strange keyboard shortcut failure in emacs
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
trent
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:33 pm    Post subject: strange keyboard shortcut failure in emacs Reply with quote

Some shortcuts don't work the way they're supposed to work in Emacs, BUT only under certain circumstances:

• Meta+x doesn't work, using Meta+Shift+x yields the expected;
  • similar, Ctrl+y does nothing, Ctrl+Shift+y yanks text from the buffer (I find this super annoying).

All other frequently used shortcuts I've tried work as expected and don't require me to hit Shift.

But now comes the strange part:
This behaviour only occurs when I using emacs in a kde session started via a display manager (I've tried sddm and lightdm). When I start the X session from the console (startx) everything works fine in kde. Also using a display manager to select a different window manager (so far, I've tried enlightenment) also doesn't give the problem.

So how and why does the display manager interfere with my keyboard layout and why only in kde? And how can I fix it? Does anybody else have this problem or any idea?
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: