[SOLVED] Error when extracting tarball
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Installing Gentoo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
johngalt
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:39 am    Post subject: [SOLVED] Error when extracting tarball Reply with quote

Hi, all,

Starting all over from scratch on my Dell Laptop following the handbook (HD issues, have a replacement in there that is the same model HD as before). Using System Rescue CD to boot, ver 5.2.2, 2 April 2018.

Using the tarballs from Ga Tech servers http://www.gtlib.gatech.edu/pub/gentoo/releases/amd64/autobuilds/current-stage3-amd64/stage3-amd64-20180614T214502Z.tar.xz I perform the verification, all looks well, and then I perform `tar xpf stage3-*.tar.xz --xattrs-include='*.*' --numeric-owner

And I get the following:

Code:

tar: setxattrat: Cannot set 'user.pax.flags' extended attribute for file './usr/bin/python3.6m': Operation not supported
tar: setxattrat: Cannot set 'user.pax.flags' extended attribute for file './usr/libexec/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/6.4.0/cc1': Operation not supported
tar: setxattrat: Cannot set 'user.pax.flags' extended attribute for file './usr/libexec/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/6.4.0/cc1plus': Operation not supported

Is this anything to be worried about? One thing I am surprised about is that, IIRC, the message about the move to Python 3.6 was supposed ot happen 22 June, not a week early, so I'm wondering if that is a that should not have happened....
If you want to retain credibility as a functional adult; when you are told that you are acting boorishly, the correct response is to consider that possibility and act accordingly to correct that behavior.

Amen.
johngalt
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I started a new instance after shredding all data on the disc with SRCD and did not receive the error again.
If you want to retain credibility as a functional adult; when you are told that you are acting boorishly, the correct response is to consider that possibility and act accordingly to correct that behavior.

Amen.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Installing Gentoo All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: