Compile LineageOS (open)
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FyruX
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:11 pm    Post subject: Compile LineageOS (open) Reply with quote

[ Español ]

Hola Amigos..... :)
Estoy interesado en compilar LineageOS en un teléfono móvil Samsung, lo que me párese muy mal, es que solo encuentro una guía paso a paso para Ubuntu y derivados. :x
Ayúdenme por favor a portar esa guía a nuestro amado Gentoo ! :lol:
Gracias por tan solo leer.... :wink:

[ English ] ( Using an online translator, you know which one .... )

Hello friends..... :)
I am interested in compiling LineageOS on a Samsung mobile phone, which is very bad for me, I only find a step-by-step guide for Ubuntu and derivatives. :x
Help me please carry that guide to our beloved Gentoo! :lol:
Thanks for just reading ... :wink:

Last edited by FyruX on Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:37 pm; edited 2 times in total
fturco
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please tell us the URL of the guide you found so we can have a look.

Notice: I never attempted to build LineageOS.
FyruX
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[ Español ]

Disculpa mi falta de percepción de lo obvio… :P
Aquí esta: https://forum.xda-developers.com/chef-central/android/how-to-build-lineageos-14-1-t3551484

[ English ]

Excuse my lack of perception of the obvious ... :P
Here it is: https://forum.xda-developers.com/chef-central/android/how-to-build-lineageos-14-1-t3551484

Last edited by FyruX on Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
depontius
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to build Cyangenmod ROM images for my old phone. I've looked at the instructions you point to, and they look very much like the old Cyanogenmod instructions did. That makes sense, because Lineage OS picked up where Cyanogenmod left off. Please keep in mind that other than using "adb" to install new pre-built ROM images on my new phone, I haven't actually used this stuff since the end of 2016, when I built my last ROM image right before Cyanogenmod bit the dust. This is all very rusty memory.

1 - Don't get the tarball. Instead, "emerge android-sdk-update-manager". You'll need to look up its own documentation, because I believe all it does is install a skeletal system into /opt. It's an "update manager", you have to run it and tell it to download its own components and so forth.

2 - Keep in mind that Ubuntu (for which these directions were written) is like most modern binary distributions, in that it's not really a development system even though they usually include gcc. Every Gentoo system IS a development system. You may have to grab some extra stuff, but you can do so with portage in the normal way, and you won't need to grab as much as they suggest.

10 - I didn't bother with ccache. Yes, it can speed things up, but I start the process and go do something else, so I wasn't bothered by the time. I'd have been more bothered by the clutter on my hard drive.

Finally, go to the xda-developer forums for your phone, make sure you're signed up, and start lurking. The directions didn't do the whole job for me, and I got help in the forums to get myself started. At the bitter end of Cyanogenmod, I posted my last ROM images to my google drive space, posted links in the forums, and gave back a little.
pjp
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@FyruX,

I've added line breaks to your long line of asterisks (*). Please keep in mind that not everyone uses a 60in/152cm monitors.

Thanks,
--pjp
FyruX
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pjp wrote:
@FyruX,

I've added line breaks to your long line of asterisks (*). Please keep in mind that not everyone uses a 60in/152cm monitors.

Thanks,
--pjp

Sure and I apologize!
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: