Hit a problem with my selected profile during overlay build
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LIsLinuxIsSogood
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 12:07 am    Post subject: Hit a problem with my selected profile during overlay build Reply with quote

Wondering if there is a solution to this problem that doesn't involve switching profiles, since I know that the ebuild probably requires it, I am going to remove and try with another overlay that is available for the program. But is there harm in switching profiles back and forth just to install a single group of package? Seems risky

https://paste.pound-python.org/show/HKeArHIODySmDC7BniNd/
Emerge info for package (dev-libs/dee from overlay)

Build log: https://paste.pound-python.org/show/EF5iXiHRi4lDbdYie0c3/

Help...I would like to be able to think that this dependency on profile is a mistake of the ebuild designer, but don't know that I am right to assume that since installations of gentoo usually need to have a profile on it
Thanks!
Tony0945
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I looked up this package and its purpose almost made me toss my cookies.
Nevertheless, if you want assistance polluting your computer, I'll try to help.

Please provide a pastebin of the ebuild or a link to the ebuild in the overlay you are using. I can always fumigate my computer afterward. And maybe give it a shot of penicillin.

My remarks above notwithstanding, I'm serious looking for a copy of the ebuild you are trying to emerge.
Hu

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The build log claims a repository URL of https://github.com/shiznix/unity-gentoo, and browsing that does show an ebuild and associated eclass that are consistent with his output. I didn't spend long looking at the eclass code before I decided that the repository is so bizarre that it should be avoided entirely.
LIsLinuxIsSogood
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Certainly not going to keep this or any other package pulled in because of the comments and i would rather keep my system running clean and smoothly. The purpose was to test a new panel, which i did get working by the way using a different overlay of course. The risk of overlays being junkie crap is now duly noted.
Tony0945
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hu wrote:
The build log claims a repository URL of https://github.com/shiznix/unity-gentoo, and browsing that does show an ebuild and associated eclass that are consistent with his output. I didn't spend long looking at the eclass code before I decided that the repository is so bizarre that it should be avoided entirely.

I was rather tired and didn't see the rebuild in the overlay when I checked it out. Usually, in my experience, the ebuild(s) are easy to find, even in unofficial overlays. I'm most willing to accept your conclusion. I never heard of an ebuild directly dependent on a profile rather than a profiles elements before.

LIsLinuxIsSogood, glad you found an acceptable alternate overlay. Overlays, even official ones, vary in quality.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: