View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next  
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jaglover
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 5:44 pm    Post subject: Quo vadis, UK? Reply with quote

One might think UK is the stronghold of western values and freedom. Wrong.

Linky

They need to learn from Stalin. He had secret laws nobody was supposed to know but everybody was expected to follow. You broke the secret law - you ended up in Siberia, even without knowing why. UK seems to head in same direction.
John-Boy
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's those hate laws again, jb sighs - if this country were worth fighting for i'd probably be incensed.

On a side note there was a formal discussion at work regarding racism the other day, it looks like positive discrimination is being adopted during the interview process - or as I like to call it flat out discrimination.

Sometimes I think I've stepped into the twilight zone.
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We've had it here for years. They give Orwellian names like "Equal Opportunity" (which it explicitly is not).
Muso
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is very sad for me. Some of my favorite people in the world are Britons. On these very forums there is Naib, John Boy, and Cokey, and their government is taking the Salafist tallywhacker deep down its throat while cupping the balls as it drinks all if the propaganda down. Then it acts as an enforcer of the bronze age morality while chucking thoughtful Britons in prison for the crime of OBSERVING REALITY FROM A PUBLIC SPACE.

Revolt... now.

Kindness Evokes Kindness

Peace Emits Positive Energy
John-Boy
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bones McCracker wrote:
We've had it here for years. They give Orwellian names like "Equal Opportunity" (which it explicitly is not).

Talking about 1984, I've said it a number of times before - but whenever I post here (and elsewhere, I am seeing other forums too) there's always a bit of hesitancy as to how what I'm posting could be construed.

It's nonsense of course, but I can't help thinking that with data mining - could somebody connect me (real life) and JB, and then me/old JB ends up with hate legislation up the arse (so to speak).
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They'll put you on the blacklist. Have you ever read The Trial by Franz Kafka?
cokey
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The EDL are no different from these paedophiles and traffickers. Lock them all up.
Naib
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is the thing... He was on parole so immediately his "Rights" (for what they are worth here) are further restricted. ANY excuse to lock those on parole up again will be used. His ass is owned by the legal system on the basis he lost the previous cases

NOW for this? why not for this individual.

HOWEVER the gagging order put in place to suppress the press. Disgusting. What this asian gangs did was racist and disgusting and enabled by their communities. Those that speak up about such crimes are labeled racists (because we all know, assign a label you can then attack the label)
Yamakuzure
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The question is what kind of reporting is done after the trials. Reporting too enthusiastic during the trials can lead to massive violence up to lynch law.
And if it weren't only that, journalists who are only seeking their own gain, might go for the children. And they have already endured a multitude of what a human being shouldn't endure in their whole life-time.

Robinson only went for his own ego. But the article tries to paint him like he was a martyr of the free word. Considering that Robinson is a "former head of the English Defense League and a longtime activist against Islam and Islamic migration", which means that he is an outspoken racist, I can not feel sympathy for him...

I don't say what the British Executive did was okay, though.

However, there was no "secret law". "The order bans reporters from reporting on a case if there is reason to believe the reporting could prejudice a trial. The order prevents reporting until the conclusion of the trial.".

A fair trial is a figurehead for a constitutional state. Trying to make sure a trial, no matter against whom, stays "fair" (whatever that means), is nothing I'd easily condemn.
Jaglover
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Considering that Robinson is a "former head of the English Defense League and a longtime activist against Islam and Islamic migration", which means that he is an outspoken racist

Political correctness beats the truth. I see. BTW, activism against Christianity is OK in UK. What a hypocrites.

Sorry, I can't take seriously folks who think political correctness is something we need.
Old School
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yamakuzure wrote:
Robinson only went for his own ego. But the article tries to paint him like he was a martyr of the free word. Considering that Robinson is a "former head of the English Defense League and a longtime activist against Islam and Islamic migration", which means that he is an outspoken racist, I can not feel sympathy for him...

Ahh, if one criticizes Islam, one is a racist. That is one fucked up position.

Fucking PC liberals, and their war on speech.
Old School
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yamakuzure wrote:
However, there was no "secret law". "The order bans reporters from reporting on a case if there is reason to believe the reporting could prejudice a trial. The order prevents reporting until the conclusion of the trial.".

A fair trial is a figurehead for a constitutional state. Trying to make sure a trial, no matter against whom, stays "fair" (whatever that means), is nothing I'd easily condemn.
Trials are held all the time after previous reporting. Murder trials, rape trials, spy trials, you name it. Your argument does not hold water.

Try again.
Jaglover
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Naib

Do I understand correctly you say since he was already once convicted for siding with the truth then it is OK to convict him second time for same "offense"?
Naib
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaglover wrote:
@Naib

Do I understand correctly you say since he was already once convicted for siding with the truth then it is OK to convict him second time for same "offense"?
strawman...

Did I say that? What I said is he was on parole and as a result it is VERY easy to put him back in prison on the most trivial thing so from the judicial process why not this ?

However... a gagging order has been put on the press simple to silence a disgusting case of failed multiculturalism (we can't have people complaining about the failed implementation of Kalergi cultural genocide which the EU has been implementing and AWARDING for decades... awarded are given every year... Blair has one, Merkel has one, Macron ... . read up on Kalergi plan... ).
Everything indicates there was no "disturbing the peace" by Robinson or anyone else raising awareness to the case but that doesn't change the fact the judicial service are making use of it and as someone on parole it doesn't take much to lock them back up.
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cokey wrote:
The EDL are no different from these paedophiles and traffickers. Lock them all up.

Some people still haven't got the memo about the failure of multiculturalism. Some people, their brain crystallizes with what they knew when they were about 27, and they never grow, mature, or learn anything at all beyond that.
Naib
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right so he was "arrested" for disturbing the peace but he has been charged with prejudicing

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leeds-44287640

Disturbing the peace appears to be the means to get him arrested there and then (however flimsy), this prejudicing might make more sense *IF* he really did jepordise an ongoing courtcase (he was aware of) this might start to make sense...
patrix_neo
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They didn't mention the protestors were in the thousands.
It's spread world wide as well. zerohedge
Even a group in Israel was seen outside the British embassy.
Naib
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

patrix_neo wrote:
THe BBC wouldn't

That said the gagging order has been lifted once Robinson was arrested so there is more to this then is being reported... What does he know, what is his involvement in this court case meaning he has been charged with prejudicing an ongoing court case WHILE on a suspended sentence for contempt of court. That would explain the gagging order and violation of his parole... It doesn't explain why "disturbing the peace" was used to initially arrest him.

More to this than the MSM is reporting and this got people around the world worked up :lol: :lol: :lol:
cokey
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He has been jailed for contempt of court and trying to prejudice a court case and it is his second time. Hence jail. No problems with any of this so far.

Quote:
Contempt of court is the crime of ignoring the court and its constitutional role in making sure that justice is done.

Robinson was convicted of contempt for interfering with a trial in Canterbury.

His attempts to film defendants on that occasion could, the judge said, have "prejudiced" the jury, leading to an unfair verdict - and he was warned he'd go to jail if he did anything remotely similar again.

Why couldn't we initially report Robinson's arrest and jailing? Reporting restrictions are a long-standing part of the British legal system. In this case, the judge ordered a temporary media black-out because he feared reporting Robinson's conviction could influence the jury in the very case Robinson was targeting.

This is not some new form of censorship directed at Robinson. These are rules that apply to us all, equally. If he is unsure about that, he's now got time on his hands to read a copy of Essential Law for Journalists.

patrix_neo
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Naib wrote:
patrix_neo wrote:
THe BBC wouldn't

That said the gagging order has been lifted once Robinson was arrested so there is more to this then is being reported... What does he know, what is his involvement in this court case meaning he has been charged with prejudicing an ongoing court case WHILE on a suspended sentence for contempt of court. That would explain the gagging order and violation of his parole... It doesn't explain why "disturbing the peace" was used to initially arrest him.

That's what has been reported from live videofeeds when he gets arrested too. He did just record with his phone, I think. I guess showing up at the court was enough to charge him with 'contempt of court'. It's bizarre to me.

Quote:

More to this than the MSM is reporting and this got people around the world worked up :lol: :lol: :lol:

Here it's been dead silent in the MSM. With the protests seen, we seem to be entering some interesting times...
Naib
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

patrix_neo wrote:
Naib wrote:
patrix_neo wrote:
THe BBC wouldn't

That's what has been reported from live videofeeds when he gets arrested too. He did just record with his phone, I think. I guess showing up at the court was enough to charge him with 'contempt of court'. It's bizarre to me.
Except he was charged with contempt of court in may 2017 and was handed a suspended sentence. He violated that in may 2018 and thus failed to fulfil the conditions of the suspended sentence and thus was incarcerated based upon the original conviction from may 2017.

You are mixing events here...

The real question is why the media blackout surrounding this case? that's what the judge ordered in an attempt to ensure there was no prejudicing a court case ... I would hope the judge initiate this to ensure this case actually has the correct verdict (ie guilty on all charges).

https://www.cps.gov.uk/legal-guidance/contempt-court-reporting-restrictions-and-restrictions-public-access-hearings#a13

Seems quite reasonable doesn't it? ensure the reporting is done in such a way that doesn't influence the outcome of a court case. Now Robinson was found guilty of violating this last year and technically should be in prison, he did it again SUURE not a serious but still he did?

and "just recorded" that wasn't why he was arrested and the original suspended sentence enacted:

Quote:
She also warned Robinson that any future violations would land him behind bars. "In short, Mr. Yaxley-Lennon, turn up at another court, refer to people as 'Muslim pedophiles, Muslim rapists' and so on and so forth while trials are ongoing and before there has been a finding by a jury that that is what they are, and you will find yourself inside," the judge told Robinson. "Do you understand?"

https://www.buzzfeed.com/ishmaeldaro/tommy-robinson-arrest?utm_term=.sy3eDebjn#.ah66168qN
Are they muslims? yes
Are they pedophiles? yes
Are they rapists? yes

BUT they deserve a fair trial... It was already going to be hard enough to find a jury that wasn't overly influenced by the media about this over the last 5years. Is this also needed at the moment the case is happening? The timing and location while being convicted of this is the issue. Remove any one of these these three and it would more than likely have been ok.

a slight world of difference between just recording wouldn't you agree? by someone who is actually guilty of this?

Now had some random person and they were also arrested and imprisoned (although they couldn't be imprisoned for contempt unless they were already found guilty for contempt ;) ) I would agree, BUT with the gag order lifted that was put in place to ensure the main court case proceeded so the true course of events can be reported, a convict (he is as he is on a suspended sentence) violated the terms of his suspended sentence, meanwhile the media is allowed to report on this.
So... where is the issue?
patrix_neo
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Naib wrote:
patrix_neo wrote:
Naib wrote:
patrix_neo wrote:
THe BBC wouldn't

Except he was charged with contempt of court in may 2017 and was handed a suspended sentence. He violated that in may 2018 and thus failed to fulfil the conditions of the suspended sentence and thus was incarcerated based upon the original conviction from may 2017.

You are mixing events here...

The real question is why the media blackout surrounding this case? that's what the judge ordered in an attempt to ensure there was no prejudicing a court case ... I would hope the judge initiate this to ensure this case actually has the correct verdict (ie guilty on all charges).

https://www.cps.gov.uk/legal-guidance/contempt-court-reporting-restrictions-and-restrictions-public-access-hearings#a13

Seems quite reasonable doesn't it? ensure the reporting is done in such a way that doesn't influence the outcome of a court case. Now Robinson was found guilty of violating this last year and technically should be in prison, he did it again SUURE not a serious but still he did?

and "just recorded" that wasn't why he was arrested and the original suspended sentence enacted:

Quote:
She also warned Robinson that any future violations would land him behind bars. "In short, Mr. Yaxley-Lennon, turn up at another court, refer to people as 'Muslim pedophiles, Muslim rapists' and so on and so forth while trials are ongoing and before there has been a finding by a jury that that is what they are, and you will find yourself inside," the judge told Robinson. "Do you understand?"

https://www.buzzfeed.com/ishmaeldaro/tommy-robinson-arrest?utm_term=.sy3eDebjn#.ah66168qN
Are they muslims? yes
Are they pedophiles? yes
Are they rapists? yes

BUT they deserve a fair trial... It was already going to be hard enough to find a jury that wasn't overly influenced by the media about this over the last 5years. Is this also needed at the moment the case is happening? The timing and location while being convicted of this is the issue. Remove any one of these these three and it would more than likely have been ok.

a slight world of difference between just recording wouldn't you agree? by someone who is actually guilty of this?

Now had some random person and they were also arrested and imprisoned (although they couldn't be imprisoned for contempt unless they were already found guilty for contempt ;) ) I would agree, BUT with the gag order lifted that was put in place to ensure the main court case proceeded so the true course of events can be reported, a convict (he is as he is on a suspended sentence) violated the terms of his suspended sentence, meanwhile the media is allowed to report on this.
So... where is the issue?

Actually, no. I do not mix things up. I know about the ruling against him pre this event (the video feed mentioned). I take that on me, not extract my post enough.
In this case, which I still cannot see him reporting anything. He held his phone for recording. Didn't say/ask shit.
He was on suspension for what? 3 months more, I think. Now he got 10 months more and the three months added in jail time for showing up without even reporting anything. Just recording, for later publishing. That Section 4(2) need a scrub. Using very schablon like statements to use when the judge feels like using it? Pretty sick AF. At least abused this time. I can only see him unjustly accused this time.
And what about freedom of press?

Not only that, he got some nice muslim gangs waiting for him there. I bet he's dead before those 13 months are due next year in july.
Muslim Prison gangs
Ok, if that reporting was correct, I detract from my statement of not saying/asking anything. It's been so much misinformation, I don't even know to trust buzzfeed even

Edited parts
Naib
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He was reporting as he was LIVE broadcasting to Facebook. He wasn't just recording to transmit at a later date/time. This media "gagging" exists for pretty much all criminal cases and exist. It means such reporting is POSTPONED to ensure such cases do not collapse. In the past they have that is why this exists.
o'bogamol
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cokey wrote:
He has been jailed for contempt of court and trying to prejudice a court case and it is his second time. Hence jail. No problems with any of this so far.

Quote:
Contempt of court is the crime of ignoring the court and its constitutional role in making sure that justice is done.

Robinson was convicted of contempt for interfering with a trial in Canterbury.

His attempts to film defendants on that occasion could, the judge said, have "prejudiced" the jury, leading to an unfair verdict - and he was warned he'd go to jail if he did anything remotely similar again.

Why couldn't we initially report Robinson's arrest and jailing? Reporting restrictions are a long-standing part of the British legal system. In this case, the judge ordered a temporary media black-out because he feared reporting Robinson's conviction could influence the jury in the very case Robinson was targeting.

This is not some new form of censorship directed at Robinson. These are rules that apply to us all, equally. If he is unsure about that, he's now got time on his hands to read a copy of Essential Law for Journalists.

Hold on, do you have a constitution or don't you?
Muso
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.theweek.co.uk/uk-news/62397/councillors-and-police-had-sex-with-rotherham-abuse-victims

Also, This is for the Britons

Kindness Evokes Kindness

Peace Emits Positive Energy
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: