world update blocked by no ebuild for mariadb
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
erg_samowzbudnik
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 7:39 am    Post subject: world update blocked by no ebuild for mariadb Reply with quote

Hi,

attempting to update world turned into an entangled mess with blockers mariadb and mysql now reduced to this error message:

Code:
emerge: there are no ebuilds to satisfy "=dev-db/mariadb-10.1*[embedded,server]".

What gives?

trying to emerge mariadb gives me that error (which does not change when I amend package.use with +(-)embedded for mariadb and mysql):
Code:

These are the packages that would be merged, in order:

Calculating dependencies... done!
[ebuild  N    ~] dev-db/mariadb-10.1.33  USE="backup openssl perl server xml -bindist -cracklib -debug (-embedded) -extraengine -galera -innodb-lz4 -innodb-lzo -innodb-snappy -jdbc -jemalloc -kerberos -latin1 -libressl -mroonga -numa -odbc -oqgraph -pam -profiling (-selinux) -sphinx -sst-mariabackup -sst-rsync -sst-xtrabackup -static -static-libs -systemd -systemtap -tcmalloc {-test} -tokudb -yassl" ABI_X86="(64) -32 (-x32)"
[ebuild     U  ] virtual/mysql-5.6-r12 [5.6-r9] USE="(-embedded*)"

!!! Multiple package instances within a single package slot have been pulled
!!! into the dependency graph, resulting in a slot conflict:

virtual/mysql:0

(virtual/mysql-5.6-r12:0/18::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge) pulled in by
    ~virtual/mysql-5.6[embedded=,static=] required by (dev-db/mariadb-10.1.33:0/18::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge)
                       ^^^^^^^^^

(virtual/mysql-5.6-r9:0/18::gentoo, installed) pulled in by
    >=virtual/mysql-5.1[embedded] required by (media-sound/amarok-2.8.90-r5:4/4::gentoo, installed)
                        ^^^^^^^^

It might be possible to solve this slot collision
by applying all of the following changes:
   - virtual/mysql-5.6-r12 (Change USE: +embedded)
   - dev-db/mariadb-10.1.33 (Change USE: +embedded)

[Moderator edit: added [code] tags to preserve output layout. -Hu]
krinn
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your profile is setting (-embedded) so first thing first ; you should really think using embedded is not an option.
But virtual/mysql is showing (-embedded*), which mean (the star) that it wasn't set like that before
So you have switch to a profile that blacklist embedded ; not really a good news for amarok then.

for mariadb, you should avoid mixing stable/unstable, my virtual/mysql and mariadb do use a server useflag, making them both happy to be together, while yours lack that server useflag.
Code:
[ebuild  N     ] dev-db/mariadb-10.3.5_rc:0/18::gentoo  USE="backup pam perl server -bindist (-client-libs) -cracklib -debug -extraengine -galera -innodb-lz4 -innodb-lzo -innodb-snappy -jdbc -jemalloc -kerberos -latin1 -libressl -mroonga -numa -odbc -oqgraph -profiling -rocksdb (-selinux) -sphinx -sst-mariabackup -sst-rsync -sst-xtrabackup -static -static-libs -systemd -systemtap -tcmalloc {-test} -tokudb -xml -yassl" ABI_X86="32 (64) (-x32)" 69 594 KiB
[ebuild  N     ] virtual/mysql-5.6-r11:0/18::gentoo  USE="server (-embedded) -static" 0 KiB

And in my system, there's no amarok ebuild (anymore). Another bad news for your amarok :)
erg_samowzbudnik
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for that explanation, those portage error messages remain confusing for me

why would that be though? I've used amarok for a while and had virtual/mysql and mariadb with USE="embedded" set in package.use, why is portage complaining now?
I haven't switched profiles recently neither. Is there a way to sort it out so that I keep my amarok?

thanks
asturm
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

amarok as of today (only left as 9999 version in kde overlay) provides USE=embedded. But mysqle is going away, and amarok will have to drop this option. So switch off amarok[embedded] and configure your mariadb amarok instance manually.

Upstream is aware of the problem and will hopefully port away to sqlite in the future...
erg_samowzbudnik
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was oblivious to the amarok affair, what a shame. That sorted it out, thanks a ton.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: