Slot conflicts related to qt
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheMachinesTeacher
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 5:19 pm    Post subject: Slot conflicts related to qt Reply with quote

I am trying to update my system with emerge -avuUD @world and I am getting quite a few conflicts. 3 of them are related to qt, and 2 are related to boost. The handbook recommends installing the latest version of the conflicting package to solve the problem, but as far as I can tell, I have the latest version of everything that is conflicting. There is also an error about there being no ebuilds to satisfy emerging jdk-bin:9, but I think I can solve that one.

Below is what emerge outputs when I try to update:
Code:

These are the packages that would be merged, in order:

Calculating dependencies... done!

!!! Multiple package instances within a single package slot have been pulled
!!! into the dependency graph, resulting in a slot conflict:

dev-qt/qtcore:5

(dev-qt/qtcore-5.9.4-r2:5/5.9::gentoo, installed) pulled in by
    ~dev-qt/qtcore-5.9.4 required by (dev-qt/qtpaths-5.9.4:5/5.9::gentoo, installed)
    ^              ^^^^^                                                                                                                   
    >=dev-qt/qtcore-5.9.4-r1:5/5.9 required by (dev-qt/qtsvg-5.9.4-r2:5/5.9::gentoo, installed)
    ^^              ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^                                                                                                                                       
    (and 31 more with the same problems)

(dev-qt/qtcore-5.7.1-r4:5/5.7::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge) pulled in by
    ~dev-qt/qtcore-5.7.1 required by (dev-qt/qtdbus-5.7.1:5/5.7::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge)
    ^              ^^^^^                                                                                                                                   
    (and 1 more with the same problem)

dev-qt/qtdbus:5

(dev-qt/qtdbus-5.9.4:5/5.9::gentoo, installed) pulled in by
    ~dev-qt/qtdbus-5.9.4 required by (dev-qt/qtgui-5.9.4-r3:5/5.9::gentoo, installed)
    ^              ^^^^^                                                                                                                   
    >=dev-qt/qtdbus-5.9.1:5 required by (kde-apps/konsole-17.12.3:5/5::gentoo, installed)
    ^^              ^^^^^^^                                                                                                                                       
    (and 6 more with the same problems)

(dev-qt/qtdbus-5.7.1:5/5.7::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge) pulled in by
    ~dev-qt/qtdbus-5.7.1 required by (dev-qt/qtgui-5.7.1-r1:5/5.7::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge)
    ^              ^^^^^                                                                                                                                     

dev-qt/qtgui:5

(dev-qt/qtgui-5.9.4-r3:5/5.9::gentoo, installed) pulled in by
    >=dev-qt/qtgui-5.9.1:5 required by (kde-apps/spectacle-17.12.3:5/5::gentoo, installed)
    ^^             ^^^^^^^                                                                                                                                         
    ~dev-qt/qtgui-5.9.4[egl,libinput?] required by (dev-qt/qtwayland-5.9.4-r1:5/5.9::gentoo, installed)
    ^             ^^^^^                                                                                                                                       
    (and 23 more with the same problems)

(dev-qt/qtgui-5.7.1-r1:5/5.7::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge) pulled in by
    >=dev-qt/qtgui-5.7.1:5/5.7=[dbus] required by (kde-plasma/plasma-integration-5.11.5:5/5::gentoo, installed)
                        ^^^^^^^                                                                                                                   

dev-libs/boost:0

(dev-libs/boost-1.65.0:0/1.65.0::gentoo, installed) pulled in by
    dev-libs/boost:0/1.65.0= required by (dev-cpp/libcmis-0.5.2_pre20160820-r1:0.5/0.5::gentoo, installed)
                  ^^^^^^^^^^                                                                                                                 
    (and 2 more with the same problem)

(dev-libs/boost-1.63.0:0/1.63.0::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge) pulled in by
    dev-libs/boost:0/1.63.0= required by (app-office/libreoffice-5.4.5.1:0/0::gentoo, installed)
                  ^^^^^^^^^^                                                                                                       
    (and 1 more with the same problem)

dev-util/boost-build:0

(dev-util/boost-build-1.65.0:0/0::gentoo, installed) pulled in by
    =dev-util/boost-build-1.65* required by (dev-libs/boost-1.65.0:0/1.65.0::gentoo, installed)
    ^                     ^^^^^                                                                                                                       

(dev-util/boost-build-1.63.0:0/0::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge) pulled in by
    =dev-util/boost-build-1.63* required by (dev-libs/boost-1.63.0:0/1.63.0::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge)
    ^                     ^^^^^                                                                                                                                       

NOTE: Use the '--verbose-conflicts' option to display parents omitted above

It may be possible to solve this problem by using package.mask to
prevent one of those packages from being selected. However, it is also
possible that conflicting dependencies exist such that they are
impossible to satisfy simultaneously.  If such a conflict exists in
the dependencies of two different packages, then those packages can
not be installed simultaneously.

For more information, see MASKED PACKAGES section in the emerge man
page or refer to the Gentoo Handbook.

emerge: there are no ebuilds to satisfy "dev-java/oracle-jdk-bin:9[gentoo-vm(+)]".
(dependency required by "virtual/jdk-9::gentoo" [ebuild])
(dependency required by "dev-java/ant-core-1.9.2::gentoo" [installed])
(dependency required by "app-office/libreoffice-5.4.5.1::gentoo[java]" [installed])
(dependency required by "@selected" [set])
(dependency required by "@world" [argument])

mike155
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please try the 'magic wand' parameter:
Code:
emerge -avuND --backtrack=1000 @world
TheMachinesTeacher
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortuantely, the magic wand did not work this time. I got exactly the same message from emerge. Higher values for the backtrack value did no solve it either.
Tony0945
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://gitweb.gentoo.org/repo/gentoo.git/log/dev-qt/qtcore?showmsg=1
It looks like the rev numbers are getting out of sequence between two devs.
I would imagine this would confuse portage.

I blocked dev-qt/*-5.9 (I forget the exact syntax, I'll look it up if you need it)
I don't develop with qt. It's only needed by lumina (I think?). I don't use kde and everything is working fine with 5.7 so why beat my head in trying to figure out what they fscked up?
asturm
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Qt-5.9 is fine. You should check out another thing going on there:

Code:
emerge: there are no ebuilds to satisfy "dev-java/oracle-jdk-bin:9[gentoo-vm(+)]".
(dependency required by "app-office/libreoffice-5.4.5.1::gentoo[java]" [installed])

And that is strange because that ebuild is clearly present on an up-to-date sync.
TheMachinesTeacher
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tony0945, I see what you mean about the rev numbers. If by blocked, do you mean mask? I already have 5.9.4-r2 installed. I have a feeling there is some solution that will be able to use the most up to date code. I used to have 4.8 installed, and I still got this message. I tried 5.7 and I got the same errors about qt, so I don't think that masking it is going to change the conflict.

asturm, it is strange that it gave me that error because I did emerge-webrsync before trying to update. I just installed dev-java/oracle-jdk-bin-9.0.4-r2 and it still gives me the error related to the jdk when I try to update!
asturm
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only explanation for this is that portage is cancelling dep calculation before it found oracle-jdk-bin:9, but for some reason there is no message about that. Did you actually paste the whole portage output you got? Actually this output looks like the result of an update that failed in between Qt, Applications and Plasma updates. Do you know what package failed?

Check if `emerge -avu1 $(qlist -CI dev-qt/*)` makes a difference and if not, try with -D in addition.

Ignore the remark about 'blocking' Qt-5.9, it makes no sense.
TheMachinesTeacher
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

emerge -avu1 $(qlist -CI dev-qt/*) installed dev-qt/qttranslations-5.9.4, but this did not change the message generated by emerge -avuUD @world

I followed your recommendation of throwing in the -D flag, and it finds a lot of blocked packages that are related to x11. The output can be found here
TheMachinesTeacher
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I looked in my package.mask, and I don't have anything for x11-proto. I am using the default/linux/amd64/17.0/desktop/plasma (stable) profile.
fedeliallalinea
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look here
TheMachinesTeacher
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fedeliallalinea, thanks for the link. Nvidia is slow to update to the latest versions of things. I tried masking >=x11-base/xorg-server-1.19.99, but it doesn't solve all of the problems with blocked packages. Is it really a good idea to just mask all the packages that are blocked like they imply?
asturm
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depending on nvidia-drivers can be painful if you want to update your system in the wrong moment.
Tyrus
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

asturm wrote:

Code:

And that is strange because that ebuild is clearly present on an up-to-date sync.

virtual/jdk-9 is masked and shouldn't be used. In my /usr/portage/profiles/package.mask I find this:

Quote:

# James Le Cuirot <chewi@gentoo.org> (17 Dec 2017)
# Java 9 is not yet fully supported on Gentoo. Packages cannot depend
# on it so these virtuals are not yet required. If you wish to use
# Java 9 now then install oracle-(jdk|jre)-bin:9 directly.
virtual/jdk:9
virtual/jre:9
Josef.95
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

asturm wrote:

Code:

This unsolvable dependency comes probably from the masked "gentoo-vm" Useflag.
Tony0945
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheMachinesTeacher wrote:
Tony0945, I see what you mean about the rev numbers. If by blocked, do you mean mask?

Yes, I masked it in /etc/portage/package.mask.
Code:
MSI ~ # grep -r dev-qt /etc/portage/package.mask
/etc/portage/package.mask/badapps:dev-qt/*:5/5.9
Asturm is probably right that you don't want to do this since you are running kde.
What I do suggest is masking it temporarily until the problems are straightened out OR running "emerge -auvND @world --exclude dev-qt/* "
Until there are no problems there. Then maybe re-syncing to see if someone has straightened out the tree.
Regarding java, I'm in no rush for the latest. I like to see if someone reports a horrible bug first. Been burned in the past about java security.
Code:
MSI ~ # grep -r java /etc/portage
/etc/portage/package.mask/java:>dev-java/oracle-jdk-bin-1.8.0.144
/etc/portage/package.mask/java:>dev-java/oracle-jre-bin-1.8.0.144
Code:
# eix  dev-java/oracle-jdk
* dev-java/oracle-jdk-bin
     Available versions:
     (1.8)  1.8.0.131^fs[1] 1.8.0.144^fs[1] [m]1.8.0.162-r1^fs
     (9)    [m]~9.0.4-r2^fs
       {alsa commercial cups derby doc examples +fontconfig +gentoo-vm gtk2 gtk3 headless-awt javafx jce nsplugin selinux source visualvm}
     Homepage:            http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/
     Description:         Oracle's Java SE Development Kit

[1] "local" /usr/local/portage
You might try "emerge -a1v =oracle-jdk-bin-1.8.0.162-r1
Did you keyword ver 9? Probably not a good idea unless you are a tester.

P.S.
The only reason I masked higher versions of 1.8.0 is that godawful fetch procedure. Sure wish I could register once with oracle and have done with it. Kill the lawyers.
asturm
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tony0945 wrote:
What I do suggest is masking it temporarily until the problems are straightened out OR running "emerge -auvND @world --exclude dev-qt/* "

That can't work because there are already many 5.9 versions installed. We already know that Qt is not the problem at all, if you look at the recent output where only X packages are blocking.
Tyrus
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

asturm wrote:
Tony0945 wrote:

That can't work because there are already many 5.9 versions installed. We already know that Qt is not the problem at all, if you look at the recent output where only X packages are blocking.

I can confirm that. I am using qt-5.9. Portage also had no problem to update to x11-base/xorg-proto version 2018.4. I am also using nvidia-drivers, but that caused also no problems for portage when updating the x11-proto stuff on my system.

I am not sure what the reason is but I noticed that portage still wants to keep proto-stuff that has been removed from the portage tree.
Code:

(x11-proto/xf86rushproto-1.1.2-r1:0/0::gentoo, installed) pulled in by
    >=x11-proto/xf86rushproto-1.1.2 required by (x11-base/xorg-server-1.19.5:0/1.19.5::gentoo, installed)

First: x11-proto/xf86rushproto is no longer in my portage tree.
The xorg-server doesn't need that dependency on my system. But I am using x11-base/xorg-server-1.19.5-r1. If I understand that message correctly it says that an outdated x11-base/xorg-server version is installed still. x11-base/xorg-server-1.19.5 is not in my portage tree also.

Edit:
Question is why the xorg-server is not selected for updating also?
I doubled-checked the emerge output. Portage is not trying to update x11-base/xorg-server although the installed version is outdated and needs an update. Reason could be a wrong package mask, well that would be my guess.

Last edited by Tyrus on Sat Mar 31, 2018 12:21 am; edited 2 times in total
Josef.95
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheMachinesTeacher wrote:
There is also an error about there being no ebuilds to satisfy emerging jdk-bin:9, but I think I can solve that one.
Yes, please solve this conflict first.
Use not the hard masked virtual/jre:9 and virtual/jdk:9 versions should help.
Tony0945
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad you got qt-5.9 installed.

Now try "emerge -p --depclean" Don't forget the -p. You want to see what depclean would remove before doing it. It might want to clean up your x11-proto stuff. Also run "grep x11-proto /var/lib/portage/world to see if you inadvertently emerge something without a -1.
vespaman
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, I (think I) have the same issue. I have had particular gentoo installation since forever, so I suppose this might be related to some old stuff still around. (?)

I have done a depclean, and tried different random solution suggested here and there... But I can not get past this. :?

I tried to put the full emerge log, but maybe it is too long for the forum, because it gets truncated when I submit.

The short version;
Code:
h2 /mnt/xenon/public # emerge -avuD --backtrack=1000 @world

[.. lots of packages]

[ebuild     U  ] sys-fs/fuse-2.9.7-r1::gentoo [2.9.7::gentoo] USE="-examples -static-libs" 0 KiB
[blocks b      ] <sys-fs/fuse-2.9.7-r1:0 ("<sys-fs/fuse-2.9.7-r1:0" is blocking sys-fs/fuse-common-3.2.2)
[ebuild  N     ] x11-base/xorg-proto-2018.4::gentoo  0 KiB
[ebuild     U  ] x11-proto/xproto-7.0.31-r1::gentoo [7.0.31::gentoo] USE="(-doc%)" ABI_X86="32 (64) (-x32)" 0 KiB
[blocks b      ] <x11-proto/xproto-7.0.31-r1 ("<x11-proto/xproto-7.0.31-r1" is blocking x11-base/xorg-proto-2018.4)
[ebuild     U  ] x11-proto/xextproto-7.3.0-r1::gentoo [7.3.0::gentoo] USE="(-doc%)" ABI_X86="32 (64) (-x32)" 0 KiB
[blocks b      ] <x11-proto/xextproto-7.3.0-r1 ("<x11-proto/xextproto-7.3.0-r1" is blocking x11-base/xorg-proto-2018.4)
[ebuild     U  ] x11-proto/inputproto-2.3.2-r1::gentoo [2.3.2::gentoo] ABI_X86="32 (64) (-x32)" 0 KiB
[blocks b      ] <x11-proto/inputproto-2.3.2-r1 ("<x11-proto/inputproto-2.3.2-r1" is blocking x11-base/xorg-proto-2018.4)
[ebuild     U  ] x11-proto/kbproto-1.0.7-r1::gentoo [1.0.7::gentoo] ABI_X86="32 (64) (-x32)" 0 KiB
[blocks b      ] <x11-proto/kbproto-1.0.7-r1 ("<x11-proto/kbproto-1.0.7-r1" is blocking x11-base/xorg-proto-2018.4)
[ebuild     U  ] x11-proto/videoproto-2.3.3-r1::gentoo [2.3.3::gentoo] ABI_X86="32 (64) (-x32)" 0 KiB
[blocks b      ] <x11-proto/videoproto-2.3.3-r1 ("<x11-proto/videoproto-2.3.3-r1" is blocking x11-base/xorg-proto-2018.4)
[ebuild     U  ] x11-proto/renderproto-0.11.1-r2::gentoo [0.11.1-r1::gentoo] ABI_X86="32 (64) (-x32)" 0 KiB
[blocks b      ] <x11-proto/renderproto-0.11.1-r2 ("<x11-proto/renderproto-0.11.1-r2" is blocking x11-base/xorg-proto-2018.4)
[ebuild     U  ] x11-proto/xineramaproto-1.2.1-r2::gentoo [1.2.1-r1::gentoo] ABI_X86="32 (64) (-x32)" 0 KiB
[blocks b      ] <x11-proto/xineramaproto-1.2.1-r2 ("<x11-proto/xineramaproto-1.2.1-r2" is blocking x11-base/xorg-proto-2018.4)
[ebuild     U  ] x11-proto/randrproto-1.5.0-r1::gentoo [1.5.0::gentoo] ABI_X86="32 (64) (-x32)" 0 KiB
[blocks b      ] <x11-proto/randrproto-1.5.0-r1 ("<x11-proto/randrproto-1.5.0-r1" is blocking x11-base/xorg-proto-2018.4)
[ebuild     U  ] x11-proto/damageproto-1.2.1-r2::gentoo [1.2.1-r1::gentoo] ABI_X86="32 (64) (-x32)" 0 KiB
[blocks b      ] <x11-proto/damageproto-1.2.1-r2 ("<x11-proto/damageproto-1.2.1-r2" is blocking x11-base/xorg-proto-2018.4)
[ebuild     U  ] x11-proto/xf86vidmodeproto-2.3.1-r2::gentoo [2.3.1-r1::gentoo] ABI_X86="32 (64) (-x32)" 0 KiB
[blocks b      ] <x11-proto/xf86vidmodeproto-2.3.1-r2 ("<x11-proto/xf86vidmodeproto-2.3.1-r2" is blocking x11-base/xorg-proto-2018.4)
[ebuild     U  ] x11-proto/fixesproto-5.0-r2::gentoo [5.0-r1::gentoo] ABI_X86="32 (64) (-x32)" 0 KiB
[blocks b      ] <x11-proto/fixesproto-5.0-r2 ("<x11-proto/fixesproto-5.0-r2" is blocking x11-base/xorg-proto-2018.4)
[ebuild     U  ] x11-proto/compositeproto-0.4.2-r2::gentoo [0.4.2-r1::gentoo] ABI_X86="32 (64) (-x32)" 0 KiB
[blocks b      ] <x11-proto/compositeproto-0.4.2-r2 ("<x11-proto/compositeproto-0.4.2-r2" is blocking x11-base/xorg-proto-2018.4)
[ebuild     U  ] x11-proto/recordproto-1.14.2-r2::gentoo [1.14.2-r1::gentoo] USE="(-doc%)" ABI_X86="32 (64) (-x32)" 0 KiB
[blocks b      ] <x11-proto/recordproto-1.14.2-r2 ("<x11-proto/recordproto-1.14.2-r2" is blocking x11-base/xorg-proto-2018.4)
[ebuild     U  ] x11-proto/xf86bigfontproto-1.2.0-r2::gentoo [1.2.0-r1::gentoo] ABI_X86="32 (64) (-x32)" 0 KiB
[blocks b      ] <x11-proto/xf86bigfontproto-1.2.0-r2 ("<x11-proto/xf86bigfontproto-1.2.0-r2" is blocking x11-base/xorg-proto-2018.4)
[ebuild     U  ] x11-proto/glproto-1.4.17-r2::gentoo [1.4.17-r1::gentoo] ABI_X86="32 (64) (-x32)" 0 KiB
[blocks b      ] <x11-proto/glproto-1.4.17-r2 ("<x11-proto/glproto-1.4.17-r2" is blocking x11-base/xorg-proto-2018.4)
[ebuild     U  ] x11-proto/fontsproto-2.1.3-r1::gentoo [2.1.3::gentoo] USE="(-doc%)" ABI_X86="32%* (64%*) (-x32)" 0 KiB
[blocks b      ] <x11-proto/fontsproto-2.1.3-r1 ("<x11-proto/fontsproto-2.1.3-r1" is blocking x11-base/xorg-proto-2018.4)
[ebuild     U  ] x11-proto/dri2proto-2.8-r2::gentoo [2.8-r1::gentoo] ABI_X86="32 (64) (-x32)" 0 KiB
[blocks b      ] <x11-proto/dri2proto-2.8-r2 ("<x11-proto/dri2proto-2.8-r2" is blocking x11-base/xorg-proto-2018.4)
[ebuild     U  ] x11-proto/dri3proto-1.0-r1::gentoo [1.0::gentoo] ABI_X86="32 (64) (-x32)" 0 KiB
[blocks b      ] <x11-proto/dri3proto-1.0-r1 ("<x11-proto/dri3proto-1.0-r1" is blocking x11-base/xorg-proto-2018.4)
[ebuild     U  ] x11-proto/presentproto-1.1-r1::gentoo [1.1::gentoo] ABI_X86="32 (64) (-x32)" 0 KiB
[blocks b      ] <x11-proto/presentproto-1.1-r1 ("<x11-proto/presentproto-1.1-r1" is blocking x11-base/xorg-proto-2018.4)
[ebuild     U  ] x11-proto/xf86driproto-2.1.1-r2::gentoo [2.1.1-r1::gentoo] ABI_X86="32 (64) (-x32)" 0 KiB
[blocks b      ] <x11-proto/xf86driproto-2.1.1-r2 ("<x11-proto/xf86driproto-2.1.1-r2" is blocking x11-base/xorg-proto-2018.4)
[ebuild     U  ] x11-proto/resourceproto-1.2.0-r1::gentoo [1.2.0::gentoo] ABI_X86="32%* (64%*) (-x32)" 0 KiB
[blocks b      ] <x11-proto/resourceproto-1.2.0-r1 ("<x11-proto/resourceproto-1.2.0-r1" is blocking x11-base/xorg-proto-2018.4)
[ebuild     U  ] x11-proto/scrnsaverproto-1.2.2-r2::gentoo [1.2.2-r1::gentoo] USE="(-doc%)" ABI_X86="32 (64) (-x32)" 0 KiB
[blocks b      ] <x11-proto/scrnsaverproto-1.2.2-r2 ("<x11-proto/scrnsaverproto-1.2.2-r2" is blocking x11-base/xorg-proto-2018.4)
[ebuild     U  ] x11-proto/trapproto-3.4.3-r1::gentoo [3.4.3::gentoo] ABI_X86="32%* (64%*) (-x32)" 0 KiB
[blocks b      ] <x11-proto/trapproto-3.4.3-r1 ("<x11-proto/trapproto-3.4.3-r1" is blocking x11-base/xorg-proto-2018.4)
[ebuild     U  ] x11-proto/bigreqsproto-1.1.2-r1::gentoo [1.1.2::gentoo] USE="(-doc%)" ABI_X86="32%* (64%*) (-x32)" 0 KiB
[blocks b      ] <x11-proto/bigreqsproto-1.1.2-r1 ("<x11-proto/bigreqsproto-1.1.2-r1" is blocking x11-base/xorg-proto-2018.4)
[ebuild     U  ] x11-proto/xf86dgaproto-2.1-r3::gentoo [2.1-r2::gentoo] ABI_X86="32 (64) (-x32)" 0 KiB
[blocks b      ] <x11-proto/xf86dgaproto-2.1-r3 ("<x11-proto/xf86dgaproto-2.1-r3" is blocking x11-base/xorg-proto-2018.4)
[ebuild     U  ] x11-proto/xcmiscproto-1.2.2-r1::gentoo [1.2.2::gentoo] USE="(-doc%)" ABI_X86="32%* (64%*) (-x32)" 0 KiB
[blocks b      ] <x11-proto/xcmiscproto-1.2.2-r1 ("<x11-proto/xcmiscproto-1.2.2-r1" is blocking x11-base/xorg-proto-2018.4)
[ebuild     U  ] x11-libs/libxshmfence-1.3::gentoo [1.2::gentoo] USE="-static-libs" ABI_X86="32 (64) (-x32)" 302 KiB
[ebuild     U  ] x11-libs/libxcb-1.13:0/1.12::gentoo [1.12-r2:0/1.12::gentoo] USE="xkb -doc (-selinux) -static-libs {-test}" ABI_X86="32 (64) (-x32)" 499 KiB
[ebuild     U  ] x11-apps/mkfontscale-1.1.3::gentoo [1.1.2::gentoo] 142 KiB

[.. lots of packages]

[ebuild     U  ] kde-apps/kdepim-meta-18.04.0:5::gentoo [17.12.3:5::gentoo] 0 KiB
[blocks B      ] x11-proto/xf86rushproto ("x11-proto/xf86rushproto" is blocking x11-base/xorg-proto-2018.4)

Total: 474 packages (433 upgrades, 32 new, 8 in new slots, 1 reinstall), Size of downloads: 2 232 682 KiB
Fetch Restriction: 1 package
Conflict: 29 blocks (1 unsatisfied)

!!! Multiple package instances within a single package slot have been pulled
!!! into the dependency graph, resulting in a slot conflict:

dev-libs/apr:1

(dev-libs/apr-1.6.3-r1:1/1.6::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge) pulled in by
    (no parents that aren't satisfied by other packages in this slot)

(dev-libs/apr-1.6.3:1/1::gentoo, installed) pulled in by
    dev-libs/apr:1/1= required by (net-libs/serf-1.3.9:1/1::gentoo, installed)
                ^^^^^                                                                                             

dev-libs/icu:0

(dev-libs/icu-58.2-r1:0/58.2::gentoo, installed) pulled in by
    dev-libs/icu:0/58.2= required by (media-libs/raptor-2.0.15:2/2::gentoo, installed)
                ^^^^^^^^                                                                                                 
    dev-libs/icu:0/58.2=[abi_x86_32(-),abi_x86_64(-)] required by (dev-qt/qtwebkit-4.8.7:4/4::gentoo, installed)
                ^^^^^^^^                                                                                                                           
    (and 13 more with the same problems)

(dev-libs/icu-61.1:0/61.1::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge) pulled in by
    >=dev-libs/icu-60.1:= required by (net-libs/nodejs-9.10.1:0/0::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge)
    ^^             ^^^^                                                                                                                                                         

NOTE: Use the '--verbose-conflicts' option to display parents omitted above

!!! The slot conflict(s) shown above involve package(s) which may need to
!!! be rebuilt in order to solve the conflict(s). However, the following
!!! package(s) cannot be rebuilt for the reason(s) shown:

(dev-qt/qtwebkit-4.8.7:4/4::gentoo, installed): ebuild is masked or unavailable

It may be possible to solve this problem by using package.mask to
prevent one of those packages from being selected. However, it is also
possible that conflicting dependencies exist such that they are
impossible to satisfy simultaneously.  If such a conflict exists in
the dependencies of two different packages, then those packages can
not be installed simultaneously.

For more information, see MASKED PACKAGES section in the emerge man
page or refer to the Gentoo Handbook.

* Error: The above package list contains packages which cannot be
 * installed at the same time on the same system.

(x11-proto/xf86rushproto-1.1.2-r1:0/0::gentoo, installed) pulled in by
    >=x11-proto/xf86rushproto-1.1.2 required by (x11-base/xorg-server-1.19.6:0/1.19.6::gentoo, installed)

(x11-base/xorg-proto-2018.4:0/0::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge) pulled in by
    x11-base/xorg-proto required by (x11-proto/xineramaproto-1.2.1-r2:0/0::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge)
    x11-base/xorg-proto required by (x11-proto/xcmiscproto-1.2.2-r1:0/0::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge)
    x11-base/xorg-proto required by (x11-proto/inputproto-2.3.2-r1:0/0::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge)
    x11-base/xorg-proto required by (x11-proto/recordproto-1.14.2-r2:0/0::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge)
    x11-base/xorg-proto required by (x11-proto/fontsproto-2.1.3-r1:0/0::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge)
    x11-base/xorg-proto required by (x11-proto/xextproto-7.3.0-r1:0/0::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge)
    x11-base/xorg-proto required by (x11-proto/scrnsaverproto-1.2.2-r2:0/0::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge)
    x11-base/xorg-proto required by (x11-proto/dri2proto-2.8-r2:0/0::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge)
    x11-base/xorg-proto required by (x11-proto/xproto-7.0.31-r1:0/0::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge)
    x11-base/xorg-proto required by (x11-proto/kbproto-1.0.7-r1:0/0::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge)
    x11-base/xorg-proto required by (x11-proto/bigreqsproto-1.1.2-r1:0/0::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge)
    x11-base/xorg-proto required by (x11-proto/fixesproto-5.0-r2:0/0::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge)
    x11-base/xorg-proto required by (x11-proto/xf86dgaproto-2.1-r3:0/0::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge)
    x11-base/xorg-proto required by (x11-proto/xf86driproto-2.1.1-r2:0/0::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge)
    x11-base/xorg-proto required by (x11-proto/renderproto-0.11.1-r2:0/0::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge)
    x11-base/xorg-proto required by (x11-proto/dri3proto-1.0-r1:0/0::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge)
    x11-base/xorg-proto required by (x11-proto/glproto-1.4.17-r2:0/0::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge)
    x11-base/xorg-proto required by (x11-proto/xf86bigfontproto-1.2.0-r2:0/0::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge)
    x11-base/xorg-proto required by (x11-proto/trapproto-3.4.3-r1:0/0::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge)
    x11-base/xorg-proto required by (x11-proto/compositeproto-0.4.2-r2:0/0::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge)
    x11-base/xorg-proto required by (x11-proto/xf86vidmodeproto-2.3.1-r2:0/0::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge)
    x11-base/xorg-proto required by (x11-proto/resourceproto-1.2.0-r1:0/0::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge)
    x11-base/xorg-proto required by (x11-proto/presentproto-1.1-r1:0/0::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge)
    x11-base/xorg-proto required by (x11-proto/damageproto-1.2.1-r2:0/0::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge)
    x11-base/xorg-proto required by (x11-proto/videoproto-2.3.3-r1:0/0::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge)
    x11-base/xorg-proto required by (x11-proto/randrproto-1.5.0-r1:0/0::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge)

For more information about Blocked Packages, please refer to the following
section of the Gentoo Linux x86 Handbook (architecture is irrelevant):

https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Handbook:X86/Working/Portage#Blocked_packages

Now, I really don't understand much about the ABI stuff, but first row in my package.use is "*/* abi_x86_32"
Is this the way it should be, or could this be part of the problem?
fedeliallalinea
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In your case problem is dev-qt/qtwebkit:4 (no longer in portage tree) that require dev-libs/icu:0/58.2, but others package like net-libs/nodejs-9.10.1 needs >=dev-libs/icu-60.1
vespaman
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Incredible, I really did not see how that that stopped everything, but now emerge is running just fine, it seams.

Thank you very much!
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: