty handy for checking for updates on live packages.
xaviermiller
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

You can also use the following patches (in /etc/portage/patches):
/etc/portage/patches/lxqt-config-0.11.0/cf8b1f02e62039fa4031e227d3e2cc86e1fe22c8.patch:

From cf8b1f02e62039fa4031e227d3e2cc86e1fe22c8 Mon Sep 17 00:00:00 2001
Date: Sun, 6 May 2018 11:26:25 +0000
Subject: [PATCH] timeoutdialog.cpp: include QIcon, QStyle explicitely

5.11 Qt headers do not indirectly include QIcon, QStyle resulting in compile
time errors like:

| timeoutdialog.cpp:32:25: error: invalid use of incomplete type 'class QStyle'

Signed-off-by: Max Krummenacher <max.krummenacher@toradex.com>
---
 lxqt-config-monitor/timeoutdialog.cpp | 3 +++
 1 file changed, 3 insertions(+)

diff --git a/lxqt-config-monitor/timeoutdialog.cpp b/lxqt-config-monitor/timeoutdialog.cpp
index 55302a9..0862447 100644
--- a/lxqt-config-monitor/timeoutdialog.cpp
+++ b/lxqt-config-monitor/timeoutdialog.cpp
@@ -20,6 +20,9 @@

#define TIMER_DURATION 10

+#include <QIcon>
+#include <QStyle>
+
 #include "timeoutdialog.h"

TimeoutDialog::TimeoutDialog(QWidget* parent, Qt::WindowFlags f) :

/etc/portage/patches/lxqt-notificationd-0.11.0/aadf266d5329b0d56cb1b6de6640394065a447c1.patch:

From aadf266d5329b0d56cb1b6de6640394065a447c1 Mon Sep 17 00:00:00 2001
Date: Sat, 7 Apr 2018 14:20:11 +0000
Subject: [PATCH] Include QStyle and QStyleOption to fix compilation with
 Qt5.11

---
 src/notification.cpp | 2 ++
 1 file changed, 2 insertions(+)

diff --git a/src/notification.cpp b/src/notification.cpp
index 5bfd5f1..48198a9 100644
--- a/src/notification.cpp
+++ b/src/notification.cpp
@@ -35,6 +35,8 @@
 #include <KWindowSystem/KWindowSystem>
 #include <QMouseEvent>
 #include <QPushButton>
+#include <QStyle>
+#include <QStyleOption>

#include "notification.h"
 #include "notificationwidgets.h"

/etc/portage/patches/lxqt-panel-0.11.0/7996878a594f90b9972098e47436f073cfbf0d08.patch:

From 7996878a594f90b9972098e47436f073cfbf0d08 Mon Sep 17 00:00:00 2001
Date: Sun, 6 May 2018 09:39:03 +0000
Subject: [PATCH] lxqtmainmenuconfiguration.cpp: include QAction explicitely

5.11 Qt headers do not indirectly include QAction resulting in compile
time errors like:
| lxqtmainmenuconfiguration.cpp:71:105: error: no matching function for call to 'LXQtMainMenuConfiguration::connect(QAction*, const char [13], LXQtMainMenuConfiguration*, const char [17])'

Signed-off-by: Max Krummenacher <max.krummenacher@toradex.com>
---
 plugin-mainmenu/lxqtmainmenuconfiguration.cpp | 1 +
 1 file changed, 1 insertion(+)

diff --git a/plugin-mainmenu/lxqtmainmenuconfiguration.cpp b/plugin-mainmenu/lxqtmainmenuconfiguration.cpp
index f360dbab..1c348de2 100644
--- a/plugin-mainmenu/lxqtmainmenuconfiguration.cpp
+++ b/plugin-mainmenu/lxqtmainmenuconfiguration.cpp
@@ -33,6 +33,7 @@
 #include <lxqt-globalkeys.h>
 #include <LXQt/Settings>

+#include <QAction>
 #include <QFileDialog>

LXQtMainMenuConfiguration::LXQtMainMenuConfiguration(PluginSettings *settings, GlobalKeyShortcut::Action * shortcut, const QString &defaultShortcut, QWidget *parent) :

stqn
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chiitoo wrote:

Upstream changed from 'clock' to 'worldclock', so you might want to check for those USE-flags in 'lxqt-base/lxqt-panel'.

Thanks, I added "-clock worldclock" to the use flags of lxqt-panel, updated, and then could configure the panel to remove the old clock and add the new one.
asturm
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

0.13.0 was added to tree.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: