Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
Dantrell's GNOME Without Systemd Project (Part 2)
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14, 15, 16  Next  
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dantrell
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spargeltarzan wrote:
On wayland, do we need to add acpi to the default runlevel? According to the wiki no, but I don't know if I could win power saving and especially I have an issue currently: [...]

It's less about Wayland and more about whether you using the ConsoleKit implementation or the elogind implementation as only the ConsoleKit implementation pulls in sys-power/acpid and requires the service to be running as per the documentation.

If you are using the elogind implementation you don't need it unless something other than GNOME pulls it in (e.g. app-laptop/laptop-mode-tools and x11-drivers/nvidia-drivers).

Spargeltarzan wrote:
The cpu's frequency cant be throttled any more. Have laptop-mode-tools installed, activated cpufreq.conf. Compiled kernel with cpufreq support and set governor to "performance". On newer Intel CPUs this is recommened, because in performance the scaling should work even better than in "ondemand". Any idea what is missing?

Perhaps you should be using sys-power/cpupower?

Spargeltarzan wrote:
Gnome-control-center was working normally and suddenly doesnt open any more. After I login once at X11, it works again in wayland too.

This sounds familiar but I can't recall. I'll be investigating further.

Spargeltarzan wrote:
My display brightness level is not remembered across reboots, is it possible?

This is a long-time GNOME feature. :roll:

If it's correctable from that end it'll be through me writing yet another QoL patch.

What does work is manually setting the brightness level on boot by interacting with /sys/class/backlight/* (specifically /sys/class/backlight/intel_backlight/brightness if memory serves) through your preferred method.

simonvanderveldt wrote:
@dantrell, just FYI after a random idea that it might have to do with keychain and then some fiddling around I finally figured out why I've been unable to get the login/going from GDM to desktop to work after switching to elogind.

Finally, the black shadow looming over the introduction of the elogind implementation is lifted. I kept investigating and could not find anything. I even ended up staring at the code hoping it would confess. :twisted:

simonvanderveldt wrote:
Only thing I don't really understand why consolekit did work and elogind didn't.

I wouldn't even know where to begin but this reminds me that I forgot to forward the ConsoleKit implementation.

runningnak3d wrote:
I love Gnome, but if you ever decide that you no longer want to work on this, or if they make systemd a run time requirement, I will be moving on.

To be fair, I believe the Gentoo GNOME team will eventually support an elogind implementation as upstream GNOME started accepting patches introducing elogind support.

runningnak3d wrote:
For now, I have run into zero problems using your 17.0 3.28 extended profile.

That's always good to hear since people usually chime in when things go wrong. :oops:

runningnak3d wrote:
I have searched for a donation link, and the only thing I found was from 2014 when you were working on this for Funtoo. Do you have a current donation link? Did my Google-fu / Forum-search-fu fail me?

I don't think I ever had a donation link.

I suppose I could set something up but I never found it necessary (especially with how often I allegedly break things :P).

Still, thank you for inquiring.
Spargeltarzan
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[url]
dantrell wrote:

It's less about Wayland and more about whether you using the ConsoleKit implementation or the elogind implementation as only the ConsoleKit implementation pulls in sys-power/acpid and requires the service to be running as per the documentation.

If you are using the elogind implementation you don't need it unless something other than GNOME pulls it in (e.g. app-laptop/laptop-mode-tools and x11-drivers/nvidia-drivers).

thanks, I just wanted to clarify :)
dantrell wrote:

Perhaps you should be using sys-power/cpupower?

I have tried laptop-mode-tools and ltp with an overlay, additionally I also had a look on powertop and its optimization. Do you think cpupower is a better choice? I have opened a thread for my issue here

dantrell wrote:

This sounds familiar but I can't recall. I'll be investigating further.

I observed it only 2 times in the last few days, so probably other stuff will be more important or maybe this is hard to troubleshoot...
dantrell wrote:

If it's correctable from that end it'll be through me writing yet another QoL patch.

What does work is manually setting the brightness level on boot by interacting with /sys/class/backlight/* (specifically /sys/class/backlight/intel_backlight/brightness if memory serves) through your preferred method.

That would be great :)

dantrell wrote:

To be fair, I believe the Gentoo GNOME team will eventually support an elogind implementation as upstream GNOME started accepting patches introducing elogind support.

The Gentoo GNOME team is so understaffed, major development bugs are commented only 2 times a year, it currently is still on Gnome 3.24, every little thing is always postponed to the next release, ... I don't know, what will happen, when Gentoo provides also Gnome openrc officially... Maybe other developers will take care of it. Hopefully :lol:
I have read the news with mutter in Gnome 3.30, I believe, the support is fully released with 3.30?[/url]

Spargeltarzan

Notebook: Lenovo YOGA 900-13ISK: Gentoo stable amd64, GNOME systemd, KVM/QEMU
Desktop-PC: Intel Core i7-4770K, 8GB Ram, AMD Radeon R9 280X, ZFS Storage, GNOME openrc, Dantrell, Xen
zux0x3a
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 7:53 am    Post subject: emerge error while remerge Reply with quote

Hello
i have tried to recompile all packages using emerge build as below
Code:

emerge -e @world --with-bdeps=y --keep-going

but got this error while doing that
Code:

Calculating dependencies... done!
 * One or more packages are either masked or have missing dependencies:
 *   media-libs/mesa[wayland,abi_x86_64(-)] pulled in by:
 *     (x11-libs/gtk+-3.22.30:3/22::dantrell-gnome, installed)
 *   >=dev-libs/vala-common-0.40.8 pulled in by:
 *     (dev-lang/vala-0.40.8:0.40/0.40::dantrell-gnome, installed)
 * The resume list contains packages that are either masked or have
 * unsatisfied dependencies. Please restart/continue the operation
 * manually, or use --skipfirst to skip the first package in the list and
 * any other packages that may be masked or have missing dependencies.

ian.au
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:30 am    Post subject: Re: emerge error while remerge Reply with quote

zux0x3a wrote:
Hello
Code:

Code:

The error message there seems to be pretty explicit. Did you try the suggested resolutions? i.e.

Quote:
* any other packages that may be masked or have missing dependencies
zux0x3a
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:43 am    Post subject: Re: emerge error while remerge Reply with quote

ian.au wrote:
zux0x3a wrote:
Hello
Code:

Code:

The error message there seems to be pretty explicit. Did you try the suggested resolutions? i.e.

Quote:

i tried to use skip-first , but with same error
DONAHUE
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sync the dantrell-gnome overlay. https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/GNOME/GNOME_Without_systemd
Find out what the problem(s) is(are) and correct it(them). Run the following one at a time. If masked packages are shown, unmask them or mask the packages calling them. If unmet dependencies are shown, emerge -1 the dependency (after providing and/or unmasking the package if not present or masked).
emerge -pv media-libs/mesa
emerge -pv =x11-libs/gtk+-3.22.30
emerge -pv =dev-libs/vala-common-0.40.8
emerge -pv =dev-lang/vala-0.40.8
ian.au
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 12:20 pm    Post subject: Re: emerge error while remerge Reply with quote

zux0x3a wrote:
ian.au wrote:

Quote:

i tried to use skip-first , but with same error[/quote]

Well both failed packages are from the dantrell overlay, so it's entirely likely that one or more of the affected packages have moved dependencies before dantrell has had the opportunity to amend his builds. That's currently unsupported. I think you might have better luck if this post is moved to https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-1082226-start-75.html.

I'll log a request for this issue to be moved there for you.

Cheers,
Ian
pjp
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 3:49 pm    Post subject: Re: emerge error while remerge Reply with quote

ian.au wrote:
That's currently unsupported. I think you might have better luck if this post is moved to https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-1082226-start-75.html.

I'll log a request for this issue to be moved there for you.
Merged, thanks.
simonvanderveldt
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dantrell wrote:

simonvanderveldt wrote:
@dantrell, just FYI after a random idea that it might have to do with keychain and then some fiddling around I finally figured out why I've been unable to get the login/going from GDM to desktop to work after switching to elogind.

Finally, the black shadow looming over the introduction of the elogind implementation is lifted. I kept investigating and could not find anything. I even ended up staring at the code hoping it would confess. :twisted:

simonvanderveldt wrote:
Only thing I don't really understand why consolekit did work and elogind didn't.

I wouldn't even know where to begin but this reminds me that I forgot to forward the ConsoleKit implementation.

I hope you didn't lose too many nights of sleep over it :P
But yeah, pretty nice that it's finally solved and working :) sorry for taking so long to figure it out.

Regarding elogind, I just noticed this bug https://bugs.gentoo.org/645348 about adding support to gdm for elogind in the gentoo packages.
Since we're all already using gdm + elogind I figured some feedback from us on that bug would be useful, but I don't know how different the elogind from your overlays is vs the elogind in the gentoo tree. It would be nice if we could slowly move some of this stuff into the gentoo tree I think.
dantrell
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spargeltarzan wrote:
Do you think cpupower is a better choice?

I didn't think there was any choice other than cpupower after it replaced the prior default (cpufrequtils).

Spargeltarzan wrote:
I don't know, what will happen, when Gentoo provides also Gnome openrc officially...

If you are asking about the project, I will continue maintaining it because the Gentoo GNOME team doesn't support multiple GNOME release versions (but understandably so).

zux0x3a wrote:

If you started from a fresh stage 3 tarball I think you skipped a step. Please share the output of:

Code:
emerge --info

Code:
eselect profile list

as well as the full output of:

Code:
emerge --ask --update --deep --changed-use --with-bdeps=y @world

starting from the emerge command used.

simonvanderveldt wrote:
Since we're all already using gdm + elogind I figured some feedback from us on that bug would be useful, but I don't know how different the elogind from your overlays is vs the elogind in the gentoo tree. It would be nice if we could slowly move some of this stuff into the gentoo tree I think.

I saw that a while ago and all I have to say is that GNOME with elogind has been working as early as 2016 on GuixSD and Slackware. Those two were the only proof of concepts I needed to support GNOME with elogind on Gentoo.

I have also long since detailed my work (on both ConsoleKit and elogind) for anyone wanting to duplicate my efforts.

Official support would be nice but I leave that to the Gentoo GNOME team.
Shibotto
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dantrell wrote:

Spargeltarzan wrote:

My display brightness level is not remembered across reboots, is it possible?

I believe this is actually systemd-backlight@.service, which is enabled by default (a habit systemd has a lot). Just like this service does, it should be trivial to create an OpenRC service which stores and loads somewhere in /var the brightness value from a predetermined interface.
Elleni
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dantrell wrote:

Spargeltarzan wrote:
I don't know, what will happen, when Gentoo provides also Gnome openrc officially...

If you are asking about the project, I will continue maintaining it because the Gentoo GNOME team doesn't support multiple GNOME release versions (but understandably so).

simonvanderveldt wrote:

I saw that a while ago and all I have to say is that GNOME with elogind has been working as early as 2016 on GuixSD and Slackware. Those two were the only proof of concepts I needed to support GNOME with elogind on Gentoo.

I have also long since detailed my work (on both ConsoleKit and elogind) for anyone wanting to duplicate my efforts.

Official support would be nice but I leave that to the Gentoo GNOME team.

Dantrell, once again, thank you so much for your excellent job.

I would love to see you beeing part of the gentoo gnome team for gnome without the systemd stuff, merging your ebuilds & profiles to the main tree! However, I am sure, you know what you are doing and why :)
saboya
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Btw, I forgot to report this when it actually happened (because I was trying to get my machine up and running at work), and sorry for the lack of proper info, but:

When I was building my machine from scratch and installing gnome 3.28 from your overlay, I had to explicitly set +tiff on x11-libs/gdk-pixbuf, or some package woldn't build. I don't know which package was it, but I think there's a missing dependency somewhere.
dantrell
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shibotto wrote:
I believe this is actually systemd-backlight@.service, which is enabled by default (a habit systemd has a lot). Just like this service does, it should be trivial to create an OpenRC service which stores and loads somewhere in /var the brightness value from a predetermined interface.

This is also a possible solution.

Elleni wrote:
I would love to see you beeing part of the gentoo gnome team for gnome without the systemd stuff, merging your ebuilds & profiles to the main tree! However, I am sure, you know what you are doing and why :)

I elaborated a bit on that here and here.

And who knows what the future will bring. :wink:

saboya wrote:
Btw, I forgot to report this when it actually happened (because I was trying to get my machine up and running at work), and sorry for the lack of proper info, but:

When I was building my machine from scratch and installing gnome 3.28 from your overlay, I had to explicitly set +tiff on x11-libs/gdk-pixbuf, or some package woldn't build. I don't know which package was it, but I think there's a missing dependency somewhere.

The tiff USE flag is turned on globally in the extended profiles which is probably why this hasn't cropped up before.

I'd love to know what package this was exactly because I agree that there's a missing dependency somewhere.

I'll see if I can reproduce this while building GNOME 3.30.0 before deciding what to do.
Elleni
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had to ignore filecollisions in order to be able to emerge dev-libs/libdazzle-3.28.5::dantrell-gnome-3-28 when updating system. Thought, I should report this here just for information.
dantrell
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Elleni wrote:
I had to ignore filecollisions in order to be able to emerge dev-libs/libdazzle-3.28.5::dantrell-gnome-3-28 when updating system. Thought, I should report this here just for information.

This was my fault but to be fair the commit button was right next to the QA button.

There should be no additional vict—, er, affected users. :wink:

dantrell wrote:
Anyway... GNOME 3.30 incoming. :twisted:

In other news, the 2nd pass for GNOME 3.30.0 was completed.

Next is the heavy stuff. If (emphasis on if) I get to it today, an alpha release will be tied together with duct tape and available for testing within 24 hours. :twisted:
runningnak3d
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dantrell wrote:

Next is the heavy stuff. If (emphasis on if) I get to it today, an alpha release will be tied together with duct tape and available for testing within 24 hours. :twisted:

That is really awesome man. I have a box that is just itching to test it.

-- Brian
Shibotto
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dantrell wrote:

Next is the heavy stuff.

I can't wait to be disappointed about the so rumored performance improvements :lol: :lol:

As always thank you for you work and take all the time you need, we are not going anywhere :D ( :twisted: )
dantrell
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because of another post (and the curious in general) I'm interrupting our regular discourse to shed light on the how I duct tape new GNOME release versions together using the N° pass system (which some of you may recall me mentioning over the years).

1st Pass

My secret overlay toolkit becomes aware of the new GNOME release version.

This is when I start updating the profiles (primarily the masks).

Estimated Time of Completion (ETC): 1 hour, tops.

2nd Pass

My toolkit generates a preliminary overlay for the new GNOME release version.

This is where I start checking on shared packages and Gentoo design/implementation changes (e.g. the Gentoo Development Guide and EAPI 7).

ETC: 3 hours, tops.

3rd Pass

My toolkit generates a live overlay for the new GNOME release version.

This is where I account for packages which have become generic (or are no longer generic) and move them as needed.

This is also where I start checking on GNOME design/implementation changes (e.g. systemd and Meson).

I also sync all non-generic ebuilds against prior a GNOME release version (which is how ConsoleKit and/or elogind becomes integrated alongside my other personal design/implementation changes).

ETC: 6 hours, tops.

4th Pass

My secret Gentoo release building/environment tool spins up a sandbox for the new GNOME release version.

This is where I achieve clean emerge output and then begin building GNOME while updating critical dependencies and resolving build failures as needed. Use of this tool is also how I can work on and view all available GNOME release versions simultaneously.

My secret Gentoo LiveDVD generator then produces a bootable image where I make a final verification check using QEMU (although sometimes I use a live system).

This is then when the new GNOME release version becomes available to new vict—, er, other users. :twisted:

ETC: 12 hours, tops.

5th Pass

I forward-port any remaining Qualify of Life improvements and deal with any reported issues (prioritizing critical issues).

ETC: 24 hours, tops.

6th Pass et al.

This is where updates trickle in (especially security updates).

ETC: Long-term.

Peanut Gallery wrote:
Not so fast, why do you have so many secret tools?

This is why.

runningnak3d wrote:
That is really awesome man. I have a box that is just itching to test it.

Shibotto wrote:
As always thank you for you work and take all the time you need, we are not going anywhere :D ( :twisted: )

I'm currently on the 3rd pass and just might finish today if I don't get distracted. :wink:

Edit #1: I did get distracted for a couple days there but I put the work in and finished the 3rd pass.

Edit #2: The 4th pass is underway and I have achieved clean emerge output. Once I produce and verify a complete build we can all suffer together. :twisted:

Edit #3: I was particularly motivated so I finished the majority of both the 4th and 5th passes. I'm currently doing some final checks so expect an update shortly.

Edit #4: My work has now spilled over into the 6th pass (as what I have ready is GNOME 3.30.1) but it's failing the QEMU check so I'm sitting on it for a bit while I determine the cause.

Edit #5: To rule out QEMU I updated my workstation and unfortunately confirmed that the issue is still present. However, I have narrowed down the cause and will be reviewing code changes between GNOME 3.28 and 3.30.

In other news, the Gentoo GNOME team has started rolling out elogind support.

Edit #6: GNOME 3.30 now passes the QEMU check.
dantrell
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shibotto wrote:
I can't wait to be disappointed about the so rumored performance improvements :lol: :lol:

GNOME 3.30.1 (beta) is now available for testing. :twisted:

As is common nowadays, GNOME 3.30 defaults to an elogind implementation. If you are new, reference the official documentation to be apprised of changes in the installation process.

That said, just a few things:
  • ConsoleKit support for GNOME 3.24+ is still pending.

• Nautilus still can't thumbnail in a sandbox (for details see GNOME bug #792250) so the previous behaviour is still used.

• Meson and multilib is still a bit iffy in places.

• Meson. :roll:
Along the same vein, while my stress testing showed that everything built (for me at least), there may be a couple packages that don't quite run. I'll be dealing those as I get to them.

Elleni wrote:
Small issue on the combined profile, which exists only for me anyways :twisted:

Also as usual, since you are the mastermind behind the GNOME+Plasma profiles, just let me know when you want the profiles to be switched from GNOME 3.28 to GNOME 3.30.

That is, after someone other than me confirms that GNOME 3.30.1 builds. Unless you are feeling lucky. :twisted:
BuBuaBu
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got some issues during update from 3.28:

Code:
>>> Emerging (72 of 119) gnome-base/dconf-0.30.0::dantrell-gnome
 * dconf-0.30.0.tar.xz BLAKE2B SHA512 size ;-) ...                                                                                                                    [ ok ]
>>> Unpacking source...
>>> Unpacking dconf-0.30.0.tar.xz to /var/tmp/portage/gnome-base/dconf-0.30.0/work
>>> Source unpacked in /var/tmp/portage/gnome-base/dconf-0.30.0/work
>>> Preparing source in /var/tmp/portage/gnome-base/dconf-0.30.0/work/dconf-0.30.0 ...
 * Disabling deprecation warnings ...                                                                                                      [ ok ]
>>> Source prepared.
>>> Configuring source in /var/tmp/portage/gnome-base/dconf-0.30.0/work/dconf-0.30.0 ...
meson --buildtype plain --libdir lib64 --localstatedir /var/lib --prefix /usr --sysconfdir /etc --wrap-mode nodownload /var/tmp/portage/gnome-base/dconf-0.30.0/work/dconf-0.30.0 /var/tmp/portage/gnome-base/dconf-0.30.0/work/dconf-0.30.0-build
The Meson build system
Version: 0.47.1
Source dir: /var/tmp/portage/gnome-base/dconf-0.30.0/work/dconf-0.30.0
Build dir: /var/tmp/portage/gnome-base/dconf-0.30.0/work/dconf-0.30.0-build
Build type: native build
Project name: dconf
Project version: 0.30.0
Appending CFLAGS from environment: '-march=native -O2 -pipe'
Appending LDFLAGS from environment: '-Wl,-O1 -Wl,--as-needed'
Native C compiler: x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-gcc (gcc 7.3.0 "x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-gcc (Gentoo 7.3.0-r3 p1.4) 7.3.0")
Native Vala compiler: /usr/bin/valac-0.42 (valac 0.42.2)
Build machine cpu family: x86_64
Build machine cpu: x86_64
Found pkg-config: /usr/bin/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-pkg-config (0.29.2)
Native dependency gio-2.0 found: YES 2.58.1
Native dependency gio-unix-2.0 found: YES 2.58.1
Native dependency glib-2.0 found: YES 2.58.1
Native dependency dbus-1 found: YES 1.10.26
Native dependency vapigen found: YES 0.42.2

meson.build:56:2: ERROR:  Native dependency 'bash-completion' not found
dantrell
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BuBuaBu wrote:
I've got some issues during update from 3.28 [...]

I was able to reproduce and correct this issue.

Sync up and you should be good to go.
BuBuaBu
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was fast! Thank you.

Here is an other one:
Code:
>>> Emerging (14 of 40) net-misc/networkmanager-1.8.8::dantrell-gnome
 * NetworkManager-1.8.8.tar.xz BLAKE2B SHA512 size ;-) ...                                                                          [ ok ]
>>> Unpacking source...
>>> Unpacking NetworkManager-1.8.8.tar.xz to /var/tmp/portage/net-misc/networkmanager-1.8.8/work
>>> Source unpacked in /var/tmp/portage/net-misc/networkmanager-1.8.8/work
>>> Preparing source in /var/tmp/portage/net-misc/networkmanager-1.8.8/work/NetworkManager-1.8.8 ...
 * Applying networkmanager-1.8.8-do-not-create-settings-settings-property-documentation.patch ...
1 out of 2 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file Makefile.am.rej
1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file configure.ac.rej                                                                   [ !! ]
dantrell
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BuBuaBu wrote:
That was fast! Thank you.

On release days I try to be around to put out fires—, er, I mean provide support. :wink:

BuBuaBu wrote:
Here is an other one [...]

I was able to reproduce and correct this issue too.

But, for GNOME 3.30 I'm letting the NetworkManager 1.14 series in as the default and that wasn't reflected for stable so I have corrected that too.

Sync up and you should be good to go.
BuBuaBu
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

next one:
Code:
[ebuild     U  ] gnome-base/gnome-settings-daemon-3.30.1.1-r1::dantrell-gnome-3-30 [3.28.1-r2::dantrell-gnome-3-28] USE="cups elogind policykit udev wayland -debug -networkmanager -smartcard (-systemd) (-test) -vanilla-inactivity (-colord%*)" INPUT_DEVICES="(-wacom%)" 0 KiB

Code:
>>> Emerging (1 of 3) gnome-base/gnome-settings-daemon-3.30.1.1-r1::dantrell-gnome-3-30
 * Fetching files in the background.
 * To view fetch progress, run in another terminal:
 * tail -f /var/log/emerge-fetch.log
 * gnome-settings-daemon-3.30.1.1.tar.xz BLAKE2B SHA512 size ;-) ...                                                                 [ ok ]
>>> Unpacking source...
>>> Unpacking gnome-settings-daemon-3.30.1.1.tar.xz to /var/tmp/portage/gnome-base/gnome-settings-daemon-3.30.1.1-r1/work
>>> Source unpacked in /var/tmp/portage/gnome-base/gnome-settings-daemon-3.30.1.1-r1/work
>>> Preparing source in /var/tmp/portage/gnome-base/gnome-settings-daemon-3.30.1.1-r1/work/gnome-settings-daemon-3.30.1.1 ...
 * Applying gnome-settings-daemon-3.24.3-fix-without-gdkwayland.patch ...                                                            [ ok ]
 * Disabling deprecation warnings ...                                                                                                [ ok ]
>>> Source prepared.
>>> Configuring source in /var/tmp/portage/gnome-base/gnome-settings-daemon-3.30.1.1-r1/work/gnome-settings-daemon-3.30.1.1 ...
meson --buildtype plain --libdir lib64 --localstatedir /var/lib --prefix /usr --sysconfdir /etc --wrap-mode nodownload -D udev_dir=/lib/udev/rules.d -D alsa=true -D gudev=true -D cups=true -D network_manager=false -D rfkill=true -D smartcard=false -D wayland=true /var/tmp/portage/gnome-base/gnome-settings-daemon-3.30.1.1-r1/work/gnome-settings-daemon-3.30.1.1 /var/tmp/portage/gnome-base/gnome-settings-daemon-3.30.1.1-r1/work/gnome-settings-daemon-3.30.1.1-build
The Meson build system
Version: 0.47.1
Source dir: /var/tmp/portage/gnome-base/gnome-settings-daemon-3.30.1.1-r1/work/gnome-settings-daemon-3.30.1.1
Build dir: /var/tmp/portage/gnome-base/gnome-settings-daemon-3.30.1.1-r1/work/gnome-settings-daemon-3.30.1.1-build
Build type: native build
Project name: gnome-settings-daemon
Project version: 3.30.1.1
Appending CFLAGS from environment: '-march=native -O2 -pipe'
Native C compiler: x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-gcc (gcc 7.3.0 "x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-gcc (Gentoo 7.3.0-r3 p1.4) 7.3.0")
Build machine cpu family: x86_64
Build machine cpu: x86_64
meson.build:79: WARNING: Trying to compare values of different types (str, bool) using ==.
The result of this is undefined and will become a hard error in a future Meson release.
Found pkg-config: /usr/bin/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-pkg-config (0.29.2)
Native dependency colord found: YES 1.3.5
Native dependency geocode-glib-1.0 found: YES 3.26.0
Native dependency gio-2.0 found: YES 2.58.1
Native dependency gio-unix-2.0 found: YES 2.58.1
Native dependency gnome-desktop-3.0 found: YES 3.30.1
Native dependency gsettings-desktop-schemas found: YES 3.28.1
Native dependency gtk+-3.0 found: YES 3.24.1
Native dependency gtk+-x11-3.0 found: YES 3.24.1
Native dependency gweather-3.0 found: YES 3.28.2
Native dependency lcms2 found: YES 2.9
Native dependency libcanberra-gtk3 found: YES 0.30
Native dependency libgeoclue-2.0 found: YES 2.4.8
Native dependency libnotify found: YES 0.7.7
Native dependency libpulse-mainloop-glib found: YES 11.1
Native dependency pango found: YES 1.42.2
Native dependency polkit-gobject-1 found: YES 0.115
Native dependency upower-glib found: YES 0.99.8
Native dependency x11 found: YES 1.6.6
Native dependency xtst found: YES 1.2.3
Library m found: YES

|
|Executing subproject gvc
|
|Project name: gvc
|Project version: undefined
|Native C compiler: x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-gcc (gcc 7.3.0 "x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-gcc (Gentoo 7.3.0-r3 p1.4) 7.3.0")
|Native dependency gobject-2.0 found: YES 2.58.1
|Native dependency libpulse found: YES 11.1
|Native dependency alsa found: YES 1.1.2
|Configuring config.h using configuration
|Build targets in project: 2
|
|Subproject gvc finished.
Native dependency gudev-1.0 found: YES 232
Checking for function "timerfd_create" : YES
Native dependency wayland-client found: YES 1.15.0
Native dependency gdk-wayland-3.0 found: YES 3.24.1
Native dependency libwacom found: YES 0.30
Found cups-config: /usr/bin/cups-config (2.2.7)
Dependency cups found: YES
Has header "linux/rfkill.h": YES

meson.build:193:0: ERROR:  Assert failed: NetworkManager support is not optional on Linux platforms

I guess the networkmanager use flag should not exist.
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 4 of 16

Jump to: