Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
How many DJT Supreme Court Confirmations Are We Looking At?
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next  
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall
View previous topic :: View next topic  

How many SCOTUS confirmations for DJT?
Just Gorsuch.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
22%
 22%  [ 2 ]
66%
 66%  [ 6 ]
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
5 or more
11%
 11%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 9

richk449
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bones McCracker wrote:
For some. We saw them, lips trembling in disbelief that night. We heard their rants for weeks after. Then came the petulant "resistance". Don't debase yourself by denying it

Clintons plural. He spent a good part of his career as a partisan warier trying to take down Bill Clinton as part of Kenneth Starr's team. It's a pretty clear indication that he sees things through that partisan lens. He goes on to say "You may defeat me in the final vote, but you’ll never get me to quit. Never.", which confirms that he sees this as a personal battle with his enemies.
Muso
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

richk449 wrote:
Clintons plural.

The Clintons said it was a co-presidency. He's taking their word on the matter, why aren't you?

Kindness Evokes Kindness

Peace Emits Positive Energy
richk449
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Muso wrote:
richk449 wrote:
Clintons plural.

The Clintons said it was a co-presidency. He's taking their word on the matter, why aren't you?

I don’t understand why you think this refutes my point. Bk implied he was talking about the recent Hillary loss, and I explained that he was also referring to bill’s presidency.
Muso
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

richk449 wrote:
Muso wrote:
richk449 wrote:
Clintons plural.

I don’t understand why you think this refutes my point. Bk implied he was talking about the recent Hillary loss, and I explained that he was also referring to bill’s presidency.

I agree with your take. It has to do with Kavanaugh's roll on the Starr investigation and the Clinton's propensity for revenge.

Kindness Evokes Kindness

Old School
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now here is to that old extremist, Ruth B-G. May she die quietly in her sleep tonight.
richk449
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

richk449 wrote:
Kavanaugh made explicitly clear that he was a partisan during his confirmation hearing. The fact that a judge can be explicitly, openly partisan, and still be confirmed (on a partisan vote) is very bad for a country that has relied on a non-partisan judiciary.

While I don't find it completely convincing, here is a decent rebuttal to my position:
https://www.nationalreview.com/2018/10/brett-kavanaugh-not-partisan-justice-constitution-belongs-to-no-faction/
Quote:
What progressives often fail to appreciate is that “originalist” or “strict constructionist” interpretations of the Constitution are not synonymous with pro-Republican interpretations. If Donald Trump wanted a true vassal of his faction on the Court, he would not pick nominees from his list; he’d pick them from his payroll or fan club. If he could get away with it, we’d be debating the nomination of Judge Jeanine Pirro or Jerry Falwell Jr.

Justice Antonin Scalia, a conservative to the core, hated flag burning just as much as those on the right who favored banning it, but he ruled it constitutionally protected free speech all the same. On criminal procedure, he was often the defendant’s best friend on the Court. Neil Gorsuch, appointed by Trump, is another conservative in the Scalia mold, and in one of his first decisions he joined with the four liberals to deliver a defeat to the Trump administration in Sessions v. Dimaya, an immigration case. Kavanaugh himself threw out one of the first Obamacare lawsuits — hardly the act of a rank partisan.
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Democrat Party has been hijacked by balls-out extremists and morally dysfunctional wackos.
Old School
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The primaries in the last Presidential election PROVED that the DNC is corrupt.
Old School
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

richk449 wrote:
richk449 wrote:
Kavanaugh made explicitly clear that he was a partisan during his confirmation hearing. The fact that a judge can be explicitly, openly partisan, and still be confirmed (on a partisan vote) is very bad for a country that has relied on a non-partisan judiciary.

While I don't find it completely convincing, here is a decent rebuttal to my position:
https://www.nationalreview.com/2018/10/brett-kavanaugh-not-partisan-justice-constitution-belongs-to-no-faction/
Quote:
What progressives often fail to appreciate is that “originalist” or “strict constructionist” interpretations of the Constitution are not synonymous with pro-Republican interpretations. If Donald Trump wanted a true vassal of his faction on the Court, he would not pick nominees from his list; he’d pick them from his payroll or fan club. If he could get away with it, we’d be debating the nomination of Judge Jeanine Pirro or Jerry Falwell Jr.

Justice Antonin Scalia, a conservative to the core, hated flag burning just as much as those on the right who favored banning it, but he ruled it constitutionally protected free speech all the same. On criminal procedure, he was often the defendant’s best friend on the Court. Neil Gorsuch, appointed by Trump, is another conservative in the Scalia mold, and in one of his first decisions he joined with the four liberals to deliver a defeat to the Trump administration in Sessions v. Dimaya, an immigration case. Kavanaugh himself threw out one of the first Obamacare lawsuits — hardly the act of a rank partisan.
I can see that progressives that deep down hate the Constitution would consider Kavanaugh a threat.
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This has nothing to do with Kavanaugh as an individual. The Democrat Party is now run by un-American Alyinskyist extremists who are are engaging in classic Soviet-style agitation. Howso? They are attacking the credibility and legitimacy of the new Justice under the guise of the "confirmation" process, but their real goal is to undermine confidence in the Supreme Court as an institution, because the Supreme Court enforces the U.S. Constitution, which they want out of their way.

How is the Constitution in their way? Because they are collectivist-authoritarians, and the primary function of the U.S. Constitution is to protect individual rights from collectivist-authoritarian abuses (all justified in the name of the greater good, of course, as all crimes against humanity have been throughout history).

Democrats are budding Stalinists, and if they're not stopped now, horrors against humanity will follow. They bring hate, fear, widespread poverty and general deprivation, bullying, systematic violation of individual rights, purges, pograms, and ultimately, death camps. It's what they did in the USSR. It's what they did in China. It's what they did in Cambodia. You can hear them talking themselves into it now. Their chosen hero, Obama, said the Constitution was in his way. They should all be lobotomized, for the sake of humanity, before it's too late.
Muso
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty much.

Kindness Evokes Kindness

richk449
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bones McCracker wrote:
This has nothing to do with Kavanaugh as an individual.

This sentence is correct. The rest is nonsense.
Old School
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

richk449 wrote:
Bones McCracker wrote:

Boney is only wrong in one respect. The DNC is not turning Stalinist.

It is turning Maoist, and the progressives are calling for a cultural revolution in the Maoist style. They HATE the Constitution, and want to delegitimize it and the Institutions it represents.
richk449
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Instead of concocting ever more elaborate stories about how the people on the other side of the political spectrum are inhuman monsters, why don’t you take the opposite approach, and try to understand why they disagree with you Ttry to see from their point of view why they are against Kavanaugh for the Supreme Court?
Muso
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

richk449 wrote:
Instead of concocting ever more elaborate stories about how the people on the other side of the political spectrum are inhuman monsters, why don’t you take the opposite approach, and try to understand why they disagree with you Ttry to see from their point of view why they are against Kavanaugh for the Supreme Court?

They are mindless drones programmed to behave in that way. They are NPCs.

Kindness Evokes Kindness

Old School
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

richk449 wrote:
You need to open your eyes to the growing radical element of the DNC.
HungGarTiger
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

richk449 wrote:
Bones McCracker wrote:

The funny thing is, there are some serious questions that should be asked about Kavanaugh that this shit show completely over shadowed. For example is help in putting together the Patriot Act and his recent ruling that government collection of citizens meta data is legal under the constitution.

I personally think he is unfit to sit on the SCOTUS because of his support for this kind of thing, the dems could have made a fantastic argument against him based on his history of trampling the constitution. However, we all know it isn't about shutting down the encroachment of power into our lives.

Seeing this from far away, it's hard to see how the Dems haven't completely shot themselves in the foot a month out from the election. I'll be very happy to see them fall further into the long grass, if the Reps are anything other than completely incompetent (which I suspect they might be).

On a side note, I'm surprised people aren't memeing Dianne Feinstein crying at that press conference. "She doesn't have the right temperament for the job" Also, could someone that knows the inner workings of these places better than me answer this question re: Feinstein - now that she has been caught trying to fuck the Reps, had spys and doxxers coming from her office, what is likely to happen to her as payback? The Reps can't see her as anything other than a massive liability and want to hang her out to dry as an example to everyone else
Old School
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who is Christine Ford?
Muso
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Old School wrote:
Who is Christine Ford?

Excellent.

Kindness Evokes Kindness

Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

richk449 wrote:

I already understand why they disagree with me. It's because they are brainwashed Alynskyist authoritarian-collectivist extremist motherfuckers who, in classic Ministry of Truth fashion, hate truth and rational discourse and are trapped in their own reality distortion field. The same reality distortion field that caused so many to be so shocked when Hillary didn't win is warping and twisting all aspects of reality for these people. Ignorance is strength; hope and change; we have always been at war with Eastasia; I did not grab that woman right the pussy, but I did stick a cigar in her hoo-ha and empty my nads onto her hasthag metoo go baby!

Last edited by Bones McCracker on Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
HungGarTiger
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Old School wrote:
Who is Christine Ford?

10/10
HungGarTiger
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bones McCracker wrote:
richk449 wrote:

I already understand why they disagree with me. It's because they are brainwashed Alynskyist authoritarian-collectivist extremist motherfuckers who, in classic Ministry of Truth fashion, hate truth and rational discourse and are trapped in their own reality distortion field. The same reality distortion field that caused so many to be so shocked when Hillary didn't win is warping and twisting all aspects of reality for these people. Ignorance is strength; hope and change; we have always been at war with Eastasia; I did not grab that woman right the pussy, but I did stick a cigar in her hoo-ha and empty my nads onto her hasthag metoo go baby!

This is pretty much 100% spot on.

I find the Dems "Lets keep politics out of this" statement so disingenuous it's completely absurd. There is no low they won't go to, I don't understand why they aren't called out more on this. Their whole platform is designed to engineer their moral grand standing and it's so easy to bring them down in their hypocrisy, unfortunately the right has a few standards left and until they lose them and fight on the Dems level they won't be able to win this war.

Lyndsay Graham came out on top in this whole saga though, he came across as an awesome dude.
Muso
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HungGarTiger wrote:
Lyndsay Graham came out on top in this whole saga though, he came across as an awesome dude.

I'm really liking this new version of Senator Graham. The use flags changed :
Code:
USE="Backbone" emerge Lindsey-2.0

Kindness Evokes Kindness

Old School
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Muso wrote:
HungGarTiger wrote:

Code:

And the Left's response: Gay bashing.
HungGarTiger
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Old School wrote:
Muso wrote:
HungGarTiger wrote:

Code:

And the Left's response: Gay bashing.

Just like the meme'd Kavanaugh's emotion, suddenly it's not good for men to show emotion. Though I can understand their hate for a man defending his family.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: