Random issues with Corsair K70 and polling
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Kernel & Hardware
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Silmano
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:53 am    Post subject: Random issues with Corsair K70 and polling Reply with quote

I've recently installed Gentoo on a PC with a Corsair keyboard and mouse and I've found a weird issue with the keyboard.

I was able to boot SystemRescueCD and perform the normal steps of the installation and also a first restart into the new environment without apparent issues, but upon the 2nd or 3rd restart, I wasn't able to type anything on the login prompt (I was able to select the boot device in BIOS and move over Lilo on that reboot). I restarted again with the same luck, no key was recognized. Since the Corsair keyboard its kinda tricky for all the lights and stuff it has, I booted the Windows partitions to see if there was any issue, but Windows recognized the device and was working correctly. I restarted one again over Gentoo, was able to move the Lilo options and select one and was able to login this time, but on next reboot over Gentoo, I wasn't.

Regarding the lights, the keyboard gets the default layout (all red except a,s,d,w and arrow keys which are white), but it seems unresponsive, since hitting caps lock doesn't light the correspondent led in the keyboard. This is when Gentoo doesn't seem to recognize it, when it works, it works without problems.

Now the weird thing, without changing anything over Gentoo nor the boot method, I tried switching the polling switch the keyboard has to BIOS, restarted and it works. I wasn't able to reproduce any issue over Gentoo with the keyboard on that polling setting, but changing it back to 8ms or lower, makes the keyboard unresponsive again.

The only thing I've found on the dmesg side its the following:
Code:
usbhid 5-1.4:1.2: couldn't find an input interrupt endpoint

And the usbhid and the ID I believe its the one of the keyboard, but since I'm not able to do anything, I can't capture it. I will try adding a second keyboard to see if I'm able to get a hold of the error.

Aside from that, any idea why the polling might be affecting the correct behavior of the keyboard?
Silmano
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been able to login with a secondary keyboard once the primary didn't work. I'm attaching the dmesg & kernel config to see if anyone can spot an issue. Note than in the dmsg I plug the secondary keyboard over 79.284418

dmesg: https://pastebin.com/PLftnmuL
kernel config: https://pastebin.com/XMsiYrGs
da_ferri
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
I've had the same problem with a Corsair's keyboard, but I have the Strafe model.
I found this guide on the gentoo wiki and by following this I've solved my problems, now my keyoard works smoothly in gentoo.

Hope this will help you too: https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Corsair_Strafe_RGB
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Kernel & Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: