Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
[split] Topic: why does qtwidgets depend on gtk?
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo Forums Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
krinn
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:26 am    Post subject: [split] Topic: why does qtwidgets depend on gtk? Reply with quote

ADMIN EDIT: Split from Report violations, duplicates, misplaced posts, etc. for clarity of managing posts in that thread, and continuity fo this one. --pjp

User: asturm
Topic: why does qtwidgets depend on gtk?
Reason: I am not a moderator; I can choose to whom I am being nice. Ask a moderator if you think I have not fulfilled my task to enlighten Tony0945 about his question

Sadly, that's not the question to ask, because that wasn't my point.
Obviously he doesn't understand what i was trying to explains him ; do you think asturm has reply in a way that comply with:

https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Project:Council/Code_of_conduct#Behaviour_and_consequences
Acceptable:
Be courteous. Though respect is earned, it must start somewhere. Respect someones right for their own opinion and acknowledge that they do deserve a measure of politeness in your response.

Or more with :
Unaccetable:
Posting/participating only to incite drama or negativity rather than to tactfully share information.
asturm
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

krinn wrote:
Or more with :
Unaccetable:
Posting/participating only to incite drama or negativity rather than to tactfully share information.

If that were enforced I wouldn't see half the posts of Tony0945 in threads I participate.
krinn
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

asturm wrote:
If that were enforced I wouldn't see half the posts of Tony0945 in threads I participate.

You're using again the same arguements, i have already tried to told you what is wrong with that:
* If he was doing that, i might certainly not report him, maybe just the worst of the worst.
But if a mod or a dev was, i would.
-> we expect more from them.

* If he have been bad with you, this doesn't grant you any extra credit to do the same, sorry.

maybe you could look at possibility you were wrong, admit an error and pass on while trying to not do it again and we're good.
Ant P.
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reason: I think it's long past time this user was held to the same standards ciaranm was on the forums. I have *never* seen a single post from him that wasn't inciting or baiting an argument, even the technical ones are laced with poison.

This toxic river needs cleaning up at the source, or downstream will become a lifeless desert.
asturm
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

krinn wrote:
Acceptable:
Be courteous. Though respect is earned, it must start somewhere. Respect someones right for their own opinion and acknowledge that they do deserve a measure of politeness in your response.

'A measure of'.

krinn wrote:
asturm wrote:

You're using again the same arguements, i have already tried to told you what is wrong with that:

You are wrong about how I am using that argument - I feel perfectly comfortable with the way I responded to him, without the need for justification.

krinn wrote:
maybe you could look at possibility you were wrong, admit an error and pass on while trying to not do it again and we're good.

Maybe you would consider Tony0945 does not need a shining white knight in his defence and we're good.

Ant P. wrote:

Oh, is that coming from your shining example of how to start a discussion - NOT? Why not make the usual post reference?

Ant P. wrote:
Reason: ... I have *never* seen a single post from him that wasn't inciting or baiting an argument ...

I'm shocked! :lol:
Anon-E-moose
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ant P. wrote:
Reason: I think it's long past time this user was held to the same standards ciaranm was on the forums. I have *never* seen a single post from him that wasn't inciting or baiting an argument, even the technical ones are laced with poison.

This toxic river needs cleaning up at the source, or downstream will become a lifeless desert.

My 2 cents worth.

This seems to be an increasing problem, devs coming in with a "seeming" chip on the shoulder, Samuel (sp?) and tom to name a couple.
There are those devs and past devs who answer questions without seeming to have an attitude about it, so it's not all devs.

If someone, ie non-dev, is getting surly out of the blue with a dev, then I would expect the dev to possibly respond in kind,
but that doesn't seem to be the case for some of them, at least that I've seen.

Not sure what the correct answer is, as the moderators here can easily get into a damned if you do, damned if you don't scenario.

Edit to add: I don't follow every thread or every interaction, so my view might be a bit naive. :)
asturm
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anon-E-moose wrote:
Edit to add: I don't follow every thread or every interaction, so my view might be a bit naive. :)

Yeah, you are excused, not being a dev, and not seeing the usual conduct by Tony0945. Make no mistake: None of his go-to one-liners are worth a report, but they certainly have an effect.

As for Ant P.' s report, that one is a bit puzzling; some people can dish it out but cannot take it. I don't hold it against them; move along, nothing to see there.
Ant P.
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Every non-spam report in this thread in the past month has you as the root cause. When it's not a direct mention it's part of a conversation you've increased the temperature in with your childish and nasty attitude.

Something for the mods to reflect on. Personally I think you deserve a long involuntary vacation.
asturm
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you still bitter about getting mild pushback for denigrating a fellow dev?
krinn
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

asturm wrote:
Are you still bitter about getting mild pushback for denigrating a fellow dev?

I'm still bitter myself seeing even told, you seems to not wish to change.

Can you answer, and do yourself the moderation there:
does this qualify as "Posting/participating only to incite drama or negativity" or not?
asturm
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

krinn wrote:
Can you answer, and do yourself the moderation there:
does this qualify as "Posting/participating only to incite drama or negativity" or not?

It's an honest question addressing a ridiculous claim from above. Equally as ridiculous as his first report in this thread, btw - but I'm still not holding a grudge against Ant P. You shouldn't see drama everywhere - and you're not a mod, so thanks for stopping with your interventions, please.
krinn
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

asturm wrote:
and you're not a mod, so thanks for stopping with your interventions, please.

I'll do, but in case you were missing, it was to help you ; unlike you, i don't think real moderators intervention would be any good for you.
asturm
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

krinn wrote:
unlike you, i don't think real moderators intervention would be any good for you.

And that's where we disagree. Consider this insight:

Anon-E-moose wrote:
krinn
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

asturm wrote:
Consider this insight:

Again, i have "nothing" to consider, this might be an explain on your attitude, not an excuse for it.
Told you already, someone bad or whatever with you doesn't grant you any free "i could break the CoC"

Could you stop looking at what people are doing to you and just apply CoC unconditionaly. There's no exception in the CoC.

The problem with that attitude is that, retaliation is understable (we're human) if we see someone shitting on you in a thread, but you get so used to it that you think our understanding is an aggrement ; to a point you take that "right" also in a thread where none has attack you (extending futher more that right to "he has been bad with me in another thread").
But for a person who don't know any background of you and your interlocutor, you are the offender.

I have saw you in some thread going too far (i remember a "linguas changes" thread that was more than borderline), but i didn't report you there, accepting a little breach for relataliation and hostility that happen in that thread.
But when you start the fight yourself with no apparant reason ; you're going too far.
Just like i could understand your childish "white knight", even i didn't myself insult you (and we have discuss in some thread, i don't remember you or me insulting the other), i still understand how hard it is to be reported (been there too), but shall i remember you that you have ask yourself for it while i was trying to make my point?
asturm
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

krinn wrote:
Told you already, someone bad or whatever with you doesn't grant you any free "i could break the CoC"

CoC is not enforced in Gentoo Chat for a long time, but I certainly haven't broken it unless you consider 'spreading niceties evenly' to be part of it.

krinn wrote:
to a point you take that "right" also in a thread where none has attack you (extending futher more that right to "he has been bad with me in another thread").
But for a person who don't know any background of you and your interlocutor, you are the offender.

Let us for one second assume that we are humans, not robots. We will always try our best, but to expect that all interactions are equal and unburdened is not very realistic. Your perception about it is still wrong though - there was certainly no attack. If anything, the tone of the OP was aptly responded to - he'd even mentioned marriage, of all things!

krinn wrote:
I have saw you in some thread going too far (i remember a "linguas changes" thread that was more than borderline), but i didn't report you there, accepting a little breach for relataliation and hostility that happen in that thread.

Not much I can do here without citation.

krinn wrote:
Just like i could understand your childish "white knight", even i didn't myself insult you (and we have discuss in some thread, i don't remember you or me insulting the other)

I don't know, is this language barrier? It just seemed to be an accurate depiction of your insistance on the matter. If you perceived this as an insult, then I'm really sorry.

krinn wrote:
I still understand how hard it is to be reported (been there too), but shall i remember you that you have ask yourself for it while i was trying to make my point?

Yes, and I continue to be completely fine with it. Needless to say it has been met with ENOCARE so far. Similar to steveL's attack I reported, btw. This should be really run by Tony0945 to give him a counter point over his notion that 'devs are supported over users', but I doubt it is going to change his conduct anyway.
Tony0945
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Well. Asturm's personal vendetta against me continues.

I'll leave it to you. Either get him off my back or cancel my account. Look over the posts he cites AND his posts to me including jumping into a discussion just to attack me and decide for yourselves.

He is attacking my views NOT my expression of those views. i.e. he wants mind control. Life is too short to live with a cyberbully.
asturm
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a lot of projection in your post. And the usual hyperbole...
pjp
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tony0945 wrote:
Well Well. Asturm's personal vendetta against me continues.

I'll leave it to you. Either get him off my back or cancel my account. Look over the posts he cites AND his posts to me including jumping into a discussion just to attack me and decide for yourselves.

He is attacking my views NOT my expression of those views. i.e. he wants mind control. Life is too short to live with a cyberbully.
Where? I checked your posts and the threads they were in going back to early September and did not see any interaction between you and asturm. "Find all posts by" may be missing them, so references are important.

@asturm:

I'm not sure what this latest is about, but would you please stop interacting with Tony0945? Presuming that you're trying to be helpful, it is clear that Tony0945 is not receiving your comments as such.

Thanks.
Tony0945
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pjp wrote:
Where? I checked your posts and the threads they were in going back to early September and did not see any interaction between you and asturm.

I received an e-mail from the forums saying that there was new post and here it is all over again. over and over and over
Because I won't kiss the butt of an entity that called me a liar. An entity that injects into threads solely to heap abuse on me and not make other posts.
To be fair I see him abusing others too. Already I won't enter a thread where he has been. It's obvious that this won't stop. Well, it's been a mostly nice 12 years. Everything ends.
pjp
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm obviously not aware of or understanding the latest details. Sorry. I don't know what you're asking for or expecting.
asturm
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pjp wrote:
Presuming that you're trying to be helpful, it is clear that Tony0945 is not receiving your comments as such.

I can't help him there... he's entering this thread, so I'll answer.

I mean,
Tony0945 wrote:
he wants mind control.

...seriously?

Tony0945 wrote:
Life is too short to live with a cyberbully.

Defamation once again that ought to be reported, but here we are already, anyway. Bullying is a serious allegation that I already asked him to kindly shut up with, if a forum post search is not able to back it up.

pjp wrote:
I checked your posts and the threads they were in going back to early September and did not see any interaction between you and asturm.

I don't think there was any, he's just found this thread in here.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo Forums Feedback All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: