[SOLVED] Me too
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Installing Gentoo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
eightman
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:45 am    Post subject: [SOLVED] Me too Reply with quote

[Moderator note: this post, and the first self-response, were originally attached as a Me-Too to emerge freetype-2.8 can't read ftoption.h, which is not the same error message or the same problem. -Hu]

I'm having this same issue. Took the advice and fixed permissions for the file, but that won't let me install either
Code:
2 out of 2 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file modules.cfg.rej                                                                                                                                                                                                       [ !! ]
 * ERROR: media-libs/freetype-2.9.1-r3::gentoo failed (prepare phase):
 *   patch -p1  failed with /var/tmp/portage/media-libs/freetype-2.9.1-r3/files/freetype-2.7-enable-valid.patch
 * Call stack:
 *               ebuild.sh, line  124:  Called src_prepare
 *             environment, line 2829:  Called default
 *      phase-functions.sh, line  867:  Called default_src_prepare
 *      phase-functions.sh, line  932:  Called __eapi6_src_prepare
 *             environment, line  217:  Called eapply '/var/tmp/portage/media-libs/freetype-2.9.1-r3/files/freetype-2.7-enable-valid.patch' '/var/tmp/portage/media-libs/freetype-2.9.1-r3/files/freetype-2.4.11-sizeof-types.patch'
 *             environment, line  649:  Called _eapply_patch '/var/tmp/portage/media-libs/freetype-2.9.1-r3/files/freetype-2.7-enable-valid.patch'
 *             environment, line  587:  Called __helpers_die 'patch -p1  failed with /var/tmp/portage/media-libs/freetype-2.9.1-r3/files/freetype-2.7-enable-valid.patch'
 *   isolated-functions.sh, line  121:  Called die
 * The specific snippet of code:
 *              die "$@"
 * If you need support, post the output of `emerge --info '=media-libs/freetype-2.9.1-r3::gentoo'`,
 * the complete build log and the output of `emerge -pqv '=media-libs/freetype-2.9.1-r3::gentoo'`.
 * The complete build log is located at '/var/tmp/portage/media-libs/freetype-2.9.1-r3/temp/build.log'.
 * The ebuild environment file is located at '/var/tmp/portage/media-libs/freetype-2.9.1-r3/temp/environment'.
 * Working directory: '/var/tmp/portage/media-libs/freetype-2.9.1-r3/work/freetype-2.9.1'
 * S: '/var/tmp/portage/media-libs/freetype-2.9.1-r3/work/freetype-2.9.1'

Doesn't matter which version of freetype I use either, 2.8 does the same thing
eightman
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually found my issue, don't know if this was also OP's problem. I didn't have the root partition mounted to /mnt/gentoo, RIP. After I fixed that, permissions were fine again.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Installing Gentoo All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: