View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next  
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Budoka
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:32 am    Post subject: Portage MESS! Reply with quote

It may or may not be directly related but ever since the news item last Nov/Dec about profile 17 becoming available and 13 being deprecated...I have not been able to update my system. It is just a mess. Portage keeps prompting me to add all sorts of stuff to my config that creates more problems and slot conflicts etc etc

Anyway, decided the best way to handle it is one problem at a time. So I will start with portage itself.

On emerge --sync I am notified that a new version of portage is available please upgrade. I do emerge --oneshot portage as instructed and am notified that 1) There is a slot conflict and 2) That I need to add some stuff to my package keywords file. Each add to the file is a different version of portage everytime finally ending in the 999 package that apparently breaks everything. How am I suppose to solve this? Following the instructions given in each emerge message is just making things worse.

This is my keywords file...https://paste.pound-python.org/show/R2vqLFRdAl132uHlMBKJ/

Code:
# emerge --oneshot -av portage

These are the packages that would be merged, in order:

Calculating dependencies... done!
[ebuild  N     ] app-crypt/gentoo-keys-201607021514::gentoo  32 KiB
[ebuild  N    ~] dev-python/bz2file-0.98::gentoo  PYTHON_TARGETS="python2_7 -pypy" 12 KiB
[ebuild     U ~] app-crypt/gnupg-2.2.4-r2::gentoo [2.2.4-r1::gentoo] USE="bzip2 ldap nls readline smartcard ssl usb -doc (-selinux) -tofu -tools -wks-server" 0 KiB
[ebuild  N    ~] app-portage/gemato-11.0::gentoo  USE="blake2 bzip2 gpg -lzma -sha3 {-test}" PYTHON_TARGETS="python2_7 python3_5 -pypy -python3_4 -python3_6" 63 KiB
[ebuild     U ~] sys-apps/portage-2.3.24-r1::gentoo [2.3.13-r1::gentoo] USE="(ipc) native-extensions rsync-verify%* xattr -build -doc -epydoc -gentoo-dev% (-selinux) (-linguas_ru%)" PYTHON_TARGETS="python2_7 python3_5* -pypy -python3_4* -python3_6" 937 KiB

Total: 5 packages (2 upgrades, 3 new), Size of downloads: 1,043 KiB

!!! Multiple package instances within a single package slot have been pulled
!!! into the dependency graph, resulting in a slot conflict:

sys-apps/portage:0

(sys-apps/portage-2.3.24-r1:0/0::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge) pulled in by
    sys-apps/portage (Argument)

(sys-apps/portage-2.3.13-r1:0/0::gentoo, installed) pulled in by
    sys-apps/portage[python_targets_pypy(-)?,python_targets_python2_7(-)?,python_targets_python3_4(-)?,
python_targets_python3_5(-)?,python_targets_python3_6(-)?,-python_single_target_pypy(-),
-python_single_target_python2_7(-),-python_single_target_python3_4(-),-python_single_target_python3_5(-),
-python_single_target_python3_6(-)] required by (app-portage/layman-2.4.2:0/0::gentoo, installed)

sys-apps/portage[python_targets_python2_7(-)?,python_targets_python3_4(-)?,python_targets_python3_5(-)?,
python_targets_python3_6(-)?,-python_single_target_python2_7(-),-python_single_target_python3_4(-),
-python_single_target_python3_5(-),-python_single_target_python3_6(-)] required by (dev-java/java-config-2.2.0-r3:2/2::gentoo, installed)

sys-apps/portage[python_targets_pypy(-)?,python_targets_python2_7(-)?,python_targets_python3_4(-)?,
python_targets_python3_5(-)?,python_targets_python3_6(-)?,-python_single_target_pypy(-),
-python_single_target_python2_7(-),-python_single_target_python3_4(-),-python_single_target_python3_5(-),
-python_single_target_python3_6(-)] required by (app-portage/gentoolkit-0.4.0:0/0::gentoo, installed)

>=sys-apps/portage-2.3.0[python_targets_python2_7(-)?,python_targets_python3_4(-)?,
python_targets_python3_5(-)?,-python_single_target_python2_7(-),-python_single_target_python3_4(-),
-python_single_target_python3_5(-)] required by (app-portage/portpeek-2.1.21:0/0::gentoo, installed)

It may be possible to solve this problem by using package.mask to
prevent one of those packages from being selected. However, it is also
possible that conflicting dependencies exist such that they are
impossible to satisfy simultaneously.  If such a conflict exists in
the dependencies of two different packages, then those packages can
not be installed simultaneously. You may want to try a larger value of
the --backtrack option, such as --backtrack=30, in order to see if
that will solve this conflict automatically.

For more information, see MASKED PACKAGES section in the emerge man
page or refer to the Gentoo Handbook.

!!! The following installed packages are masked:
- sys-kernel/gentoo-sources-4.12.12::gentoo (masked by: package.mask)
/usr/portage/profiles/package.mask:
# Alice Ferrazzi <alicef@gentoo.org> (30 Dec 2017)
# Masked for removal in 30 days.
# Upstream is no more backporting security fixes for 4.12.
# For a more stable kernel please downgrade to 4.9
# or move to 4.14(unstable) if it works for you.

For more information, see the MASKED PACKAGES section in the emerge
man page or refer to the Gentoo Handbook.

[Moderator edit: added [code] tags to preserve output layout; broke long whitespace-free lines in code tags to fix thread layout. -Hu]
mv
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The main reason for your problems seems to be the change from PYTHON_TARGETS="python2_7 python3_4" to PYTHON_TARGETS="python2_2 python3_5" which requires deep resolving.
You probably cannot just upgrade portage with these flags, you also have to upgrade all its dependencies correspondingly: Do
Code:
emerge -NaDu --with-bdeps=y --backtrack=99 @world

(Note the inclusion of --backtrack=99 recommended by the output; in recent portage versions the default for this value has been increased.)
Oniryczny
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello

I had some mess when switching profiles too but for me updating portage finished on last stable one
maybe as mv mentioned mark PYTHON_TARGETS entry and see what will emerge say in that case
fedeliallalinea
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or first update only rebuild package with changed python_targest
Code:
# emerge -UD @world

Budoka
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK. This is my last plea for help. My problem is spread out across a number of threads so rather than derail those I will try to consolidate here and address the problem. This community has been FANTASTIC over the years helping me and there has yet been an issue that I wasn't able to fix with that help...but...this honestly might be the end of my Gentoo journey. It is looking more and more like only a clean install will fix this portage mess and if I have to do that I will just jump to another distro. Not for lack of love of Gentoo but just that until now it was painless to use. Now it has become quite burdensome in terms of the time I am trying to fix the system vs use it. Having said that...

Some history...

https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-736457-start-200.html
https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-1077506-highlight-.html
https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-1077504-highlight-.html

So my system is clearly borked and I have not been able to rebuild or emerge ANYTHING since the profile change. I can't even depclean.

If I am understanding correctly it is a QT issue but there hasn't been anyway so far, suggestions or otherwise, that has worked solution wise. For some reason, I am not seeing, my box wants to pull in the two different versions at the same time. If I restrict it to one or the other emerge always prompts me to add the keywords for the version I am not asking for.

So let me step through this...keep in mind that none of these files are in the original state as when the problem first occurred because I have been repeatedly prompted by emerge to add stuff.

My make.conf https://paste.pound-python.org/show/sHFLx4L8OzZFFh9BG93i/
My package.keywords https://paste.pound-python.org/show/rM9kbvvzDdrIPablPaJW/
My package.accept_keywords https://paste.pound-python.org/show/Qdt3ZxZGR9N1qQwSCsrm/
My package.unmask https://paste.pound-python.org/show/5suqn2GGiLlB5VJ1818d/
My package.use https://paste.pound-python.org/show/vSLY48PwY1U7Q6lhEk9K/
My world file https://paste.pound-python.org/show/36fFSQUhTUEYde9jSBPc/

I have sytemd, udev, and pulseaudio masked on my box.

Now to the mess. I'll start with the way I would normally update.

Code:
# emerge -auvND world

Code:
Total: 212 packages (191 upgrades, 5 downgrades, 5 new, 11 reinstalls), Size of downloads: 574,545 KiB
Conflict: 28 blocks (1 unsatisfied)

media-libs/x264:0

(media-libs/x264-0.0.20170701:0/152::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge) pulled in by
    (no parents that aren't satisfied by other packages in this slot)

(media-libs/x264-0.0.20160712:0/148::gentoo, installed) pulled in by
    media-libs/x264:0/148= required by (media-video/vlc-2.2.8-r1:0/5-8::gentoo, installed)
                   ^^^^^^^                                                                                                   
    (and 1 more with the same problem)

dev-libs/icu:0

(dev-libs/icu-60.2:0/60.2::gentoo, installed) pulled in by
    dev-libs/icu:0/60.2= required by (app-text/libmspub-0.1.2:0/0::gentoo, installed)
                ^^^^^^^^                                                                                                 
    (and 12 more with the same problem)

(dev-libs/icu-58.2-r1:0/58.2::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge) pulled in by
    dev-libs/icu:0/58.2= required by (media-libs/libfreehand-0.1.2:0/0::gentoo, installed)
                ^^^^^^^^                                                                                                     

dev-haskell/transformers:0

(dev-haskell/transformers-0.5.2.0:0/0.5.2.0::gentoo, installed) pulled in by
    >=dev-haskell/transformers-0.2:0/0.5.2.0= required by (dev-haskell/semigroups-0.18.2:0/0.18.2::gentoo, installed)
                                  ^^^^^^^^^^^                                                                                                           

(dev-haskell/transformers-0.4.3.0:0/0.4.3.0::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge) pulled in by
    >=dev-haskell/transformers-0.4:0/0.4.3.0= required by (dev-haskell/mtl-2.2.1-r1:0/2.2.1::gentoo, installed)
                                  ^^^^^^^^^^^                                                                                                     

dev-libs/gmp:0

(dev-libs/gmp-6.1.2:0/10.4::gentoo, installed) pulled in by
    dev-libs/gmp:0/10.4= required by (app-office/kmymoney-4.8.1.1-r1:4/4::gentoo, installed)
                ^^^^^^^^                                                                                                       
    (and 7 more with the same problem)

(dev-libs/gmp-6.0.0a:0/0::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge) pulled in by
    >=dev-libs/gmp-5:0/0= required by (dev-lang/ghc-7.10.3:0/7.10.3::gentoo, installed)
                    ^^^^^                                                                                                 

NOTE: Use the '--verbose-conflicts' option to display parents omitted above

not be installed simultaneously.

* Error: The above package list contains packages which cannot be
 * installed at the same time on the same system.

(x11-proto/scrnsaverproto-1.2.2-r1:0/0::gentoo, installed) pulled in by
    x11-proto/scrnsaverproto required by (net-im/pidgin-2.12.0:0/2::gentoo, installed)
    >=x11-proto/scrnsaverproto-1.2.2-r1[abi_x86_32(-)?,abi_x86_64(-)?,abi_x86_x32(-)?,abi_mips_n32(-)?,abi_mips_n64(-)?,abi_mips_o32(-)?,
abi_ppc_32(-)?,abi_ppc_64(-)?, abi_s390_32(-)?,abi_s390_64(-)?] (>=x11-proto/scrnsaverproto-1.2.2-r1[abi_x86_32(-),abi_x86_64(-)]) required by (x11-libs/libXScrnSaver-1.2.2-r1:0/0::gentoo, installed)
    x11-proto/scrnsaverproto required by (x11-misc/xscreensaver-5.38:0/0::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge)
    >=x11-proto/scrnsaverproto-1.1 required by (x11-base/xorg-server-1.19.5-r1:0/1.19.5::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge)

(x11-base/xorg-proto-2018.4:0/0::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge) pulled in by
    x11-base/xorg-proto required by (x11-proto/compositeproto-0.4.2-r2:0/0::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge)
    x11-base/xorg-proto required by (x11-proto/trapproto-3.4.3-r1:0/0::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge)
    x11-base/xorg-proto required by (x11-proto/presentproto-1.1-r1:0/0::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge)
    x11-base/xorg-proto required by (x11-proto/glproto-1.4.17-r2:0/0::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge)
    x11-base/xorg-proto required by (x11-proto/renderproto-0.11.1-r2:0/0::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge)
    x11-base/xorg-proto required by (x11-proto/xextproto-7.3.0-r1:0/0::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge)
    x11-base/xorg-proto required by (x11-proto/videoproto-2.3.3-r1:0/0::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge)
    x11-base/xorg-proto required by (x11-proto/dri3proto-1.0-r1:0/0::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge)
    x11-base/xorg-proto required by (x11-proto/fixesproto-5.0-r2:0/0::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge)
    x11-base/xorg-proto required by (x11-proto/xcmiscproto-1.2.2-r1:0/0::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge)
    x11-base/xorg-proto required by (x11-proto/xf86dgaproto-2.1-r3:0/0::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge)
    x11-base/xorg-proto required by (x11-proto/xproto-7.0.31-r1:0/0::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge)
    x11-base/xorg-proto required by (x11-proto/xf86miscproto-0.9.3-r1:0/0::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge)
    x11-base/xorg-proto required by (x11-proto/xineramaproto-1.2.1-r2:0/0::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge)
    x11-base/xorg-proto required by (x11-proto/fontsproto-2.1.3-r1:0/0::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge)
    x11-base/xorg-proto required by (x11-proto/inputproto-2.3.2-r1:0/0::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge)
    x11-base/xorg-proto required by (x11-proto/xf86vidmodeproto-2.3.1-r2:0/0::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge)
    x11-base/xorg-proto required by (x11-proto/kbproto-1.0.7-r1:0/0::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge)
    x11-base/xorg-proto required by (x11-proto/bigreqsproto-1.1.2-r1:0/0::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge)
    x11-base/xorg-proto required by (x11-proto/damageproto-1.2.1-r2:0/0::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge)
    x11-base/xorg-proto required by (x11-proto/xf86driproto-2.1.1-r2:0/0::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge)
    x11-base/xorg-proto required by (x11-proto/resourceproto-1.2.0-r1:0/0::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge)
    x11-base/xorg-proto required by (x11-proto/randrproto-1.5.0-r1:0/0::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge)
    x11-base/xorg-proto required by (x11-proto/recordproto-1.14.2-r2:0/0::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge)
    x11-base/xorg-proto required by (x11-proto/dri2proto-2.8-r2:0/0::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge)
    x11-base/xorg-proto required by (x11-proto/xf86bigfontproto-1.2.0-r2:0/0::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge)

For more information about Blocked Packages, please refer to the following
section of the Gentoo Linux x86 Handbook (architecture is irrelevant):

https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Handbook:X86/Working/Portage#Blocked_packages

The following USE changes are necessary to proceed:
 (see "package.use" in the portage(5) man page for more details)
# required by dev-python/PyQt5-5.9.2::gentoo
# required by app-portage/elogviewer-2.7-r1::gentoo
# required by @selected
# required by @world (argument)
>=dev-python/sip-4.19.8 python_targets_python3_4
# required by dev-qt/qtscript-4.8.7::gentoo
# required by dev-qt/qtgui-4.8.7::gentoo
# required by app-office/libreoffice-5.4.5.1::gentoo[kde]
# required by @selected
>=dev-qt/qtcore-4.8.7-r4:4 abi_x86_32
# required by virtual/libusb-0-r2::gentoo
# required by app-crypt/gnupg-2.2.5-r1::gentoo
# required by mail-filter/spamassassin-3.4.1-r20::gentoo
# required by mail-filter/spamassassin-botnet-0.8-r1::gentoo
# required by @selected
>=dev-libs/libusb-compat-0.1.5-r2 abi_x86_32

Would you like to add these changes to your config files? [Yes/No]

Code:
Autounmask changes successfully written.

* IMPORTANT: 5 config files in '/etc/portage' need updating.
 * See the CONFIGURATION FILES and CONFIGURATION FILES UPDATE TOOLS
 * sections of the emerge man page to learn how to update config files.

* In order to avoid wasting time, backtracking has terminated early
 * due to the above autounmask change(s). The --autounmask-backtrack=y
 * option can be used to force further backtracking, but there is no
 * guarantee that it will produce a solution.

emerge: there are no ebuilds to satisfy ">=sys-libs/zlib-1.2.8-r1:0/0=[abi_x86_32(-),abi_x86_64(-)]".
(dependency required by "media-libs/libpng-1.6.29::gentoo" [installed])
(dependency required by "dev-java/icedtea-bin-3.7.0::gentoo[-headless-awt,-multilib]" [ebuild])
(dependency required by "@selected" [set])
(dependency required by "@world" [argument])

emerge: there are no ebuilds to satisfy ">=app-pda/libplist-1.8:0/3=".
(dependency required by "app-pda/ifuse-1.1.3::gentoo" [installed])

emerge: there are no ebuilds to satisfy ">=app-pda/libplist-1.11:0/3=".
(dependency required by "app-pda/libusbmuxd-1.0.9::gentoo" [installed])
(dependency required by "app-pda/libimobiledevice-1.2.0::gentoo" [installed])
(dependency required by "app-pda/ifuse-1.1.3::gentoo" [installed])

emerge: there are no ebuilds to satisfy ">=sys-libs/zlib-1.2.8-r1:0/0=[abi_x86_32(-),abi_x86_64(-)]".
(dependency required by "x11-libs/libpciaccess-0.13.4::gentoo" [installed])
(dependency required by "x11-libs/libdrm-2.4.88::gentoo" [installed])
(dependency required by "x11-base/xorg-server-1.19.5-r1::gentoo" [ebuild])
(dependency required by "x11-drivers/xf86-input-libinput-0.25.1::gentoo" [installed])
(dependency required by "xfce-base/xfce4-settings-4.12.0-r2::gentoo[input_devices_libinput]" [installed])
(dependency required by "xfce-base/xfce4-meta-4.12-r1::gentoo" [installed])

emerge: there are no ebuilds to satisfy "x11-libs/libxcb:0/1.11.1=[abi_x86_64(-)]".
(dependency required by "x11-libs/xcb-util-keysyms-0.4.0::gentoo" [installed])
(dependency required by "media-video/vlc-2.2.8-r1::gentoo[xcb]" [installed])
(dependency required by "media-libs/phonon-vlc-0.9.1-r1::gentoo" [installed])
(dependency required by "media-libs/phonon-4.9.1-r1::gentoo[vlc]" [installed])
(dependency required by "kde-frameworks/knotifyconfig-5.43.0::gentoo[phonon]" [ebuild])
(dependency required by "kde-plasma/plasma-workspace-5.11.5-r1::gentoo" [installed])
(dependency required by "virtual/notification-daemon-0::gentoo[kde]" [installed])
(dependency required by "gnome-extra/nm-applet-1.8.6::gentoo" [installed])
(dependency required by "net-misc/networkmanager-openvpn-1.8.0-r1::gentoo[gtk]" [installed])

emerge: there are no ebuilds to satisfy ">=x11-libs/libxcb-1.9.1:0/1.11.1=[abi_x86_64(-)]".
(dependency required by "x11-libs/xcb-util-0.4.0::gentoo" [installed])
(dependency required by "x11-libs/xcb-util-image-0.4.0::gentoo" [installed])
(dependency required by "dev-qt/qtgui-5.9.4-r3::gentoo[xcb]" [ebuild])
(dependency required by "kde-frameworks/kconfig-5.43.0::gentoo" [ebuild])
(dependency required by "kde-frameworks/kio-5.43.0-r1::gentoo" [ebuild])
(dependency required by "kde-frameworks/kdelibs4support-5.43.0::gentoo" [ebuild])
(dependency required by "dev-vcs/subversion-1.9.7-r1::gentoo[kwallet]" [ebuild])
(dependency required by "net-analyzer/nmap-7.70::gentoo[nmap-update]" [ebuild])

emerge: there are no ebuilds to satisfy ">=x11-libs/libxcb-1.9.1:0/1.11.1=[abi_x86_64(-)]".
(dependency required by "x11-libs/xcb-util-renderutil-0.3.9-r1::gentoo" [installed])
(dependency required by "kde-frameworks/knotifyconfig-5.43.0::gentoo[phonon]" [ebuild])
(dependency required by "kde-plasma/plasma-workspace-5.11.5-r1::gentoo" [installed])
(dependency required by "virtual/notification-daemon-0::gentoo[kde]" [installed])
(dependency required by "net-misc/networkmanager-openvpn-1.8.0-r1::gentoo[gtk]" [installed])

(dependency required by "x11-libs/xcb-util-image-0.4.0::gentoo" [installed])

(dependency required by "x11-libs/xcb-util-wm-0.4.1-r1::gentoo" [installed])

emerge: there are no ebuilds to satisfy ">=sys-libs/zlib-1.2.7:0/0=".
(dependency required by "app-text/ghostscript-gpl-9.21::gentoo" [installed])
(dependency required by "net-print/cups-filters-1.17.9::gentoo[postscript]" [installed])

emerge: there are no ebuilds to satisfy ">=sys-apps/lm_sensors-3.1.0:0/0=".
(dependency required by "xfce-extra/xfce4-sensors-plugin-1.2.6::gentoo" [installed])

emerge: there are no ebuilds to satisfy ">=app-pda/libplist-1.8:0/3=".
(dependency required by "app-pda/ideviceinstaller-1.0.1::gentoo" [installed])

emerge: there are no ebuilds to satisfy "x11-base/xorg-server:0/1.19.2=".
(dependency required by "x11-drivers/xf86-input-mouse-1.9.2::gentoo" [installed])
(dependency required by "x11-base/xorg-drivers-1.19::gentoo[input_devices_mouse]" [installed])
(dependency required by "x11-base/xorg-server-1.19.5-r1::gentoo[xorg]" [ebuild])
(dependency required by "x11-drivers/xf86-input-libinput-0.25.1::gentoo" [installed])
(dependency required by "xfce-base/xfce4-settings-4.12.0-r2::gentoo[input_devices_libinput]" [installed])

(dependency required by "x11-drivers/xf86-input-keyboard-1.9.0::gentoo" [installed])
(dependency required by "x11-base/xorg-drivers-1.19::gentoo[input_devices_keyboard]" [installed])
(dependency required by "x11-base/xorg-server-1.19.5-r1::gentoo[xorg]" [ebuild])

emerge: there are no ebuilds to satisfy "x11-base/xorg-server:0/1.19.3=".
(dependency required by "x11-base/xorg-drivers-1.19::gentoo[input_devices_libinput]" [installed])
(dependency required by "x11-drivers/xf86-input-mouse-1.9.2::gentoo" [installed])

(dependency required by "x11-drivers/xf86-video-intel-2.99.917_p20170313::gentoo" [installed])
(dependency required by "x11-base/xorg-drivers-1.19::gentoo[video_cards_intel,video_cards_i915,-video_cards_i965]" [installed])

(dependency required by "x11-drivers/xf86-video-ati-7.9.0::gentoo" [installed])
(dependency required by "x11-base/xorg-drivers-1.19::gentoo[video_cards_radeon]" [installed])

emerge: there are no ebuilds to satisfy "sys-libs/zlib:0/0=[abi_x86_64(-)]".
(dependency required by "net-libs/neon-0.30.2::gentoo" [installed])
(dependency required by "app-office/libreoffice-5.4.5.1::gentoo" [installed])

emerge: there are no ebuilds to satisfy "sys-libs/zlib:0/0=".
(dependency required by "net-libs/serf-1.3.8::gentoo" [installed])
(dependency required by "dev-vcs/subversion-1.9.7-r1::gentoo[http]" [ebuild])
(dependency required by "net-analyzer/nmap-7.70::gentoo[nmap-update]" [ebuild])

(dependency required by "x11-drivers/xf86-video-siliconmotion-1.7.9::gentoo" [installed])

emerge: there are no ebuilds to satisfy ">=app-pda/libplist-1.0:0/3=".
(dependency required by "media-libs/libgpod-0.8.3-r2::gentoo" [installed])
(dependency required by "app-pda/gtkpod-2.1.5::gentoo" [installed])

emerge: there are no ebuilds to satisfy "sys-libs/ncurses:0/5=".
(dependency required by "app-portage/ufed-0.92::gentoo" [installed])

emerge: there are no ebuilds to satisfy ">=sys-libs/ncurses-5.7-r7:0/5=".
(dependency required by "sys-process/psmisc-22.21-r3::gentoo" [installed])
(dependency required by "@system" [set])

!!! All ebuilds that could satisfy "~dev-qt/qtcore-4.8.7[aqua=,debug=,glib=,qt3support=,abi_x86_32(-)?,abi_x86_64(-)?,abi_x86_x32(-)?,abi_mips_n32(-)?,
abi_mips_n64(-)?,abi_mips_o32(-)?, abi_ppc_32(-)?,abi_ppc_64(-)?,abi_s390_32(-)?,abi_s390_64(-)?]" have been masked.
!!! One of the following masked packages is required to complete your request:
- dev-qt/qtcore-4.8.7-r4::gentoo (masked by: )

(dependency required by "dev-qt/qtgui-4.8.7::gentoo" [installed])
(dependency required by "dev-qt/qt3support-4.8.7::gentoo" [installed])
For more information, see the MASKED PACKAGES section in the emerge
man page or refer to the Gentoo Handbook.

So it says 4.8.7 is being masked but it doesn't indicate what is masking it?

I would really appreciate if someone can step me through this as I am at a total loss now. I've been going around in circles for a couple of weeks now. Thanks as always.

Mod edit: Long lines split to preserve Forum formatting. — JRG
Mod edit: Shorter split. --pjp
Budoka
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Code:
--- /etc/portage/package.keywords       2018-03-23 12:01:42.086216587 +0900
+++ /etc/portage/._cfg0001_package.keywords     2018-03-24 12:34:22.290977013 +0900
@@ -39,3 +39,12 @@
 x11-libs/libgxim ~amd64
 x11-plugins/pidgin-gpg ~amd64
 xfce-extra/xfce4-alsa-plugin ~amd64
+# required by dev-qt/qtdbus-5.9.4::gentoo
+# required by dev-qt/qtgui-5.9.4-r1::gentoo
+# required by @selected
+# required by @world (argument)
+=dev-qt/qtcore-5.9.4-r2 ~amd64
+# required by dev-qt/qtgui-5.9.4-r1::gentoo
+# required by @selected
+=dev-qt/qtdbus-5.9.4 ~amd64

>> (1 of 2) -- /etc/portage/package.keywords
>> q quit, h help, n next, e edit-new, z zap-new, u use-new
   m merge, t toggle-merge, l look-merge:

Code:
--- /etc/portage/package.use    2018-03-20 11:29:58.091448487 +0900
+++ /etc/portage/._cfg0002_package.use  2018-03-26 11:38:25.406988022 +0900
@@ -259,3 +259,21 @@
 x11-proto/xineramaproto abi_x86_32
 x11-proto/xproto abi_x86_32
 xfce-extra/xfce4-sensors-plugin lm_sensors hddtemp
+# required by dev-python/PyQt5-5.9.2::gentoo
+# required by app-portage/elogviewer-2.7-r1::gentoo
+# required by @selected
+>=dev-python/sip-4.19.8 python_targets_python3_4
+# required by dev-qt/qtscript-4.8.7::gentoo
+# required by dev-qt/qtgui-4.8.7::gentoo
+# required by app-office/libreoffice-5.4.5.1::gentoo[kde]
+# required by @selected
+>=dev-qt/qtcore-4.8.7-r4:4 abi_x86_32
+# required by virtual/libusb-0-r2::gentoo
+# required by app-crypt/gnupg-2.2.5-r1::gentoo
+# required by mail-filter/spamassassin-3.4.1-r20::gentoo
+# required by mail-filter/spamassassin-botnet-0.8-r1::gentoo
+# required by @selected
+>=dev-libs/libusb-compat-0.1.5-r2 abi_x86_32

[Moderator edit: changed [quote] tags to [code] tags to preserve output layout. -Hu]
ct85711
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

(media-libs/x264-0.0.20170701:0/152::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge) pulled in by

media-libs/x264:0/148= required by (media-video/vlc-2.2.8-r1:0/5-8::gentoo, installed)
^^^^^^^

For these types of issues, the easy way to work through them, is to add all of the packages it mentions on the same emerge line; so something like
Code:
emerge -1a x264 vlc

For this one, it is going to complain about 1 additional package to add to that line (hence will have 3 packages). You do the same thing for the other ones... You could use the --verbose-conflicts to show all of the packages...
Note: Be sure to use -1 (--oneshot) to avoid polluting your world file).

Code:

These are similar to the above portion, often caused by updates not being done on a timely fashion. Either way, you could solve a good portion of them easily enough by doing the same set of steps...

Code:
x11-libs/libgxim ~amd64

It is not recommended to mix stable and unstable branches, this often leads to conflicts in dependencies. So it is advised that you avoid unmasking packages when possible.
Budoka
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ct85711 wrote:
Quote:

^^^^^^^

For these types of issues, the easy way to work through them, is to add all of the packages it mentions on the same emerge line; so something like
Code:
emerge -1a x264 vlc

For this one, it is going to complain about 1 additional package to add to that line (hence will have 3 packages). You do the same thing for the other ones... You could use the --verbose-conflicts to show all of the packages...

Code:

These are similar to the above portion, often caused by updates not being done on a timely fashion. Either way, you could solve a good portion of them easily enough by doing the same set of steps...

Code:
x11-libs/libgxim ~amd64

It is not recommended to mix stable and unstable branches, this often leads to conflicts in dependencies. So it is advised that you avoid unmasking packages when possible.

Thank you for the reply. OK. I'll start with that. Just as a quick note. I do updates daily. So not sure how it got like that.

I also only unmask packages if prompted by portage to do so. In a nutshell I generally as a rule only make changes to config files if explicitly instructed to do so in an emerge message. This is part of my confusion because I keep getting prompted to accept keywords for both QT4.x and QT5.x whenever trying to update.
ct85711
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I also only unmask packages if prompted by portage to do so. In a nutshell I generally as a rule only make changes to config files if explicitly instructed to do so in an emerge message. This is part of my confusion because I keep getting prompted to accept keywords for both QT4.x and QT5.x whenever trying to update.

This part will get you into more trouble than not, as portage is not always right. There has been several times, portage wants you to keyword a -9999 package when you should NOT do so (those packages should ONLY be used if you specifically need to, and it's a thing of you pick up the pieces when it breaks). I know qt4 support has been getting removed, so keywording qt4 isn't going to help you when it will end up getting masked/removed... Even then, qt is one of the packages that you need to update all of the QT packages at the same time, so only updating some and not others will also cause you more problems.
Budoka
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ct85711 wrote:
Quote:

^^^^^^^

Code:
emerge -1a x264 vlc

Code:

Code:
x11-libs/libgxim ~amd64

OK. I spent a couple of says doing this and am now back at the original problem I had with QT slot conflict.

Code:
# emerge --depclean

* Always study the list of packages to be cleaned for any obvious
 * mistakes. Packages that are part of the world set will always
 * be kept.  They can be manually added to this set with
 * `emerge --noreplace <atom>`.  Packages that are listed in
 * package.provided (see portage(5)) will be removed by
 * depclean, even if they are part of the world set.
 * As a safety measure, depclean will not remove any packages
 * unless *all* required dependencies have been resolved.  As a
 * consequence of this, it often becomes necessary to run
 * `emerge --update --newuse --deep @world` prior to depclean.

* Dependencies could not be completely resolved due to
 * the following required packages not being installed:
 *   ~dev-qt/qtcore-5.9.4 pulled in by:
 *     dev-qt/designer-5.9.4
 *   >=dev-qt/qtsql-5.9.1:5 pulled in by:
 *     dev-qt/qtwebkit-5.9.1
 *   ~dev-qt/qtconcurrent-5.9.4 pulled in by:
 *     dev-qt/qtbluetooth-5.9.4
 *     dev-qt/qtvirtualkeyboard-5.9.4
 *     dev-qt/qtopengl-5.9.4
 *   >=dev-qt/qtxml-5.9.3:5 pulled in by:
 *     dev-python/PyQt5-5.9.2
 *   >=sys-libs/zlib-1.2.8-r1:0/0=[abi_x86_32(-),abi_x86_64(-)] pulled in by:
 *     media-libs/tiff-4.0.8
 *   app-arch/snappy:0/0= pulled in by:
 *     dev-libs/leveldb-1.18-r2
 *     dev-qt/qtprintsupport-5.9.4
 *     dev-qt/qtxmlpatterns-5.9.4
 *   >=dev-qt/qtdbus-5.9.3:5 pulled in by:
 *   >=sys-libs/zlib-1.2.8-r1:0/0=[abi_x86_64(-)] pulled in by:
 *     media-libs/libpng-1.2.57
 *     dev-qt/qtx11extras-5.9.4
 *     dev-qt/qtscript-5.9.4
 *     dev-qt/qtdeclarative-5.9.4
 *   ~dev-qt/qtxml-5.9.4 pulled in by:
 *     dev-qt/designer-5.9.4
 *   ~dev-qt/qtxml-5.9.4 pulled in by:
 *     dev-qt/linguist-tools-5.9.4
 *     dev-qt/linguist-tools-5.9.4
 *   >=dev-qt/qtcore-5.9.4-r1:5/5.9 pulled in by:
 *     dev-qt/qtsvg-5.9.4-r1
 *   >=dev-haskell/transformers-0.4:0/0.4.3.0= pulled in by:
 *     dev-haskell/mtl-2.2.1-r1
 *   ~dev-qt/qttest-5.9.4 pulled in by:
 *     dev-qt/qtdeclarative-5.9.4
 *     dev-qt/qtgraphicaleffects-5.9.4
 *   >=dev-qt/qtcore-5.9.1:5[icu] pulled in by:
 *     dev-qt/qtwebkit-5.9.1
 *     dev-qt/qtquickcontrols2-5.9.4
 *     dev-qt/qtwayland-5.9.4-r1
 *   ~dev-qt/qtdbus-5.9.4 pulled in by:
 *     dev-qt/qtnetwork-5.9.4
 *     dev-qt/qtwidgets-5.9.4-r1
 *     dev-qt/qtgui-5.9.4-r1
 *   >=dev-qt/qtcore-5.9.3:5 pulled in by:
 *   >=app-eselect/eselect-java-0.4.0 pulled in by:
 *     dev-java/icedtea-bin-3.6.0
 *     dev-qt/qtquickcontrols-5.9.4
 *   >=dev-libs/gmp-5:0/0= pulled in by:
 *     dev-lang/ghc-7.10.3
 *     dev-qt/qtgui-5.9.4-r1
 *     dev-qt/qtnetwork-5.9.4
 * Have you forgotten to do a complete update prior to depclean? The
 * most comprehensive command for this purpose is as follows:
 *   emerge --update --newuse --deep --with-bdeps=y @world
 * Note that the --with-bdeps=y option is not required in many
 * situations. Refer to the emerge manual page (run `man emerge`)
 * for more information about --with-bdeps.
 * Also, note that it may be necessary to manually uninstall
 * packages that no longer exist in the portage tree, since it may
 * not be possible to satisfy their dependencies.

[Moderator edit: changed [quote] tags to [code] tags to preserve output layout. -Hu]
Chiitoo
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 12:28 pm    Post subject: ><)))°€ Reply with quote

I'd say do not give up!

It's almost certainly fixable, whatever it is that is bugging you here.

My first guess would be accepting keywords, especially so after reading you did it only because of Portage suggesting it. As ct85711 mentioned, mixing 'stable' and 'unstable' is not recommended, and indeed is often a cause for a lot of issues since an unstable package will usually require another unstable package, while a lot of stable packages might not be happy with said unstable package. :]

From that, I'd first probably suggest getting rid of the unmaskings that you don't know you need. If there is nothing specific you want to have unmasked, the list should be empty for a 'stable' amd64 profile.

Reading on, it seems you might have gotten past those issues, and back to the Qt one, but my recommendation still holds: clean up those accepted keywords and other possible unmasks or they may well come bite you soon again. (Don't outright delete them, as they might be useful to refer to. I'd move them somewhere safe, out of the way.)

As for the Qt issues, as ct85711 also mentioned, they really want to be of the same version, so something like this is a pretty good way to grab them all up:

Code:
emerge -1a $(qlist -CI dev-qt/*)

asturm
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the meantime, Qt-5.9.4 was stabilised so partial keywording mess is not relevant there anymore. So run `emerge --sync`. Also, portage is talking to you what it needs in order for the --depclean to succeed:

Code:
* emerge --update --newuse --deep --with-bdeps=y @world

Your world file may be infinitely polluted also which is often the cause of blockers.
Budoka
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

asturm wrote:
In the meantime, Qt-5.9.4 was stabilised so partial keywording mess is not relevant there anymore. So run `emerge --sync`. Also, portage is talking to you what it needs in order for the --depclean to succeed:

Code:
* emerge --update --newuse --deep --with-bdeps=y @world

Your world file may be infinitely polluted also which is often the cause of blockers.

Yes, I understand that but it fails.
Budoka
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 3:00 am    Post subject: Re: ><)))°€ Reply with quote

Chiitoo wrote:
I'd say do not give up!

It's almost certainly fixable, whatever it is that is bugging you here.

My first guess would be accepting keywords, especially so after reading you did it only because of Portage suggesting it. As ct85711 mentioned, mixing 'stable' and 'unstable' is not recommended, and indeed is often a cause for a lot of issues since an unstable package will usually require another unstable package, while a lot of stable packages might not be happy with said unstable package. :]

From that, I'd first probably suggest getting rid of the unmaskings that you don't know you need. If there is nothing specific you want to have unmasked, the list should be empty for a 'stable' amd64 profile.

Reading on, it seems you might have gotten past those issues, and back to the Qt one, but my recommendation still holds: clean up those accepted keywords and other possible unmasks or they may well come bite you soon again. (Don't outright delete them, as they might be useful to refer to. I'd move them somewhere safe, out of the way.)

As for the Qt issues, as ct85711 also mentioned, they really want to be of the same version, so something like this is a pretty good way to grab them all up:

Code:
emerge -1a $(qlist -CI dev-qt/*)

There actually isn't anything being unmasked in package.unmask.
Code:
# cat package.unmask
# required by perl-Module-Build (argument)
# /usr/portage/profiles/package.mask:
# Andreas K. Huettel <dilfridge@gentoo.org> (14 Jun 2015)
# The CGI, Module::Build, and Module::Pluggable modules have been
# removed from the core Perl distribution and as package now reside
# in the dev-perl category. This means the corresponding virtuals
# are not needed anymore and will be removed in 30 days.
# * If you have any of these virtuals installed, uninstall
#   (depclean) them.
# * If the virtuals are required by some overlay package, that is
#   a bug in the overlay; the overlay ebuild should now depend on
#   the new dev-perl ebuild.
#=virtual/perl-Module-Build-0.420.500-r2
# required by acroread-asianfonts (argument)
# Andreas K. Hüttel <dilfridge@gentoo.org> (19 Feb 2017)
# Dead upstream for >3 years. Closed source. Bundles outdated
# libraries that certainly have known security issues (e.g.,
# icu-36 (!) or curl). Use at your own risk.
#=media-fonts/acroread-asianfonts-9.1
# required by acroread (argument)
# Andreas K. Hüttel <dilfridge@gentoo.org> (19 Feb 2017)
# Dead upstream for >3 years. Closed source. Bundles outdated
# libraries that certainly have known security issues (e.g.,
# icu-36 (!) or curl). Use at your own risk.
#=app-text/acroread-9.5.5-r3
# required by kde-apps/libkonq:4/16.08 (argument)
# Andreas Sturmlechner <asturm@gentoo.org> (06 May 2017)
# Follow-up to 16.12.3 stabilisation - the remaining split
# kde-baseapps are now either part of konqueror:5 or obsolete.
# Masked for removal in 30 days.
# required by capi4k-utils (argument)
# Michał Górny <mgorny@gentoo.org> (05 Jun 2017)
# (on behalf of Treecleaner project)
# Abandoned upstream and downstream. Reported not to work. CAPI flags
# in reverse dependencies are masked for some time already.
# Removal in 30 days. Bug #379975.
#=net-dialup/capi4k-utils-20050718-r7
# required by @selected
# Michał Górny <mgorny@gentoo.org> (28 Nov 2017)
# Replaced by split packages. Please install one of:
# - app-emulation/wine-vanilla (the only choice for stable)
# - app-emulation/wine-staging
# - app-emulation/wine-d3d9
# - app-emulation/wine-any
# For more information, please read the news item:
# https://www.gentoo.org/support/news-items/2017-04-10-split-and-slotted-wine.html
# If you really need the old ebuilds, you can use the 'wine' repository.
# Removal in 30 days.
#=app-emulation/wine-2.0

Code:
# emerge -1a $(qlist -CI dev-qt/*)

These are the packages that would be merged, in order:

[ebuild     U  ] dev-qt/qtchooser-0_p20170803 [0_p20151008]
[ebuild     U  ] dev-qt/qtcore-5.9.4-r2 [5.7.1-r3]
[ebuild     U  ] dev-qt/qtxml-5.9.4 [5.7.1]
[ebuild     U  ] dev-qt/qtconcurrent-5.9.4 [5.7.1]
[ebuild     U  ] dev-qt/qtsql-5.9.4-r1 [5.7.1-r1]
[ebuild     U  ] dev-qt/qttest-5.9.4 [5.7.1]
[ebuild     U  ] dev-qt/qtpaths-5.9.4 [5.7.1]
[ebuild     U  ] dev-qt/qtdbus-5.9.4 [5.7.1]
[ebuild     U  ] dev-qt/qdbus-5.9.4 [5.7.1]
[ebuild     U  ] dev-qt/qtgui-5.9.4-r3 [5.9.4-r1]
[ebuild   R    ] dev-qt/qtx11extras-5.9.4
[ebuild   R    ] dev-qt/qtwidgets-5.9.4-r1
[ebuild     U  ] dev-qt/qtsvg-5.9.4-r2 [5.9.4-r1]
[ebuild   R    ] dev-qt/qtprintsupport-5.9.4
[ebuild   R    ] dev-qt/qtscript-5.9.4
[ebuild   R    ] dev-qt/qtopengl-5.9.4
[ebuild   R    ] dev-qt/qt3support-4.8.7  ABI_X86="-32*"
[ebuild   R    ] dev-qt/qtnetwork-5.9.4
[ebuild   R    ] dev-qt/qtxmlpatterns-5.9.4
[ebuild   R    ] dev-qt/qtdeclarative-5.9.4
[ebuild   R    ] dev-qt/qtgraphicaleffects-5.9.4
[ebuild   R    ] dev-qt/qtquickcontrols-5.9.4
[ebuild   R    ] dev-qt/qtvirtualkeyboard-5.9.4
[ebuild   R    ] dev-qt/qtwayland-5.9.4-r1
[ebuild   R    ] dev-qt/qtwebkit-5.9.1
[ebuild   R    ] dev-qt/linguist-tools-5.9.4
[ebuild   R    ] dev-qt/designer-5.9.4
[ebuild   R    ] dev-qt/qtbluetooth-5.9.4
[ebuild   R    ] dev-qt/qtquickcontrols2-5.9.4
[ebuild  NS    ] dev-qt/qttranslations-5.9.4 [4.8.7] USE="-debug {-test}"
[blocks B      ] <dev-qt/qtcore-4.8.7-r4:4 ("<dev-qt/qtcore-4.8.7-r4:4" is blocking dev-qt/qtcore-5.9.4-r2)

dev-qt/qt3support:4

(dev-qt/qt3support-4.8.7:4/4::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge) pulled in by
    dev-qt/qt3support (Argument)

(dev-qt/qt3support-4.8.7:4/4::gentoo, installed) pulled in by
    ~dev-qt/qt3support-4.8.7[aqua=,debug=,abi_x86_32(-)?,abi_x86_64(-)?,abi_x86_x32(-)?,
abi_mips_n32(-)?,abi_mips_n64(-)?,abi_mips_o32(-)?,abi_ppc_32(-)?,abi_ppc_64(-)?,
abi_s390_32(-)?,abi_s390_64(-)?] required by (dev-qt/qtgui-4.8.7:4/4::gentoo, installed)

not be installed simultaneously. You may want to try a larger value of
the --backtrack option, such as --backtrack=30, in order to see if
that will solve this conflict automatically.

* Error: The above package list contains packages which cannot be
 * installed at the same time on the same system.

(dev-qt/qtcore-4.8.7-r3:4/4::gentoo, installed) pulled in by
    ~dev-qt/qtcore-4.8.7[aqua=,debug=,abi_x86_32(-)?,abi_x86_64(-)?,abi_x86_x32(-)?,abi_mips_n32(-)?,
abi_mips_n64(-)?,abi_mips_o32(-)?,abi_ppc_32(-)?,abi_ppc_64(-)?,abi_s390_32(-)?,abi_s390_64(-)?] (~dev-qt/qtcore-4.8.7[-aqua,-debug,abi_x86_64(-)]) required by (dev-qt/qttest-4.8.7:4/4::gentoo, installed)
    dev-qt/qtcore:4 required by (dev-vcs/subversion-1.9.7:0/0::gentoo, installed)
    >=dev-qt/qtcore-4.8.7-r2:4 required by (app-crypt/qca-2.1.3-r1:2/2::gentoo, installed)
    >=dev-qt/qtcore-4.8.7:4[qt3support?,ssl] (>=dev-qt/qtcore-4.8.7:4[qt3support,ssl]) required by (kde-frameworks/kdelibs-4.14.37:4/4.14::gentoo, installed)
    dev-qt/qtcore:4[glib] required by (sys-auth/polkit-qt-0.112.0_p20160416-r1:0/0::gentoo, installed)
    >=dev-qt/qtcore-4.8.7-r2:4 required by (media-libs/phonon-vlc-0.9.1-r1:0/0::gentoo, installed)
    >=dev-qt/qtcore-4.8.6:4[abi_x86_32(-)?,abi_x86_64(-)?,abi_x86_x32(-)?,abi_mips_n32(-)?,
abi_mips_n64(-)?,abi_mips_o32(-)?,abi_ppc_32(-)?,abi_ppc_64(-)?,abi_s390_32(-)?,abi_s390_64(-)?] (>=dev-qt/qtcore-4.8.6:4[abi_x86_32(-),abi_x86_64(-)]) required by (dev-libs/libdbusmenu-qt-0.9.3_pre20160218-r1:0/0::gentoo, installed)
    dev-qt/qtcore:4 required by (app-office/libalkimia-5.0.0:0/5::gentoo, installed)
    ~dev-qt/qtcore-4.8.7[aqua=,debug=,qt3support,abi_x86_32(-)?,abi_x86_64(-)?,abi_x86_x32(-)?,
abi_mips_n32(-)?,abi_mips_n64(-)?,abi_mips_o32(-)?,abi_ppc_32(-)?,abi_ppc_64(-)?,
abi_s390_32(-)?,abi_s390_64(-)?] (~dev-qt/qtcore-4.8.7[-aqua,-debug,qt3support,abi_x86_32(-),abi_x86_64(-)]) required by (dev-qt/qt3support-4.8.7:4/4::gentoo, installed)
    dev-qt/qtcore:4[ssl] required by (app-office/kmymoney-4.8.1.1-r1:4/4::gentoo, installed)
    ~dev-qt/qtcore-4.8.7[aqua=,debug=,abi_x86_32(-)?,abi_x86_64(-)?,abi_x86_x32(-)?,abi_mips_n32(-)?,
abi_mips_n64(-)?,abi_mips_o32(-)?,abi_ppc_32(-)?,abi_ppc_64(-)?,abi_s390_32(-)?,abi_s390_64(-)?] (~dev-qt/qtcore-4.8.7[-aqua,-debug,abi_x86_64(-)]) required by (dev-qt/qtsvg-4.8.7:4/4::gentoo, installed)
abi_mips_n64(-)?,abi_mips_o32(-)?,abi_ppc_32(-)?,abi_ppc_64(-)?,abi_s390_32(-)?,abi_s390_64(-)?] (~dev-qt/qtcore-4.8.7[-aqua,-debug,abi_x86_32(-),abi_x86_64(-)]) required by (dev-qt/qtxmlpatterns-4.8.7:4/4::gentoo, installed)
    ~dev-qt/qtcore-4.8.7[aqua=,debug=,qt3support=,abi_x86_32(-)?,abi_x86_64(-)?,abi_x86_x32(-)?,
abi_s390_32(-)?,abi_s390_64(-)?] (~dev-qt/qtcore-4.8.7[-aqua,-debug,qt3support,abi_x86_64(-)]) required by (dev-qt/qtopengl-4.8.7:4/4::gentoo, installed)
    >=dev-qt/qtcore-4.8.7-r2:4[abi_x86_32(-)?,abi_x86_64(-)?,abi_x86_x32(-)?,abi_mips_n32(-)?,
abi_mips_n64(-)?,abi_mips_o32(-)?,abi_ppc_32(-)?,abi_ppc_64(-)?,abi_s390_32(-)?,abi_s390_64(-)?] (>=dev-qt/qtcore-4.8.7-r2:4[abi_x86_64(-)]) required by (media-libs/phonon-4.9.1-r1:0/0::gentoo, installed)
    dev-qt/qtcore:4 required by (dev-libs/libattica-0.4.2:0/0::gentoo, installed)
    dev-qt/qtcore:4 required by (dev-util/automoc-0.9.88-r1:0/0::gentoo, installed)
abi_mips_n64(-)?,abi_mips_o32(-)?,abi_ppc_32(-)?,abi_ppc_64(-)?,abi_s390_32(-)?,abi_s390_64(-)?] (~dev-qt/qtcore-4.8.7[-aqua,-debug,abi_x86_32(-),abi_x86_64(-)]) required by (dev-qt/qtdbus-4.8.7:4/4::gentoo, installed)
    ~dev-qt/qtcore-4.8.7[aqua=,debug=,glib=,qt3support=,abi_x86_32(-)?,abi_x86_64(-)?,
abi_x86_x32(-)?,abi_mips_n32(-)?,abi_mips_n64(-)?,abi_mips_o32(-)?,abi_ppc_32(-)?,
abi_ppc_64(-)?,abi_s390_32(-)?,abi_s390_64(-)?] (~dev-qt/qtcore-4.8.7[-aqua,-debug,glib,qt3support,abi_x86_32(-),abi_x86_64(-)]) required by (dev-qt/qtgui-4.8.7:4/4::gentoo, installed)
    ~dev-qt/qtcore-4.8.7[aqua=,debug=,qt3support=,abi_x86_32(-)?,abi_x86_64(-)?,abi_x86_x32(-)?,
abi_s390_32(-)?,abi_s390_64(-)?] (~dev-qt/qtcore-4.8.7[-aqua,-debug,qt3support,abi_x86_64(-)]) required by (dev-qt/qtdeclarative-4.8.7:4/4::gentoo, installed)
    ~dev-qt/qtcore-4.8.7[aqua=,debug=,qt3support,abi_x86_32(-)?,abi_x86_64(-)?,abi_x86_x32(-)?,
abi_s390_32(-)?,abi_s390_64(-)?] (~dev-qt/qtcore-4.8.7[-aqua,-debug,qt3support,abi_x86_64(-)]) required by (dev-qt/qt3support-4.8.7:4/4::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge)
    ~dev-qt/qtcore-4.8.7 required by (dev-qt/qttranslations-4.8.7:4/4::gentoo, installed)
abi_s390_32(-)?,abi_s390_64(-)?] (~dev-qt/qtcore-4.8.7[-aqua,-debug,qt3support,abi_x86_32(-),abi_x86_64(-)]) required by (dev-qt/qtsql-4.8.7-r1:4/4::gentoo, installed)
abi_mips_n64(-)?,abi_mips_o32(-)?,abi_ppc_32(-)?,abi_ppc_64(-)?,abi_s390_32(-)?,abi_s390_64(-)?] (~dev-qt/qtcore-4.8.7[-aqua,-debug,abi_x86_64(-)]) required by (dev-qt/designer-4.8.7:4/4::gentoo, installed)
abi_mips_n64(-)?,abi_mips_o32(-)?,abi_ppc_32(-)?,abi_ppc_64(-)?,abi_s390_32(-)?,abi_s390_64(-)?] (~dev-qt/qtcore-4.8.7[-aqua,-debug,abi_x86_32(-),abi_x86_64(-)]) required by (dev-qt/qtscript-4.8.7:4/4::gentoo, installed)
    dev-qt/qtcore:4 required by (app-office/libreoffice-5.4.5.1:0/0::gentoo, installed)

(dev-qt/qtcore-5.9.4-r2:5/5.9::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge) pulled in by
    ~dev-qt/qtcore-5.9.4 required by (dev-qt/qdbus-5.9.4:5/5.9::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge)
    ~dev-qt/qtcore-5.9.4 required by (dev-qt/qtsql-5.9.4-r1:5/5.9::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge)
    dev-qt/qtcore
    >=dev-qt/qtcore-5.7.1:5 required by (kde-frameworks/kactivities-5.40.0:5/5.40::gentoo, installed)
    >=dev-qt/qtcore-5.7.1:5 required by (kde-frameworks/threadweaver-5.43.0:5/5.43::gentoo, installed)
    dev-qt/qtcore:5 required by (games-strategy/warzone2100-3.2.3:0/0::gentoo, installed)
    >=dev-qt/qtcore-5.7.1:5 required by (kde-frameworks/frameworkintegration-5.40.0:5/5.40::gentoo, installed)
    dev-qt/qtcore:5 required by (media-libs/phonon-vlc-0.9.1-r1:0/0::gentoo, installed)
    >=dev-qt/qtcore-5.7.1:5 required by (kde-frameworks/solid-5.40.0:5/5.40::gentoo, installed)
    dev-qt/qtcore:5 required by (dev-libs/grantlee-5.1.0:5/5::gentoo, installed)
    >=dev-qt/qtcore-5.7.1:5 required by (kde-frameworks/oxygen-icons-5.43.0:5/5.43::gentoo, installed)
    >=dev-qt/qtcore-5.7.1:5 required by (kde-frameworks/kidletime-5.40.0:5/5.40::gentoo, installed)
    >=dev-qt/qtcore-5.7.1:5 required by (kde-frameworks/kdeclarative-5.40.0:5/5.40::gentoo, installed)
    >=dev-qt/qtcore-5.7.1:5 required by (kde-frameworks/baloo-5.40.0:5/5.40::gentoo, installed)
    >=dev-qt/qtcore-5.7.1:5 required by (kde-frameworks/kcrash-5.40.0:5/5.40::gentoo, installed)
    >=dev-qt/qtcore-5.7.1:5 required by (kde-plasma/kwin-5.11.5:5/5::gentoo, installed)
    >=dev-qt/qtcore-5.7.1:5 required by (kde-frameworks/kconfigwidgets-5.40.0:5/5.40::gentoo, installed)
    >=dev-qt/qtcore-5.7.1:5 required by (kde-frameworks/breeze-icons-5.43.0:5/5.43::gentoo, installed)
    ~dev-qt/qtcore-5.9.4 required by (dev-qt/qttranslations-5.9.4:5/5.9::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge)
    >=dev-qt/qtcore-5.7.1:5 required by (kde-frameworks/knewstuff-5.40.0:5/5.40::gentoo, installed)
    >=dev-qt/qtcore-5.7.1:5 required by (kde-frameworks/plasma-5.40.0:5/5.40::gentoo, installed)
    >=dev-qt/qtcore-5.7.1:5 required by (kde-frameworks/kdnssd-5.40.0:5/5.40::gentoo, installed)
    >=dev-qt/qtcore-5.7.1:5 required by (kde-frameworks/ki18n-5.43.0:5/5.43::gentoo, installed)
    >=dev-qt/qtcore-5.7.1:5 required by (kde-frameworks/kitemmodels-5.43.0:5/5.43::gentoo, installed)
    dev-qt/qtcore:5 required by (app-crypt/qca-2.1.3-r1:2/2::gentoo, installed)
    >=dev-qt/qtcore-5.7.1:5 required by (kde-plasma/breeze-5.11.5:5/5::gentoo, installed)
    >=dev-qt/qtcore-5.7.1:5 required by (kde-frameworks/kdesignerplugin-5.40.0:5/5.40::gentoo, installed)
    >=dev-qt/qtcore-5.7.1:5 required by (kde-frameworks/kglobalaccel-5.40.0:5/5.40::gentoo, installed)
    dev-qt/qtcore:5 required by (app-text/poppler-0.62.0-r1:0/73::gentoo, installed)
    >=dev-qt/qtcore-5.7.1:5 required by (kde-frameworks/kjsembed-5.40.0:5/5.40::gentoo, installed)
    >=dev-qt/qtcore-5.7.1:5 required by (kde-plasma/kscreenlocker-5.11.5:5/5::gentoo, installed)
    >=dev-qt/qtcore-5.7.1:5 required by (kde-frameworks/attica-5.40.0:5/5.40::gentoo, installed)
    >=dev-qt/qtcore-5.7.1:5 required by (kde-frameworks/kxmlgui-5.40.0:5/5.40::gentoo, installed)
    >=dev-qt/qtcore-5.9.4-r1:5/5.9 required by (dev-qt/qtsvg-5.9.4-r2:5/5.9::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge)
    >=dev-qt/qtcore-5.7.1:5 required by (kde-frameworks/kconfig-5.40.0:5/5.40::gentoo, installed)
    >=dev-qt/qtcore-5.7.1:5 required by (kde-frameworks/kpty-5.40.0:5/5.40::gentoo, installed)
    >=dev-qt/qtcore-5.7.1:5 required by (kde-frameworks/knotifyconfig-5.40.0:5/5.40::gentoo, installed)
    >=dev-qt/qtcore-5.7.1:5 required by (kde-frameworks/kcodecs-5.40.0:5/5.40::gentoo, installed)
    >=dev-qt/qtcore-5.7.1:5 required by (kde-plasma/kdecoration-5.11.5:5/5::gentoo, installed)
    >=dev-qt/qtcore-5.7.1:5 required by (kde-frameworks/kwayland-5.40.0:5/5.40::gentoo, installed)
    >=dev-qt/qtcore-5.7.1:5 required by (kde-frameworks/kded-5.40.0-r1:5/5.40::gentoo, installed)
    >=dev-qt/qtcore-5.9.3:5 required by (dev-python/PyQt5-5.9.2:0/0::gentoo, installed)
    ~dev-qt/qtcore-5.9.4 required by (dev-qt/qtconcurrent-5.9.4:5/5.9::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge)
    >=dev-qt/qtcore-5.7.1:5 required by (kde-frameworks/kdbusaddons-5.40.0:5/5.40::gentoo, installed)
    dev-qt/qtcore:5 required by (net-libs/telepathy-qt-0.9.7-r1:0/0::gentoo, installed)
    >=dev-qt/qtcore-5.7.1:5 required by (kde-frameworks/kiconthemes-5.40.0:5/5.40::gentoo, installed)
    >=dev-qt/qtcore-5.7.1:5 required by (kde-plasma/ksysguard-5.11.5:5/5::gentoo, installed)
    >=dev-qt/qtcore-5.7.1:5 required by (kde-plasma/plasma-workspace-5.11.5-r1:5/5::gentoo, installed)
    >=dev-qt/qtcore-5.7.1:5 required by (kde-frameworks/krunner-5.40.0:5/5.40::gentoo, installed)
    ~dev-qt/qtcore-5.9.4 required by (dev-qt/qtquickcontrols-5.9.4:5/5.9::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge)
    >=dev-qt/qtcore-5.7.1:5 required by (kde-frameworks/kdoctools-5.43.0:5/5.43::gentoo, installed)
    >=dev-qt/qtcore-5.7.1:5 required by (kde-frameworks/kitemviews-5.40.0:5/5.40::gentoo, installed)
    dev-qt/qtcore:5 required by (net-misc/dropbox-41.3.76:0/0::gentoo, installed)
    >=dev-qt/qtcore-5.7.1:5 required by (kde-frameworks/kirigami-5.40.0:5/5.40::gentoo, installed)
    >=dev-qt/qtcore-5.7.1:5 required by (kde-frameworks/sonnet-5.40.0:5/5.40::gentoo, installed)
    >=dev-qt/qtcore-5.7.1:5 required by (kde-apps/khelpcenter-17.08.3:5/5::gentoo, installed)
    >=dev-qt/qtcore-5.7.1:5 required by (kde-frameworks/kjobwidgets-5.40.0:5/5.40::gentoo, installed)
    >=dev-qt/qtcore-5.7.1:5 required by (kde-frameworks/kinit-5.40.0:5/5.40::gentoo, installed)
    >=dev-qt/qtcore-5.7.1:5 required by (kde-apps/kio-extras-17.08.3:5/5::gentoo, installed)
    ~dev-qt/qtcore-5.9.4 required by (dev-qt/qtxml-5.9.4:5/5.9::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge)
    dev-qt/qtcore:5 required by (dev-libs/libdbusmenu-qt-0.9.3_pre20160218-r1:0/0::gentoo, installed)
    >=dev-qt/qtcore-5.7.1:5 required by (kde-frameworks/syntax-highlighting-5.40.0:5/5.40::gentoo, installed)
    >=dev-qt/qtcore-5.7.1:5 required by (kde-frameworks/ktextwidgets-5.40.0:5/5.40::gentoo, installed)
    ~dev-qt/qtcore-5.9.4 required by (dev-qt/qtvirtualkeyboard-5.9.4:5/5.9::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge)
    >=dev-qt/qtcore-5.7.1:5 required by (kde-frameworks/kpackage-5.40.0:5/5.40::gentoo, installed)
    >=dev-qt/qtcore-5.7.1:5 required by (kde-frameworks/kunitconversion-5.40.0:5/5.40::gentoo, installed)
    ~dev-qt/qtcore-5.9.4 required by (dev-qt/qtprintsupport-5.9.4:5/5.9::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge)
    >=dev-qt/qtcore-5.9.1:5[icu] required by (dev-qt/qtwebkit-5.9.1:5/5.9::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge)
    dev-qt/qtcore:5 required by (sys-auth/polkit-qt-0.112.0_p20160416-r1:0/0::gentoo, installed)
    >=dev-qt/qtcore-5.7.1:5 required by (kde-frameworks/kguiaddons-5.43.0:5/5.43::gentoo, installed)
    >=dev-qt/qtcore-5.7.1:5 required by (kde-frameworks/kauth-5.40.0:5/5.40::gentoo, installed)
    ~dev-qt/qtcore-5.9.4 required by (dev-qt/qtquickcontrols2-5.9.4:5/5.9::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge)
    >=dev-qt/qtcore-5.7.1:5 required by (kde-frameworks/kdesu-5.40.0:5/5.40::gentoo, installed)
    >=dev-qt/qtcore-5.7.1:5 required by (kde-frameworks/kcompletion-5.40.0:5/5.40::gentoo, installed)
    ~dev-qt/qtcore-5.9.4 required by (dev-qt/qtbluetooth-5.9.4:5/5.9::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge)
    >=dev-qt/qtcore-5.7.1:5 required by (kde-apps/libkipi-17.08.3:5/32::gentoo, installed)
    ~dev-qt/qtcore-5.9.4 required by (dev-qt/linguist-tools-5.9.4:5/5.9::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge)
    >=dev-qt/qtcore-5.7.1:5 required by (kde-frameworks/kdelibs4support-5.40.0:5/5.40::gentoo, installed)
    dev-qt/qtcore:5 required by (app-i18n/mozc-2.20.2673.102:0/0::gentoo, installed)
    >=dev-qt/qtcore-5.7.1:5 required by (kde-plasma/kactivitymanagerd-5.11.5:5/5::gentoo, installed)
    ~dev-qt/qtcore-5.9.4 required by (dev-qt/qtpaths-5.9.4:5/5.9::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge)
    >=dev-qt/qtcore-5.7.1:5 required by (kde-frameworks/kwidgetsaddons-5.40.0:5/5.40::gentoo, installed)
    ~dev-qt/qtcore-5.9.4 required by (dev-qt/qtdbus-5.9.4:5/5.9::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge)
    >=dev-qt/qtcore-5.7.1:5 required by (kde-apps/kdialog-17.08.3:5/5::gentoo, installed)
    >=dev-qt/qtcore-5.7.1:5 required by (kde-frameworks/knotifications-5.40.0:5/5.40::gentoo, installed)
    >=dev-qt/qtcore-5.7.1:5 required by (kde-frameworks/kservice-5.40.0:5/5.40::gentoo, installed)
    ~dev-qt/qtcore-5.9.4 required by (dev-qt/qtwayland-5.9.4-r1:5/5.9::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge)
    ~dev-qt/qtcore-5.9.4 required by (dev-qt/qttest-5.9.4:5/5.9::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge)
    >=dev-qt/qtcore-5.7.1:5 required by (kde-frameworks/kwindowsystem-5.40.0:5/5.40::gentoo, installed)
    >=dev-qt/qtcore-5.7.1:5 required by (kde-plasma/polkit-kde-agent-5.11.5:5/5::gentoo, installed)
    >=dev-qt/qtcore-5.7.1:5[icu] required by (kde-frameworks/kcoreaddons-5.43.0:5/5.43::gentoo, installed)
    >=dev-qt/qtcore-5.7.1:5 required by (kde-plasma/plasma-integration-5.11.5:5/5::gentoo, installed)
    >=dev-qt/qtcore-5.7.1:5 required by (kde-frameworks/kio-5.40.0-r3:5/5.40::gentoo, installed)
    ~dev-qt/qtcore-5.9.4 required by (dev-qt/qtopengl-5.9.4:5/5.9::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge)
    >=dev-qt/qtcore-5.7.1:5 required by (kde-apps/kholidays-17.08.3:5/5::gentoo, installed)
    >=dev-qt/qtcore-5.7.1:5 required by (kde-frameworks/kwallet-5.40.0:5/5.40::gentoo, installed)
    >=dev-qt/qtcore-5.7.1:5 required by (kde-frameworks/ktexteditor-5.40.0:5/5.40::gentoo, installed)
    >=dev-qt/qtcore-5.7.1:5 required by (kde-frameworks/kfilemetadata-5.40.0:5/5.40::gentoo, installed)
    ~dev-qt/qtcore-5.9.4 required by (dev-qt/qtscript-5.9.4:5/5.9::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge)
    >=dev-qt/qtcore-5.7.1:5 required by (kde-plasma/kde-cli-tools-5.11.5:5/5::gentoo, installed)
    ~dev-qt/qtcore-5.9.4 required by (dev-qt/qtx11extras-5.9.4:5/5.9::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge)
    dev-qt/qtcore:5 required by (media-libs/phonon-4.9.1-r1:0/0::gentoo, installed)
    >=dev-qt/qtcore-5.7.1:5 required by (kde-frameworks/kemoticons-5.40.0:5/5.40::gentoo, installed)
    ~dev-qt/qtcore-5.9.4 required by (dev-qt/qtxmlpatterns-5.9.4:5/5.9::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge)
    ~dev-qt/qtcore-5.9.4 required by (dev-qt/qtdeclarative-5.9.4:5/5.9::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge)
    ~dev-qt/qtcore-5.9.4 required by (dev-qt/qtgui-5.9.4-r3:5/5.9::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge)
    >=dev-qt/qtcore-5.7.1:5 required by (kde-frameworks/kjs-5.43.0:5/5.43::gentoo, installed)
    >=dev-qt/qtcore-5.7.1:5 required by (kde-frameworks/khtml-5.40.0:5/5.40::gentoo, installed)
    ~dev-qt/qtcore-5.9.4 required by (dev-qt/qtwidgets-5.9.4-r1:5/5.9::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge)
    >=dev-qt/qtcore-5.7.1:5 required by (kde-frameworks/karchive-5.43.0:5/5.43::gentoo, installed)
    >=dev-qt/qtcore-5.7.1:5 required by (kde-frameworks/kcmutils-5.40.0:5/5.40::gentoo, installed)
    >=dev-qt/qtcore-5.7.1:5 required by (kde-plasma/milou-5.11.5:5/5::gentoo, installed)
    ~dev-qt/qtcore-5.9.4 required by (dev-qt/qtgraphicaleffects-5.9.4:5/5.9::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge)
    >=dev-qt/qtcore-5.7.1:5 required by (kde-frameworks/kcoreaddons-5.43.0:5/5.43::gentoo, installed)
    >=dev-qt/qtcore-5.7.1:5 required by (kde-frameworks/kparts-5.40.0:5/5.40::gentoo, installed)
    >=dev-qt/qtcore-5.7.1:5 required by (kde-plasma/libksysguard-5.11.5:5/5::gentoo, installed)
    >=dev-qt/qtcore-5.7.1:5 required by (media-plugins/kipi-plugins-5.7.0:5/5::gentoo, installed)
    >=dev-qt/qtcore-5.7.1:5 required by (kde-frameworks/kbookmarks-5.40.0:5/5.40::gentoo, installed)
    ~dev-qt/qtcore-5.9.4 required by (dev-qt/qtnetwork-5.9.4:5/5.9::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge)
    ~dev-qt/qtcore-5.9.4 required by (dev-qt/designer-5.9.4:5/5.9::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge)

[Moderator edit: broke long whitespace-free lines in code tags to fix thread layout. -Hu]
fedeliallalinea
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You tried update first packages with use flag changed?
Code:
# emerge -UD @world

asturm
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 8:21 am    Post subject: Re: ><)))°€ Reply with quote

Budoka wrote:

Whenever someone is using the term 'unmask' in the same breath with mixing 'stable and unstable', what they are really talking about is unmask by package.accept_keywords. Which leads to continuously adding more packages to package.accept_keywords and potential issues like your current one. And your package.accept_keywords file is certainly well filled, originally it contained a partial Qt unmask that certainly prevented any future upgrade with blockers galore, but this is obsolete since Qt-5.9.4 went stable. Remove those lines anyway. Your only problem wrt Qt may actually be a use flag:

Code:

This is for some reason switching to non-abi_x86_32.
Code:

~dev-qt/qt3support-4.8.7[aqua=,debug=,abi_x86_32(-)?,abi_x86_64(-)?,abi_x86_x32(-)?,
abi_s390_32(-)?,abi_s390_64(-)?] required by (dev-qt/qtgui-4.8.7:4/4::gentoo, installed)

While qtgui:4 almost certainly requires abi_x86_32 on its dependency (by an entry you made in package.use). Unfortunately you pasted non-verbose portage output so we do not see clearly where you set abi_x86_32. Unfortunately you did not disclose your choice of profile (emerge --info would have settled that) so several of your use flag choices may be wholly unnecessary or even harmful, but we can't tell without that info.

AFTER you've solved those issues, you may want to revisit your decision to set USE="qt4 -qt5" in make.conf.
NeddySeagoon
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Budoka,

I'm rather late to this party.

Quote:
My package.accept_keywords https://paste.pound-python.org/show/Qdt3ZxZGR9N1qQwSCsrm/

package.keywords has been renamed to package.accept_keywords you should not have both.
Combine everything into package.accept_keywords and rationalise what's left.
Portage will have a priority order to deal with both files being present but I don't know what it is.

Remove redundant entries too. They will only confuse you but portage won't mind.

Tidy up first, then upgrade. e.g. python_targets_python3_4 is on its way out.
Current python is python:2.7 and python:3.5
You are forcing python:3.4 to be kept. It will work until python:3.4 is removed.
Don't micro manage things you don't need to.

You are in good hands in this thread.

NeddySeagoon

Computer users fall into two groups:-
those that do backups
those that have never had a hard drive fail.
Chiitoo
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 11:04 am    Post subject: Re: ><)))°€ Reply with quote

Budoka wrote:

While indeed I noticed you had commented the items out in that file, it was more of a general remark for now and the future: you should not need to unmask anything unless you really know you want that thing.

That, and like asturm mentioned, keywords was part of it as well (masked by keyword). :]
Budoka
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:49 pm    Post subject: Re: ><)))°€ Reply with quote

asturm wrote:
Budoka wrote:

Whenever someone is using the term 'unmask' in the same breath with mixing 'stable and unstable', what they are really talking about is unmask by package.accept_keywords. Which leads to continuously adding more packages to package.accept_keywords and potential issues like your current one. And your package.accept_keywords file is certainly well filled, originally it contained a partial Qt unmask that certainly prevented any future upgrade with blockers galore, but this is obsolete since Qt-5.9.4 went stable. Remove those lines anyway. Your only problem wrt Qt may actually be a use flag:

Code:

This is for some reason switching to non-abi_x86_32.
Code:

While qtgui:4 almost certainly requires abi_x86_32 on its dependency (by an entry you made in package.use). Unfortunately you pasted non-verbose portage output so we do not see clearly where you set abi_x86_32. Unfortunately you did not disclose your choice of profile (emerge --info would have settled that) so several of your use flag choices may be wholly unnecessary or even harmful, but we can't tell without that info.

AFTER you've solved those issues, you may want to revisit your decision to set USE="qt4 -qt5" in make.conf.

Thank you very much. I am sorry I didn't post emerge --info previously. This is it:
Code:
$ emerge --info
Portage 2.3.19 (python 3.5.4-final-0, default/linux/amd64/17.0/desktop/plasma, gcc-6.4.0, glibc-2.25-r11, 4.9.76-gentoo-r1 x86_64)
=================================================================
System uname: Linux-4.9.76-gentoo-r1-x86_64-Intel-R-_Core-TM-_i7-2675QM_CPU_@_2.20GHz-with-gentoo-2.4.1
KiB Mem:     8091924 total,    445980 free
KiB Swap:    9437180 total,   9436572 free
Timestamp of repository gentoo: Tue, 10 Apr 2018 00:45:01 +0000
Head commit of repository gentoo: 25f44e4cfcad010abe80a35269a4871c56a24898
sh bash 4.4_p12
ld GNU ld (Gentoo 2.29.1 p3) 2.29.1
app-shells/bash:          4.4_p12::gentoo
dev-java/java-config:     2.2.0-r3::gentoo
dev-lang/perl:            5.24.3::gentoo
dev-lang/python:          2.7.14-r1::gentoo, 3.4.5-r1::gentoo, 3.5.4-r1::gentoo, 3.6.3-r1::gentoo
dev-util/cmake:           3.9.6::gentoo
dev-util/pkgconfig:       0.29.2::gentoo
sys-apps/baselayout:      2.4.1-r2::gentoo
sys-apps/openrc:          0.34.11::gentoo
sys-apps/sandbox:         2.12::gentoo
sys-devel/autoconf:       2.13::gentoo, 2.69-r4::gentoo
sys-devel/automake:       1.11.6-r2::gentoo, 1.15.1-r1::gentoo
sys-devel/binutils:       2.29.1-r1::gentoo
sys-devel/gcc:            6.4.0-r1::gentoo
sys-devel/gcc-config:     1.8-r1::gentoo
sys-devel/libtool:        2.4.6-r3::gentoo
sys-devel/make:           4.2.1::gentoo
sys-kernel/linux-headers: 4.13::gentoo (virtual/os-headers)
sys-libs/glibc:           2.25-r11::gentoo
Repositories:

gentoo
    sync-type: rsync
    sync-uri: rsync://rsync.gentoo.org/gentoo-portage
    priority: -1000
    sync-rsync-extra-opts:

ACCEPT_KEYWORDS="amd64"
ACCEPT_LICENSE="*"
CBUILD="x86_64-pc-linux-gnu"
CFLAGS="-O2 -march=native -pipe"
CHOST="x86_64-pc-linux-gnu"
CONFIG_PROTECT="/etc /etc/stunnel/stunnel.conf /usr/lib64/libreoffice/program/sofficerc /usr/share/config /usr/share/easy-rsa /usr/share/gnupg/qualified.txt"
CONFIG_PROTECT_MASK="/etc/ca-certificates.conf /etc/dconf /etc/env.d /etc/fonts/fonts.conf /etc/gconf /etc/gentoo-release /etc/revdep-rebuild /etc/sandbox.d /etc/terminfo"
CXXFLAGS="-O2 -march=native -pipe"
DISTDIR="/usr/portage/distfiles"
FCFLAGS="-O2 -pipe"
FEATURES="assume-digests binpkg-logs config-protect-if-modified distlocks ebuild-locks fixlafiles merge-sync multilib-strict news parallel-fetch preserve-libs protect-owned sandbox sfperms strict unknown-features-warn unmerge-logs unmerge-orphans userpriv usersandbox usersync xattr"
FFLAGS="-O2 -pipe"
GENTOO_MIRRORS="ftp://ftp-stud.hs-esslingen.de/pub/Mirrors/gentoo/ http://mirror.qubenet.net/mirror/gentoo/ http://ftp.df.lth.se/pub/gentoo/"
LANG="en_US.utf8"
LDFLAGS="-Wl,-O1 -Wl,--as-needed"
LINGUAS="en en_US ja ja_JP"
MAKEOPTS="-j8"
PKGDIR="/usr/portage/packages"
PORTAGE_CONFIGROOT="/"
PORTAGE_RSYNC_OPTS="--recursive --links --safe-links --perms --times --omit-dir-times --compress --force --whole-file --delete --stats --human-readable --timeout=180 --exclude=/distfiles --exclude=/local --exclude=/packages --exclude=/.git"
PORTAGE_TMPDIR="/var/tmp"
USE="X a52 aac acl acpi activities alsa amd64 berkdb bluetooth branding bzip2 cairo cdda cdr cli consolekit crypt cryptsetup cups cxx dbus declarative dri dts dvd dvdr emboss encode exif fam flac fortran gif glamor gphoto2 gpm gtk ibus iconv ipv6 jpeg kde kipi kwallet lcms ldap libnotify mad mng modules mp3 mp4 mpeg multilib multislot ncurses networkmanager nls nptl ogg opengl openmp pam pango pcre pdf phonon plasma png policykit ppds qml qt3support qt4 readline scim sdl seccomp semantic-desktop spell ssl startup-notification svg tcpd tiff truetype udev udisks unicode upower usb vorbis widgets wxwidgets x264 xattr xcb xcomposite xim xml xv xvid zlib" ABI_X86="64" ALSA_CARDS="ali5451 als4000 atiixp atiixp-modem bt87x ca0106 cmipci emu10k1x ens1370 ens1371 es1938 es1968 fm801 hda-intel intel8x0 intel8x0m maestro3 trident usb-audio via82xx via82xx-modem ymfpci" APACHE2_MODULES="authn_core authz_core socache_shmcb unixd actions alias auth_basic authn_alias authn_anon authn_dbm authn_default authn_file authz_dbm authz_default authz_groupfile authz_host authz_owner authz_user autoindex cache cgi cgid dav dav_fs dav_lock deflate dir disk_cache env expires ext_filter file_cache filter headers include info log_config logio mem_cache mime mime_magic negotiation rewrite setenvif speling status unique_id userdir usertrack vhost_alias" CALLIGRA_FEATURES="kexi words flow plan sheets stage tables krita karbon braindump author" COLLECTD_PLUGINS="df interface irq load memory rrdtool swap syslog" CPU_FLAGS_X86="aes avx mmx mmxext popcnt sse sse2 sse3 sse4_1 sse4_2 ssse3" ELIBC="glibc" GPSD_PROTOCOLS="ashtech aivdm earthmate evermore fv18 garmin garmintxt gpsclock isync itrax mtk3301 nmea ntrip navcom oceanserver oldstyle oncore rtcm104v2 rtcm104v3 sirf skytraq superstar2 timing tsip tripmate tnt ublox ubx" GRUB_PLATFORMS="pc" INPUT_DEVICES="libinput keyboard mouse" KERNEL="linux" LCD_DEVICES="bayrad cfontz cfontz633 glk hd44780 lb216 lcdm001 mtxorb ncurses text" LIBREOFFICE_EXTENSIONS="presenter-console presenter-minimizer" OFFICE_IMPLEMENTATION="libreoffice" PHP_TARGETS="php5-6 php7-0" POSTGRES_TARGETS="postgres9_5" PYTHON_SINGLE_TARGET="python3_5" PYTHON_TARGETS="python2_7 python3_5" RUBY_TARGETS="ruby22 ruby23" USERLAND="GNU" VIDEO_CARDS="intel i915 radeon r600" XTABLES_ADDONS="quota2 psd pknock lscan length2 ipv4options ipset ipp2p iface geoip fuzzy condition tee tarpit sysrq steal rawnat logmark ipmark dhcpmac delude chaos account"
Unset:  CC, CPPFLAGS, CTARGET, CXX, EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS, INSTALL_MASK, LC_ALL, PORTAGE_BUNZIP2_COMMAND, PORTAGE_COMPRESS, PORTAGE_COMPRESS_FLAGS, PORTAGE_RSYNC_EXTRA_OPTS
Budoka
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NeddySeagoon wrote:
Budoka,

I'm rather late to this party.

Quote:

package.keywords has been renamed to package.accept_keywords you should not have both.
Combine everything into package.accept_keywords and rationalise what's left.
Portage will have a priority order to deal with both files being present but I don't know what it is.

Remove redundant entries too. They will only confuse you but portage won't mind.

Tidy up first, then upgrade. e.g. python_targets_python3_4 is on its way out.
Current python is python:2.7 and python:3.5
You are forcing python:3.4 to be kept. It will work until python:3.4 is removed.
Don't micro manage things you don't need to.

You are in good hands in this thread.

Thanks as always Neddy. I haven't lost all hope yet but am definitely struggling with this one.

I merged and cleaned up package.keywords and package.accept_keywords as best I could and killed package.keywords as you suggested.

I'm not really understanding the python issue though. Where am I forcing my system to keep python3.4 to be kept? I saw an entry in package.use and commented it out temporarily to test but I have no way to update new use without failure. I also believe I deselected in eselect but not clear what this does system wise.
Code:
$ eselect python list
Available Python interpreters, in order of preference:
  [1]   python3.6
  [2]   python3.5
  [3]   python3.4
  [4]   python2.7 (fallback)
  [5]   jython2.7 (fallback)

Should I mask python3.4?
Budoka
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oniryczny wrote:
Hello

I had some mess when switching profiles too but for me updating portage finished on last stable one
maybe as mv mentioned mark PYTHON_TARGETS entry and see what will emerge say in that case

Hi. I don't really understand this. What do you mean by
Quote:
mark PYTHON_TARGETS entry
? Where do I do that?
Budoka
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UPDATE: Slowly but surely making progress.

So after cleaning up my use and keywords files, I ended up uninstalling all Qt components and then re-emerged. It seemed to clean up a lot...and create some new issues.

One step at a time.

SO now the only QT blockers I get are these:

Code:

dev-qt/qtcore:4

(dev-qt/qtcore-4.8.7-r4:4/4::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge) conflicts with
    ~dev-qt/qtcore-4.8.7[-aqua,-debug,abi_x86_32(-),abi_x86_64(-)] required by (dev-qt/qtdbus-4.8.7:4/4::gentoo, installed)

>=dev-qt/qtcore-4.8.6:4[abi_x86_32(-),abi_x86_64(-)] required by (dev-libs/libdbusmenu-qt-0.9.3_pre20160218-r1:0/0::gentoo, installed)

~dev-qt/qtcore-4.8.7[-aqua,-debug,abi_x86_32(-),abi_x86_64(-)] required by (dev-qt/qtscript-4.8.7:4/4::gentoo, installed)

~dev-qt/qtcore-4.8.7[-aqua,-debug,glib,qt3support,abi_x86_32(-),abi_x86_64(-)] required by (dev-qt/qtgui-4.8.7:4/4::gentoo, installed)

~dev-qt/qtcore-4.8.7[-aqua,-debug,qt3support,abi_x86_32(-),abi_x86_64(-)] required by (dev-qt/qt3support-4.8.7:4/4::gentoo, installed)

~dev-qt/qtcore-4.8.7[-aqua,-debug,qt3support,abi_x86_32(-),abi_x86_64(-)] required by (dev-qt/qtsql-4.8.7-r1:4/4::gentoo, installed)

I tried re-emerging the "required by"'s cited but didn't solve it.

Code:
$ qtchooser -l
qt4-i686-pc-linux-gnu
qt4-x86_64-pc-linux-gnu
qt4
qt5-x86_64-pc-linux-gnu
qt5

Code:
$ eselect qtgraphicssystem list
Available Qt Graphics Systems:
  [1]   native *
  [2]   opengl (experimental)
  [3]   raster (default)

Code:
$ eix qtcore
[?] dev-qt/qtcore
     Available versions: 
     (4)    4.8.7-r3
     (5)    5.7.1-r3(5/5.7)^t ~5.9.4-r1(5/5.9)^t
       {aqua debug +exceptions +glib iconv icu libressl pch qt3support ssl systemd test ABI_MIPS="n32 n64 o32" ABI_PPC="32 64" ABI_S390="32 64" ABI_X86="32 64 x32"}
     Installed versions:  4.8.7-r4(4)(03:37:03 AM 04/14/2018)(exceptions glib iconv qt3support ssl -aqua -debug -icu -libressl -pch ABI_MIPS="-n32 -n64 -o32" ABI_PPC="-32 -64" ABI_S390="-32 -64" ABI_X86="32 64 -x32") 5.9.4-r2(5/5.9)^t(07:24:24 AM 04/13/2018)(icu -debug -systemd -test)
     Homepage:            https://www.qt.io/
     Description:         Cross-platform application development framework

So if I understand correctly the problem I had with the unstable 5.x versions of QT has been resolved and now only 4.8.7-r4 is on my box. What is my next step?

Also I see there is a qt-meta package, and a kde versions as well, in portage. Do I want that or will it just break stuff?
Budoka
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 3:35 pm    Post subject: Re: ><)))°€ Reply with quote

asturm wrote:

I would have to step through my forum history to find out why I did that. But are you suggesting I remove the entries? or it should be something else ie: qt5? Thanks as always.
Chiitoo
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With regards to PYTHON_TARGETS, they (probably unsurprisingly) help with handling Python support for packages, and personally I've tried to keep mine minimal in that I most of the time have only two versions: 2.7 and whatever the highest from 3 is, unless something requires less than what that 3 is.

Ideally probably, we'd get by with just one of them, but last I checked, I still needed both, 2 and 3.

As such, I have these in my 'make.conf':

Code:
PYTHON_TARGETS="python2_7"
PYTHON_SINGLE_TARGET="python2_7"

If something also needs Python 3, I tend to enable that per-package basis, via USE-flags. One such example:

Code:
www-client/qutebrowser python_targets_python3_6

Now switching the Python support around will easily create a lot of blockers that may further confuse things up, and will almost surely result into re-builds, so I might not tackle that before the other things are dealt with. It also depends a lot on what you use and need, which might differ a lot from my situation.

Budoka wrote:
Code:
$ eix qtcore
[?] dev-qt/qtcore
     Available versions: 
     (4)    4.8.7-r3
       {aqua debug +exceptions +glib iconv icu libressl pch qt3support ssl systemd test ABI_MIPS="n32 n64 o32" ABI_PPC="32 64" ABI_S390="32 64" ABI_X86="32 64 x32"}
     Installed versions:  4.8.7-r4(4)(03:37:03 AM 04/14/2018)(exceptions glib iconv qt3support ssl -aqua -debug -icu -libressl -pch ABI_MIPS="-n32 -n64 -o32" ABI_PPC="-32 -64" ABI_S390="-32 -64" ABI_X86="32 64 -x32") 5.9.4-r2(5/5.9)^t(07:24:24 AM 04/13/2018)(icu -debug -systemd -test)

So if I understand correctly the problem I had with the unstable 5.x versions of QT has been resolved and now only 4.8.7-r4 is on my box. What is my next step?

Also I see there is a qt-meta package, and a kde versions as well, in portage. Do I want that or will it just break stuff?

That output actually shows 5.9.4-r2 in 'Installed versions' as well (I've often had a bit of a hard time noticing that myself, in similar eix output, due to how the versions are listed on one and the same line).

Qt 4 is on its way out, so I would look into what needs that still, and migrate to Qt 5 alternatives where possible.

That would probably be my next step.
Budoka
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chiitoo wrote:
With regards to PYTHON_TARGETS, they (probably unsurprisingly) help with handling Python support for packages, and personally I've tried to keep mine minimal in that I most of the time have only two versions: 2.7 and whatever the highest from 3 is, unless something requires less than what that 3 is.

Ideally probably, we'd get by with just one of them, but last I checked, I still needed both, 2 and 3.

As such, I have these in my 'make.conf':

Code:
PYTHON_TARGETS="python2_7"
PYTHON_SINGLE_TARGET="python2_7"

If something also needs Python 3, I tend to enable that per-package basis, via USE-flags. One such example:

Code:
www-client/qutebrowser python_targets_python3_6

Now switching the Python support around will easily create a lot of blockers that may further confuse things up, and will almost surely result into re-builds, so I might not tackle that before the other things are dealt with. It also depends a lot on what you use and need, which might differ a lot from my situation.

Budoka wrote:
Code:
$ eix qtcore
[?] dev-qt/qtcore
     Available versions: 
     (4)    4.8.7-r3

That output actually shows 5.9.4-r2 in 'Installed versions' as well (I've often had a bit of a hard time noticing that myself, in similar eix output, due to how the versions are listed on one and the same line).

Qt 4 is on its way out, so I would look into what needs that still, and migrate to Qt 5 alternatives where possible.

That would probably be my next step.

Thanks for the explanation. I understand. I will wait on the python stuff until I am back on track.

Excuse me if this is a nOOb question but how do I see what is asking for QT4? eix only shows me what versions are available and what is installed not what is requesting it?
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: