View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
johngalt
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:36 pm    Post subject: Logi G-15 gen 2 KB arrow keys not working Reply with quote

Hi, all,

Got a weird issue that I can't figure out for the life of me.

Gentoo w/ 4.14.52 kernel, hand configured using pappy's pre-config, running on a 17.1 (no symlink) experimental desktop profile (correctly set up upon stage extraction during clean install per News items instructions), with XFCE installed an working, using nVidia (not nouveau) drivers for my GTX 970. This is the KB in question: https://www.amazon.com/Logitech-G15-Gaming-Keyboard-Black/dp/B000UHE8YM

I've searched for this error quite a bit since it manifested - I cannot seem to make it go away at all, and I have no idea where to go from here. I've checked the Logitech forums as well as here

My KB works perfectly fine if I just log in to the console, as either a (l)user or as root. Upon starting XFCE4, though, the arrow keys and everything above them are misconfigured - badly. Arrow keys do not work at all, Prt Scrn == Del, scroll lock is inoperative, Ins, Home, Del and End are inoperative, PgUp == / and PgDn == 'right click'.

If I disable the NumLock, I can use the numeric keypad functions like normal - 2/4/6/8 for arrows, 7 == home, etc. But I prefer to have my numeric keypad serve me numbers when I use it, as I perform a lot of mathematical functions via it, and have the directional and movement keys work as they should.

In XFCE, under keyboard, it it shows the G15 (using G15 daemon) KB as the default setting for it, and there are no strange key-mappings there. The list is extremely long, attempting to use the generic 101/104 KB layouts did not change anything. I then searched for G5 daemon, and found the g15 daemon along with the necessary settings (including an additional kernel setting I needed to enable) so I tried all that - enabling setting, recompiling kernel,modules, installing, creating initramfs, rebuild nVidia drivers and create grub config (just in case).

No go - that one section of the KB is dead in XFCE.

If I exit out of XFCE, the arrow keys start working perfectly fine, which is what is really throwing me for a loop.

Since I am out of ideas, I have no clue where to look next - nor what sort of config/ log files I need to provide in order to get some help troubleshooting this.

Anyone have any suggestions on where I should go looking?
If you want to retain credibility as a functional adult; when you are told that you are acting boorishly, the correct response is to consider that possibility and act accordingly to correct that behavior.

Amen.
russK
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you see the wiki page?
https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Logitech_G15
EasterParade
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a long shot ... :
apart from the special setup for this Logitech KB does are input driver settings
involved or is the whole XFCE setup different from KDE and Gnome?
Specifically is libinput on the system?
Ant P.
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like you misconfigured X to use the legacy kbd driver on an evdev device, or vice versa.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: