PBM: Focus sometimes "slips" off with alt-tab in Xfce
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
VinzC
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:28 pm    Post subject: PBM: Focus sometimes "slips" off with alt-tab in X Reply with quote

Hi all.

This is an issue I've always had (at least for as long as I can remember, that said) : when I switch between application windows with Alt+Tab, sometimes the focus lands in the window I select, sometimes not. I can tell because I've set the composer so that non-focused windows are 80% opaque and focused windows 100% opaque. So it happens, roughly like 30-50% of the time and pretty much randomly, that switching between application windows slips off and focuses on... well, I don't know where. Just not the window I had selected (since it's not opaque and I can see the desktop background through it). The virtual desktop, which the selected window belongs to appears however and is switched to, as expected.

This issue only occurs on one of my two Gentoo machines, one being a laptop that I've installed from scratch a few months ago. My main machine, which exhibits the "bug" was installed a couple of years ago. FTR I have set automatic focus (i.e. focus follows the mouse pointer and the focus window is raised automatically after about 1 second) on both machines, both of which run Xfce.

Does anyone have an idea what's going on?

Thanks in advance for any hint/suggestion.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: