View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RayDude
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:05 am    Post subject: Minecraft stopped working... totally at a loss. [solved] Reply with quote

After my latest emerge -DNuv @world, minecraft stopped working. I haven't been able to find any changes to Xorg or intel. I've tried updating to the latest intel driver and libraries.

I'm using the integrated intel chipset which is sandy bridge I think: intel® HD Graphics 4600

The error message implies that openGL is not working, but glxinfo and glxgears say that opengl is working.

The error message is all over the internet, especially for intel chipsets on windows 10:

Code:
---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
// I let you down. Sorry :(

Time: 6/18/18 1:01 AM
Description: Initializing game

java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
   at bib.av(SourceFile:661)
   at bib.aq(SourceFile:456)
   at bib.a(SourceFile:404)
   at net.minecraft.client.main.Main.main(SourceFile:123)
Caused by: java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 0
   at org.lwjgl.opengl.XRandR.findPrimary(XRandR.java:326)
   at org.lwjgl.opengl.XRandR.ScreentoDisplayMode(XRandR.java:315)
   at org.lwjgl.opengl.LinuxDisplay$3.run(LinuxDisplay.java:746)
   at org.lwjgl.opengl.LinuxDisplay$3.run(LinuxDisplay.java:743)
   at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
   at org.lwjgl.opengl.LinuxDisplay.init(LinuxDisplay.java:743)
   at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.<clinit>(Display.java:138)
   ... 4 more

A detailed walkthrough of the error, its code path and all known details is as follows:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-- Head --
Thread: Client thread
Stacktrace:
   at bib.av(SourceFile:661)
   at bib.aq(SourceFile:456)

-- Initialization --
Details:
Stacktrace:
   at bib.a(SourceFile:404)
   at net.minecraft.client.main.Main.main(SourceFile:123)

-- System Details --
Details:
   Minecraft Version: 1.12.2
   Operating System: Linux (amd64) version 4.17.1-gentoo
   Java Version: 1.8.0_172, Oracle Corporation
   Java VM Version: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (mixed mode), Oracle Corporation
   Memory: 97217160 bytes (92 MB) / 240386048 bytes (229 MB) up to 1060372480 bytes (1011 MB)
   JVM Flags: 5 total; -Xmx1G -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:+CMSIncrementalMode -XX:-UseAdaptiveSizePolicy -Xmn128M
   IntCache: cache: 0, tcache: 0, allocated: 0, tallocated: 0
   Launched Version: 1.12.2
   LWJGL: 2.9.4
   OpenGL: ~~ERROR~~ RuntimeException: No OpenGL context found in the current thread.
   GL Caps:
   Using VBOs: Yes
   Is Modded: Probably not. Jar signature remains and client brand is untouched.
   Type: Client (map_client.txt)
   Resource Packs:
   Current Language: ~~ERROR~~ NullPointerException: null
   Profiler Position: N/A (disabled)
   CPU: <unknown>

I'm really at a loss and I miss playing... It's one way I destress after a long day.

Halp?

Update:

I had a mythconverg database corruption due to a full SSD a few days ago. I had to restore the settings from an old backup from last year. I guess back then I was using opengl for my paint engine because the fix turns out to be killing mythwelcome and myth frontend or running them on QT. Apparently they were hogging opengl and preventing minecraft from getting to it.

It makes no sense... I swear I was running opengl2 all this time, but that's what worked anyway.
olger901
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you set any Java arguments? Could be cause because of invalid memory allocation.

You stated that you have a Sandy Bridge Processor? Then it could be your Java version. Try using a Oracle Java Runtime Environment version below 8.0 Update 60, might be a security risk, but will likely resolve your issue. Because the Oracle Java Runtime Environment client was update and older Intel Graphics Processors miss a certain pixmap support (I've seen this issue in other applications).
RayDude
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

olger901 wrote:
Did you set any Java arguments? Could be cause because of invalid memory allocation.

You stated that you have a Sandy Bridge Processor? Then it could be your Java version. Try using a Oracle Java Runtime Environment version below 8.0 Update 60, might be a security risk, but will likely resolve your issue. Because the Oracle Java Runtime Environment client was update and older Intel Graphics Processors miss a certain pixmap support (I've seen this issue in other applications).

Thanks. I found several threads through google that said the same thing, but none of that helped.

If you look at the bottom of my post you can see an update. My issue was opengl was being hogged by mythwelcome. I switched mythtv to use QT and solved the issue.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: