Libvirt/Virt-manager stuck in UEFI shell
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bladesy
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 3:25 pm    Post subject: Libvirt/Virt-manager stuck in UEFI shell Reply with quote

Hello all, I've recently installed Windows 10 on a spare drive, which boots by UEFI, so that I can run it both on my actual hardware and in a VM.
The drive is basically pointed to by a raw .vmdk file I made, and provided I set the right permissions on the drive beforehand, Virtualbox can boot it flawlessly.
I haven't been able to find any guides for PCI passthrough using Virtualbox, so I decided to try Libvirt/Virt-manager, as I figured it would be easier.
But the thing is, no matter what I seem to try, when booting the exact same drive in Libvirt, I always get stuck at the UEFI shell, with only BLK0: to BLK2: available (which claim to have no files when ls is used), despite there being 4 partitions on the drive - one of which is a UEFI partition. Normally, anytime I've been able to find an EFI folder on one of those devices, it was FS0:, which seems to be missing.
So does anyone have an idea why a specific partition would appear Virtualbox but not in Libvirt?
I should note that I installed Windows 10 on the drive through Virtualbox, but it can still boot from grub just fine, so I wouldn't think it would be locked to just Virtualbox because it was installed in that VM.
Also, I can't imagine that it can't boot because of the PCI passthrough things I've been playing with, because I have managed to set it up in the past on gentoo, but back then I believe I used a script that ran qemu, so I wasn't dealing with Libvirt.
Thanks for your time, if I've left out any information on my system, just say and I'll try to find it.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: