Scanning problems (EPSON Stylus SX230)
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Kernel & Hardware
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Windmill
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:10 am    Post subject: Scanning problems (EPSON Stylus SX230) Reply with quote

Hi, I installed sane but I have trouble making scan working with my Epson Stylus SX230. I have this with sane-find-scanner (I tried running as root too)
Code:

# sane-find-scanner will now attempt to detect your scanner. If the                                                                                                                         
  # result is different from what you expected, first make sure your                                                                                                                         
  # scanner is powered up and properly connected to your computer.                                                                                                                           

# No SCSI scanners found. If you expected something different, make sure that                                                                                                               
  # you have loaded a kernel SCSI driver for your SCSI adapter.                                                                                                                               

could not fetch string descriptor: Pipe error                                                                                                                                                 
found USB scanner (vendor=0x04b8, product=0x0881) at libusb:002:004                                                                                                                           
  # Your USB scanner was (probably) detected. It may or may not be supported by                                                                                                               
  # SANE. Try scanimage -L and read the backend's manpage.                                                                                                                                   

# Not checking for parallel port scanners.                                                                                                                                                 

# Most Scanners connected to the parallel port or other proprietary ports                                                                                                                   
  # can't be detected by this program.   

but scanimage -L gives me this
Code:
No scanners were identified. If you were expecting something different,                                                                                                                       
check that the scanner is plugged in, turned on and detected by the                                                                                                                           
sane-find-scanner tool (if appropriate). Please read the documentation                                                                                                                       
which came with this software (README, FAQ, manpages). 

If I try to scan from Libreoffice, I get an ugly black and white image
Windmill
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, the problem was that libreoffice scanning was in conflict with sane, that's why it couldn't find any device. Also, to get an image with colors I had to select the option from xsane (there is no option in libreoffice). It was a stupid problem, really
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Kernel & Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: