Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
Xorg doesn't load input drivers (solved)
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
djdunn
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:15 am    Post subject: Xorg doesn't load input drivers (solved) Reply with quote

So, I installed ~amd64 kde plasma with sddm.
So I have a pretty standard keyboard, IBM model M with a PS/2 cord, and your standard 2 button optical mouse with a wheel button thing

Loading sddm with /etc/init.d/xdm

So I'm really stuck with this, in my /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d I have 10-amdgpu.conf(works), and I have the 40-libinput.conf that's just a link to the file in /usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d/40-libinput.
I get no keyboard response and no mouse response, I tried using the evdev drivers too, same thing.

There are no errors in xorg.0.log
https://paste.pound-python.org/show/Z9jOeEWTnA6dy19c7zbh/

I really don't know what to do. I can use the keyboard fine in the vt's I tried rebuilding the @xorg-module-rebuild

I tried evdev, libinput, evdev libinput in my INPUT_DEVICES="" rebuild the drivers and added the appropriate files to xorg.conf.d and I get nothing form keyboard or mouse, but the curser blinks in the password form. So I'm pretty sure sddm is working ok
“Music is a moral law. It gives a soul to the Universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, a charm to sadness, gaiety and life to everything. It is the essence of order, and leads to all that is good and just and beautiful.”

― Plato

Last edited by djdunn on Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:25 am; edited 1 time in total
djdunn
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:11 pm    Post subject: Eudev and udev not recognizing PS2 keyboard Reply with quote

So my keyboard doesn't seem to work in X. The keyboard is standard 102 key IBM model m PS2. it works just fine in the VT's. I don't see udev recognizing the keyboard when I plug/unplug it.
“Music is a moral law. It gives a soul to the Universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, a charm to sadness, gaiety and life to everything. It is the essence of order, and leads to all that is good and just and beautiful.”

― Plato
The Main Man
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a problem with xorg-server-1.19.99.901 , try to mask it and then update the world, see if you will have that problem with xorg-server-1.19.5
Hu

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kajzer wrote:
There's a problem with xorg-server-1.19.99.901 , try to mask it and then update the world, see if you will have that problem with xorg-server-1.19.5
Could you provide a citation for this problem? What is the nature of the problem? Where was it first reported?
The Main Man
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hu wrote:
kajzer wrote:
Could you provide a citation for this problem? What is the nature of the problem? Where was it first reported?

https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-1077950-highlight-.html

https://bugs.gentoo.org/649392
djdunn
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it was caused by making my initramfs for zfs root with genkernel-next, i switched to the regular genkernel and it worked, i think something to do with udev in the initramfs or something

― Plato
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: