Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
Mr. T.: Trolling
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2  
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo Forums Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
khayyam
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. T. wrote:
@khayyam: we disagree about the subject because "exchange spaces" (forums, blogs, etc.) are exploited to make the documentation (Gentoo Wiki).

Mr. T. ... you're not making any sense, any number of sources might end up on the wiki, but the advice given was accurate none the less ... even though you've said it's "wrong". So, what should have been said ... that there are no methods that exist to select and re-merge "live" packages? That is obviously false, because I use the command I provided, and have no problem doing so. Others use smart-live-rebuild, and I assume suffer no negative effects of doing so. This leads me to ask: what criteria are you using for judging if something is suitable for the forum, or wiki, because it seems that this criteria depends on currently non-implemented correctness (or worse, abstract absolutism).

Mr. T. wrote:
You will agree (I hope wholeheartedly) that despite our disagreements (of principles) the conversation is successful: I expressed myself and I provided an explanation.

Actually I don't agree ... I don't understand where you're coming from at all.

Mr. T. wrote:
In addition, I am pleased to have had the opportunity (the right) to exchange on the forum despite some difficult written passages to accept.

You understand that 'rights' imply 'duties/responsibilities'?

best ... khay
Mr. T.
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@John R. Graham: I honestly said what I thought; close my account if you wish, I could not do anything.

@khayyam: I did not say that, you go astray. I was advised to justify myself, to explain: that's what I did!

The discussion is over, I have fulfilled my function of messenger. I do not expect anything from you, I do not expect anything from you, I will respect my decision and continue my learning alone.
John R. Graham
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Enough said on this one. Locked.

- John
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo Forums Feedback All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: