Can't rebuild KDE.
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Budoka
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:40 am    Post subject: Can't rebuild KDE. Reply with quote

I broke this off from a thread I was asking for help on as to not derail it too far from the QT topic it addresses. Said thread https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-736457-start-175.html

Pertinent bit...
fedeliallalinea wrote:
I'm not sure but probably you should rebuild kde-plasma/*, kde-frameworks/* and x11-misc/sddm with qt-5.7.1.
First try rebuild sddm (emerge -1 x11-misc/sddm) and check if the problem disappears.
If is the case then rebuild also kde-plasma/* and kde-frameworks/*
Code:
# emerge -1 $(qlist -I kde-frameworks/*)  $(qlist -I kde-plasma/*)

Bombs out here...
Code:
/var/tmp/portage/kde-plasma/kdecoration-5.11.5/work/kdecoration-5.11.5/src/decorationbutton.cpp:413:51: error: invalid static_cast from type ‘QEvent*’ to type ‘QWheelEvent*’
         wheelEvent(static_cast<QWheelEvent*>(event));
                                                   ^
make[2]: *** [src/CMakeFiles/kdecorations2.dir/build.make:87: src/CMakeFiles/kdecorations2.dir/decoration.cpp.o] Error 1
make[2]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
make[2]: *** [src/CMakeFiles/kdecorations2.dir/build.make:111: src/CMakeFiles/kdecorations2.dir/decorationbutton.cpp.o] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory '/var/tmp/portage/kde-plasma/kdecoration-5.11.5/work/kdecoration-5.11.5_build'
make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/Makefile2:154: src/CMakeFiles/kdecorations2.dir/all] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory '/var/tmp/portage/kde-plasma/kdecoration-5.11.5/work/kdecoration-5.11.5_build'
make: *** [Makefile:130: all] Error 2
 * ERROR: kde-plasma/kdecoration-5.11.5::gentoo failed (compile phase):
 *   emake failed
 * If you need support, post the output of `emerge --info '=kde-plasma/kdecoration-5.11.5::gentoo'`,
 * the complete build log and the output of `emerge -pqv '=kde-plasma/kdecoration-5.11.5::gentoo'`.
 * The complete build log is located at '/var/tmp/portage/kde-plasma/kdecoration-5.11.5/temp/build.log'.
 * The ebuild environment file is located at '/var/tmp/portage/kde-plasma/kdecoration-5.11.5/temp/environment'.
 * Working directory: '/var/tmp/portage/kde-plasma/kdecoration-5.11.5/work/kdecoration-5.11.5_build'
 * S: '/var/tmp/portage/kde-plasma/kdecoration-5.11.5/work/kdecoration-5.11.5'

>>> Failed to emerge kde-plasma/kdecoration-5.11.5, Log file:

>>>  '/var/tmp/portage/kde-plasma/kdecoration-5.11.5/temp/build.log'

* GNU info directory index is up-to-date.

/home/ # emerge --info '=kde-plasma/kdecoration-5.11.5::gentoo' |wgetpaste
Your paste can be seen here: https://paste.pound-python.org/show/TdvCemFpwV6d7oAFP5nv/
TL_Samsung /home/ # emerge -pqv '=kde-plasma/kdecoration-5.11.5::gentoo'|wgetpaste
Your paste can be seen here: https://paste.pound-python.org/show/mbTEXBNfm7WxcNHflzlC/
TL_Samsung /home/ # cat /var/tmp/portage/kde-plasma/kdecoration-5.11.5/temp/build.log|wgetpaste
Your paste can be seen here: https://paste.pound-python.org/show/ZOY2889TKhRVdmPiLoGG/
TL_Samsung /home/ # cat /var/tmp/portage/kde-plasma/kdecoration-5.11.5/temp/environment|wgetpaste
Your paste can be seen here: https://paste.pound-python.org/show/5DdQAGVBK6ypXNzI8gVB/
tranquilcool
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would try to start from installing kde-apps/... and let it pull in necessary kde-frameworks/... after that you could
go back to install the remaining kde-frameworks/...
Budoka
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tranquilcool wrote:
I would try to start from installing kde-apps/... and let it pull in necessary kde-frameworks/... after that you could
go back to install the remaining kde-frameworks/...

Still bombs out. Anything else I can try? Really frustrated. Wish I had never changed the profile as advised in the news item.
Goverp
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Assuming it's still the same error, the relevant msg in the build log is
Code:
invalid static_cast from type ‘KQEvent’ to type ‘KQWheelEvent'

which is a coding error. But of course it isn't, so this implies your compilation is including header files with inconsistent code - i.e. you've a mongrel system. My guess is you are suffering from the command
Code:
emerge -1 $(qlist -I kde-frameworks/*)  $(qlist -I kde-plasma/*)

not rebuilding enough, or if it is, not in the right order. I don't know if "--deep" can be applied to that command.

The solution is going to be something along the lines of rebuilding everything, like the original news item for the profile 17 item said. I've not been following this thread from its start, but I fear you'll say "I've already done that".

If you can afford to, a solution may be to unmerge all KDE stuff, perhaps do a deplean, and then reinstall.
fedeliallalinea
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only for information, this problem probably is relateted to this.
until Budoka doesn't resolve qt problem I think rebuild kde-* is impossible
Budoka
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Goverp wrote:
Assuming it's still the same error, the relevant msg in the build log is
Code:
invalid static_cast from type ‘KQEvent’ to type ‘KQWheelEvent'

which is a coding error. But of course it isn't, so this implies your compilation is including header files with inconsistent code - i.e. you've a mongrel system. My guess is you are suffering from the command
Code:
emerge -1 $(qlist -I kde-frameworks/*)  $(qlist -I kde-plasma/*)

not rebuilding enough, or if it is, not in the right order. I don't know if "--deep" can be applied to that command.

The solution is going to be something along the lines of rebuilding everything, like the original news item for the profile 17 item said. I've not been following this thread from its start, but I fear you'll say "I've already done that".

If you can afford to, a solution may be to unmerge all KDE stuff, perhaps do a deplean, and then reinstall.

Unfortunately, it was the news item is what kicked off this mess that I am in now. I followed the instructions an when trying to rebuild everything it bombed.

Anyway I will try to remove all KDE stuff, depclean, and re-emerge as suggested. Probably will take a weekend. LOL
Goverp
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Budoka wrote:
Anyway I will try to remove all KDE stuff, depclean, and re-emerge as suggested. Probably will take a weekend. LOL

Take note of fedeliallalinea's advice above; it's possible that just reinstalling KDE isn't enough.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: