Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10, 11, 12  Next  
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall
View previous topic :: View next topic  
richk449
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pjp wrote:
How is it in the interest of employees that future workers, potentially only contractors, not be US citizens?

Seems pretty obvious - if the company hires workers that will do the same work for less, then they will be more successful, increasing profits and stock price, all of which will benefit the employees already at the company.
Old School
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Until they too are replaced by foreign workers.

It just keeps getting better
pjp
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

richk449 wrote:
pjp wrote:
How is it in the interest of employees that future workers, potentially only contractors, not be US citizens?

Seems pretty obvious - if the company hires workers that will do the same work for less, then they will be more successful, increasing profits and stock price, all of which will benefit the employees already at the company.
:lol: :lol:

Yeah, obvious. If a minor amount of wage difference is that important, they're dead in the water.
cokey
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hear that Trump is now going to put solar panels on the non-existent wall. So that's $20 billion for the wall, $20 billion for the solar panels and $20 billion in infrastructure to take the electricity away... All before people steal them.

All you people who believe in his soundbites should be ashamed. And that's what he is: a soundbite machine and you believe it even when it turns out to be shit
wswartzendruber
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Curious, I could swear my paycheck got noticeably larger in February.
Ammunition: Federal Premium HST 124gr
Light: Inforce APLc
richk449
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pjp wrote:
richk449 wrote:
pjp wrote:

:lol: :lol:

Yeah, obvious. If a minor amount of wage difference is that important, they're dead in the water.

So the wage gap between an American and a foreign worker is only a minor difference?
richk449
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Old School wrote:

Fair enough. Strong employees at a strong companies who expect to be promoted would want their company to hire the best, regardless of origin. The weak employees who are worried about being fired should hope that the pool of available workers is limited as much as possible so they can cling to their jobs.
Old School
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

richk449 wrote:
Old School wrote:

Fair enough. Strong employees at a strong companies who expect to be promoted would want their company to hire the best, regardless of origin. The weak employees who are worried about being fired should hope that the pool of available workers is limited as much as possible so they can cling to their jobs.
Or a company can hire foreign workers of equal skill to native Americans workers, make the existing workers train their replacements under penalty of losing any severance if they refuse, all the while paying the replacements less. That is exactly what Disney did.

sugar
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Old School wrote:
richk449 wrote:
Old School wrote:

Or a company can hire foreign workers of equal skill to native Americans workers, make the existing workers train their replacements under penalty of losing any severance if they refuse, all the while paying the replacements less. That is exactly what Disney did.

it's called the free market. You may have heard of it before. You're fighting for the social good. That the native americans deserve these jobs when the marketplace is telling them that they need to retrain.
sugar
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
REPORTER: Did you want President Trump to win the election and did you direct any of your officials to help him do that?

PUTIN: Yes, I did. Yes, I did.

cokey
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
There has been a barrage of criticism in the US after President Donald Trump defended Russia over claims of interference in the 2016 elections.

At a summit with Russian President Vladimir Putin in Finland, Mr Trump contradicted US intelligence agencies, saying Russia had no reason to meddle.

The top Republican in Congress, House Speaker Paul Ryan, said Mr Trump must see that "Russia is not our ally".

The president's own intelligence chief publicly broke with him.

Russia is responsible for "ongoing, pervasive attempts" to undermine US democracy, Director of National Intelligence Dan Coats said in a statement.
Quote:
In a strongly worded statement, Mr Ryan said: "There is no moral equivalence between the United States and Russia, which remains hostile to our most basic values and ideals.

He added that there was "no question" Moscow had interfered in the 2016 election.

Senator John McCain, a key member of the Senate Armed Services Committee, said it was a "disgraceful performance".

"No prior president has ever abased himself more abjectly before a tyrant," Mr McCain said in a statement.

Another senior Republican, Sen Lindsey Graham, also a member of the Senate Armed Services Committee, tweeted that it was a "missed opportunity... to firmly hold Russia accountable for 2016 meddling".
Quote:
Former CIA director John Brennan said Mr Trump's news conference "was nothing short of treasonous".

"Not only were Trump's comments imbecilic, he is wholly in the pocket of Putin. Republican Patriots: Where are you???" he tweeted.

Meanwhile, Vice-President Mike Pence defended the summit and praised President Trump.

Why is he going against his own people?
cokey
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Russian woman charged with spying for Moscow by 'infiltrating' NRA
zixnub
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cokey wrote:

Fake news & witch hunt. US justice department is part of the deep state.
notageek
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess we're ignoring this
Old School
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trump throws the US under the bus.

cokey
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't understand why Trump would do this, it goes against everything American. He's bowing to a foreign power, he's ignoring America, he's ignoring common sense and he's showing the world that he thinks the US is not as good as Russia.

The US doesn't need Russia, the US and Trump should be laughing at Putin and Russia. The US needs China but he has declared a trade war with them. It just doesn't make any sense! Seriously think about the two situations, why is he treating Putin preferentially with no upside but treating China with a trade war which can only hurt the US?
Naib
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cokey wrote:
I don't understand why Trump would do this, it goes against everything American. He's bowing to a foreign power, he's ignoring America, he's ignoring common sense and he's showing the world that he thinks the US is not as good as Russia.

The US doesn't need Russia, the US and Trump should be laughing at Putin and Russia. The US needs China but he has declared a trade war with them. It just doesn't make any sense! Seriously think about the two situations, why is he treating Putin preferentially with no upside but treating China with a trade war which can only hurt the US?

For starters no evidence has been provided and in fane Russian is challenging.
Second the investigation was about collision between trump and Russia... Nothing was found and to save face throw accusations at Russians

Finally my take on the trump meeting... His enemy is the US deep state and Obama and the best way to undermine them is to counter their statement because at the moment that's all it is a statement, no facts no evidence
notageek
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Enough with the "deep state" nonsense. Trump is the president, if he doesn't have full control over the state then he should resign. Colluding with Putin makes him look weak.

Look at him, fawning over Putin and did we forget Kim summit?

He insults allies and sides with enemies? What is he doing next, inaugurating a Ho-Chi-Minn statue in Hanoi?
cokey
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zixnub wrote:
cokey wrote:

Fake news & witch hunt. US justice department is part of the deep state.
Yup, it appears the CIA, FBI, NSA, Justice Department, Police, bin men and the people that serve at Wendy's are all in on it and Trump and his supporters are the only ones who can "see" it.
Old School
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cokey wrote:

Please be specific. What has Trump done to counter everything American, ignored America, showed America inferior to Russia. Specifics please. I've showed a specific example of Obama subservient to Putin Here is Obama bowing to foreign leaders, something you accused Trump of doing. Please answer with specifics, and not a bunch of CNN talking points.

zixnub
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FrankCCCP wrote:
WHERE IS THE PROOF?!!

pjp
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Old School wrote:
Trump throws the US under the bus.
Rand Paul sides with Trump over US intel

lol @ Wolf. I suppose I shouldn't be surprised he's still employed, especially by CNN. I don't think The Left has demonstrated this much nationalism* for a very long time (*ignoring how blatantly disingenuous it is).
cokey
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Old School wrote:
cokey wrote:

Please be specific. What has Trump done to counter everything American, ignored America, showed America inferior to Russia. Specifics please. I've showed a specific example of Obama subservient to Putin Here is Obama bowing to foreign leaders, something you accused Trump of doing. Please answer with specifics, and not a bunch of CNN talking points.
Not bowing literally :roll:

Failing to denounce Russian meddling in the US presidential election.
Failing to denounce Putin THE DAY a Russian woman was convicted for spying on the US.
Quote:
“In the entire history of our country, Americans have never seen a president of the United States support an American adversary the way President Trump has supported President Putin,” Senate minority leader Chuck Schumer said in a statement. “For the president of the United States to side with President Putin against American law enforcement, American defense officials, and American intelligence agencies is thoughtless, dangerous and weak. The president is putting himself over our country.”

Those two above is proof of him kowtowing to his Russian master while giving the good old US of A a kick in the knackers. Very un-american.

Or I could be wrong and that being subservient to a Russian master and having to bend over while he fucks you is American. If so I am sorry for being wrong. :?

But seriously, if you don't believe me Paul Ryan and Newt Gingrich called Trump’s behavior the “most serious mistake of his presidency
Old School
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where have you gone wrong... let me count the ways.

You said bowing, and I gave you two litteral examples. Embarrassing for you, huh. I know you really believe Obama was a crappy President, yet even those pictures must embarrass a Brit, let alone an American.
Maria Butina, has been accused of spying for Russia, not convicted as you stated. Unlike Obama, who had 2 Americans, 1 of which was 16 years old, killed in a drone strike without any Constitutional due process, I think one should not condemn a person before they even have a trial.
Trump has denounced all countries meddling in our elections. Unlike Obama, who did meddle in the Israeli elections, and had most allies phones tapped, I think Trump has been a breath of fresh air.
Chuck Schumer? Chuck Schumer? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Your arguments fail, plus I have showed you that Obama was the one guilty of everything you accuse of Trump. Also very interesting that you side with the war mongering neocons. After all, their track record over the last few decades is not that great. Sad.

Thanks. :wink:

sugar
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Old School wrote:
cokey wrote:

Putin admitted to meddling, and Trump was given the opportunity to denounce it, and he chose not to. Instead, he talked about how much he won the election by, and Hillary's emails. And what a good job Russia did with the World Cup.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 6 of 12

Jump to: