emake fail - ERROR: mail-filter/clamsmtp-1.10::gentoo failed
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KingKong
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:09 am    Post subject: emake fail - ERROR: mail-filter/clamsmtp-1.10::gentoo failed Reply with quote

Hi there;

I was trying to emerge clamsmtp in a Linode server with the latest update of @system. However emake failed in compile phase. The output as below:

1) emerge --info: https://paste.pound-python.org/show/WAlpHEDqCkQGGsfIq9uy/
2) build log: https://paste.pound-python.org/show/JgqtTxSoE9sjp2bwKofp/
3) package info: https://paste.pound-python.org/show/78sfc1zjzzZmHsW9ZqPT/

I used to install on many physical servers with older Gentoo with no problem. Can somebody help on this, please....

One thousand thanks!
Josef.95
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:27 am    Post subject: emake fail - ERROR: mail-filter/clamsmtp-1.10::gentoo failed Reply with quote

Hey KingKong, welcome in gentoo Forum! :)
KingKong wrote:
Code:
In file included from ../common/sock_any.h:44:0,
                 from ../common/smtppass.c:68:
/usr/include/netinet/in.h:31:8: error: redefinition of ‘struct in_addr’
 struct in_addr

Sounds like here is already a Bug 629684 reported.
KingKong
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Josef.95, thank you very much for your reply.

So what should I do, any suggestion? Copy the new clamsmtp-1.10-r1.ebuild and clamsmtp-smtppass.patch from the Bug #629684 onto /usr/portage/mail-filter/clamsmtp and emerge again?

Running 'emerge --sync' won't update the portage of clamsmtp for the patch, is the bug fixed (sorry, I'm new to Gentoo's bugzilla[/code])?
fedeliallalinea
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can apply only patch with /etc/portage/patches.
Remeber to enable this function for all ebuilds becuse clamsmtp ebuild has EAPI 0 and epatch_user function isn't mandatory
Josef.95
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^ yes,
please don't touch manually in /usr/portage

I think add the patched ebuild and patch in a local Overlay should be fine.
For Info please look in https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Handbook:AMD64/Portage/CustomTree#Adding_unofficial_ebuilds
The directory structure in a Overlay is the same as in /usr/portage/
KingKong
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Fedeliallalinea;

I was trying to do the patch following the guide and have created the bashrc to enable /etc/portage/patches for all builds, but no luck, user patch not applied. Not sure any steps was missing... The output of ebuild:

Code:
localhost /usr/portage/mail-filter/clamsmtp # ebuild clamsmtp-1.10.ebuild clean prepare
 * clamsmtp-1.10.tar.gz BLAKE2B SHA512 size ;-) ...                                                                                                [ ok ]
 * checking ebuild checksums ;-) ...                                                                                                               [ ok ]
 * checking auxfile checksums ;-) ...                                                                                                              [ ok ]
 * checking miscfile checksums ;-) ...                                                                                                             [ ok ]
>>> Unpacking source...
>>> Unpacking clamsmtp-1.10.tar.gz to /var/tmp/portage/mail-filter/clamsmtp-1.10/work
>>> Source unpacked in /var/tmp/portage/mail-filter/clamsmtp-1.10/work

Hi Josef.95
I haven't try your suggestion, but has read the link, it might be too heavy for me to set up custom repo, I would rather give up clamsmtp and find other similar replacement. Anyway, many thanks for the reply.
fedeliallalinea
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingKong wrote:
I was trying to do the patch following the guide and have created the bashrc to enable /etc/portage/patches for all builds, but no luck, user patch not applied. Not sure any steps was missing... The output of ebuild:

You right, src_prepare function (phase for apply the user patches) have been introduced only in the EAPI 2 then my solution doesn't work

KingKong wrote:
I haven't try your suggestion, but has read the link, it might be too heavy for me to set up custom repo, I would rather give up clamsmtp and find other similar replacement. Anyway, many thanks for the reply.

It's not so complicated
Code:
# mkdir -p /usr/local/portage/{metadata,profiles}
# echo 'localrepo' > /usr/local/portage/profiles/repo_name
# echo -e "masters = gentoo\nauto-sync = false" >> /usr/local/portage/metadata/layout.conf
# echo -e "[localrepo]\nlocation = /usr/local/portage" >> /etc/portage/repos.conf/localrepo.conf
# mkdir -p /usr/local/portage/mail-filter/clamsmtp
# mkdir /usr/local/portage/mail-filter/clamsmtp /files
# wget "https://629684.bugs.gentoo.org/attachment.cgi?id=498518" -O /usr/local/portage/mail-filter/clamsmtp/clamsmtp-1.10-r1.ebuild
# wget "https://629684.bugs.gentoo.org/attachment.cgi?id=498516" -O /usr/local/portage/mail-filter/clamsmtp/files/clamsmtp-smtppass.patch
# chown -R portage:portage /usr/local/portage
# ebuild /usr/local/portage/mail-filter/clamsmtp/clamsmtp-1.10-r1.ebuild manifest
# emerge clamsmtp::localrepo

This ebuild already contain to apply patch then you can remove it from /etc/portage/patches
KingKong
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi fedeliallalinea;

Your solution works like a charm. I've just finished emergeing the clamsmtp, it's up and running now... :D

One single step missing is before generate the manifest, I've copied the 'clamsmtpd.init' from the gentoo repo into the files/ directory.

Thank you so many for kind asistant and advice. Cheers!
zark
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi fedeliallalinea;

I have the same issue.

I applied your exact same solution,

but i'm getting this :

Quote:
!!! newinitd: /var/tmp/portage/mail-filter/clamsmtp-1.10-r1/files/clamsmtpd.init does not exist

any ideas ?

ok. solved.

add :
Quote:
cp /usr/portage/mail-filter/clamsmtp/files/clamsmtpd.init /usr/local/portage/mail-filter/clamsmtp/files/

before running the ebuild command :)[/quote]
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: