[SOLVED] Chromium with privacy patches and no dbus
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nerd811
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:22 pm    Post subject: [SOLVED] Chromium with privacy patches and no dbus Reply with quote

Hi all. I'm currently running a system with no dbus and I wanted to install Chromium with some privacy patches. So in order to do that I tried what the last poster on this post said.Either I did it wrongly or I'm missing something since it ended up not working.What I did was have mv's overlay in order to not need dbus for gtk3 ( Firefox already is installed without dbus as a dependency), added pg's overlay, created my own local overlay and copied his "www-client/chromium" to mine, added the dbus use flag and patch according to this overlay and ran repoman manifest in the "www-client/chromium" directory on my overlay and then ran "emerge --ask ww-client/chromium:myoverlay" , but I got the following error:
Code:

house ~ # emerge --ask www-client/chromium:myoverlay

These are the packages that would be merged, in order:

Calculating dependencies... done!

!!! All ebuilds that could satisfy "www-client/chromium:myoverlay" have been masked.
!!! One of the following masked packages is required to complete your request:
- www-client/chromium-64.0.3282.144-r1::myoverlay (masked by: ~amd64 keyword, invalid: DEPEND: Invalid atom
(dbus), token 50, invalid: RDEPEND: Invalid atom (dbus), token 50)

For more information, see the MASKED PACKAGES section in the emerge
man page or refer to the Gentoo Handbook.

house ~ #

If anyone could help me fix this or get it working I'd be thankful. I'll provide more information as needed/asked for.

Last edited by nerd811 on Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:45 am; edited 1 time in total
ct85711
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Code:
masked by: ~amd64 keyword

Well, this portion should be self evident, in that this is marked as unstable, so you need to keyword it to use that specific version....

Code:
invalid: DEPEND: Invalid atom (dbus), token 50, invalid: RDEPEND: Invalid atom (dbus), token 50

From the way I read this, it looks like you need to take a look at the ebuild at the DEPEND/RDEPEND sections. Going from what you said, you want to remove the dbus dependency; it is probably a case of you didn't delete all of the correct lines.

Side Note: This post should be more in the unsupported section, as you are trying to use a version not in the official tree and you are trying to do a unsupported change on the package.

[Moderator note: Moved as suggested. -Hu]
Juippisi
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you used repoman to make manifest, you can also use repoman to check for any errors in your ebuilds by using "repoman full ." in www-client/chromium directory.

If that doesnt help, post your ebuild and any errors you encounter for more help :)
nerd811
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Juippisi wrote:
If you used repoman to make manifest, you can also use repoman to check for any errors in your ebuilds by using "repoman full ." in www-client/chromium directory.

If that doesnt help, post your ebuild and any errors you encounter for more help :)

I did run repoman full and it gave me the following output:
Code:

IUSE.invalid [fatal]          5
   www-client/chromium/chromium-64.0.3282.144-r1.ebuild: jumbo-build
   www-client/chromium/chromium-64.0.3282.144-r1.ebuild: debian
   www-client/chromium/chromium-64.0.3282.144-r1.ebuild: inox
   www-client/chromium/chromium-64.0.3282.144-r1.ebuild: iridium
   www-client/chromium/chromium-64.0.3282.144-r1.ebuild: ungoogled
  dependency.syntax [fatal]     4
   www-client/chromium/chromium-64.0.3282.144-r1.ebuild: DEPEND: Invalid atom (dbus), token 50
   www-client/chromium/chromium-64.0.3282.144-r1.ebuild: RDEPEND: Invalid atom (dbus), token 50
   www-client/chromium/chromium-64.0.3282.144-r1.ebuild: DEPEND: Invalid atom (dbus), token 50
   www-client/chromium/chromium-64.0.3282.144-r1.ebuild: RDEPEND: Invalid atom (dbus), token 50
  ebuild.minorsyn               2
   www-client/chromium/chromium-64.0.3282.144-r1.ebuild: Trailing whitespace error on line: 20
   www-client/chromium/chromium-64.0.3282.144-r1.ebuild: Trailing whitespace error on line: 205
  file.size                     3
   (59 KiB) www-client/chromium/files/inox-patchset-64/0001-fix-building-without-safebrowsing.patch
   (20 KiB) www-client/chromium/files/inox-patchset-64/chromium-omnibox-unescape-fragment.patch
   (25 KiB) www-client/chromium/files/vaapi-patchset-64/chromium-vaapi-r16.patch
  file.size.fatal [fatal]       1
   (554 KiB) www-client/chromium/files/vaapi-patchset-64/chromium-vaapi-move.patch
Please fix these important QA issues first.
RepoMan sez: "Make your QA payment on time and you'll never see the likes of me."

Here's my ebuild:
http://dpaste.com/1SJ3VPP
I'd be really happy if I could get this working :)
ct85711
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Code:
dbus ? ( sys-apps/dbus:= )

Well, the error about the invalid atom, would be this line; and I am pretty sure it should be more like

Code:
dbus? ( sys-apps/dbus:= )

Mostly, you need to remove the space between dbus and the ?; with that space, it was thinking dbus was a package atom, and not the use flag.

Quote:
www-client/chromium/chromium-64.0.3282.144-r1.ebuild: Trailing whitespace error on line: 20

This is talking about this portion (added ..... at end of lines, to help see the issue):
Quote:
IUSE="component-build cups gnome-keyring +hangouts jumbo-build kerberos neon pic +proprietary-codecs pulseaudio selinux +suid +system-ffmpeg +system-icu +system-libvpx +tcmalloc widevine +debian ......
+inox iridium ungoogled vaapi +dbus"......

In short, you need to remove the space after debian.
nerd811
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ct85711 wrote:
Code:
dbus ? ( sys-apps/dbus:= )

Well, the error about the invalid atom, would be this line; and I am pretty sure it should be more like

Code:
dbus? ( sys-apps/dbus:= )

Mostly, you need to remove the space between dbus and the ?; with that space, it was thinking dbus was a package atom, and not the use flag.

Quote:

This is talking about this portion (added ..... at end of lines, to help see the issue):
Quote:
IUSE="component-build cups gnome-keyring +hangouts jumbo-build kerberos neon pic +proprietary-codecs pulseaudio selinux +suid +system-ffmpeg +system-icu +system-libvpx +tcmalloc widevine +debian ......
+inox iridium ungoogled vaapi +dbus"......

In short, you need to remove the space after debian.

Thanks for answering :D .
I did what you told me to and then ran "repoman manifest" and now I can run "emerge --ask www-client/chromium::myoverlay", but for some reason (I probably screwed something up again) it's still pulling dbus as a dependency.
Here's the output of the emerge command:
Code:

These are the packages that would be merged, in order:

Calculating dependencies... done!
[ebuild  N     ] media-libs/opus-1.1.3-r1  USE="-ambisonics -custom-modes -doc (-neon) -static-libs" ABI_X86="(64) -32 (-x32)" CPU_FLAGS_X86="sse"
[ebuild  N     ] dev-libs/re2-0.2016.05.01  USE="-icu" ABI_X86="(64) -32 (-x32)"
[ebuild  N     ] net-libs/http-parser-2.6.2  USE="-static-libs" ABI_X86="(64) -32 (-x32)"
[ebuild  N     ] dev-lang/nasm-2.12.01  USE="-doc"
[ebuild  N     ] media-libs/openh264-1.7.0-r1  USE="plugin -utils" ABI_X86="(64) -32 (-x32)"
[ebuild  N     ] dev-python/beautifulsoup-3.2.1-r1  PYTHON_TARGETS="python2_7 (-pypy)"
[ebuild  N     ] dev-python/html5lib-0.9999999  USE="{-test}" PYTHON_TARGETS="python2_7 python3_5 (-pypy) (-pypy3) -python3_4 -python3_6"
[ebuild  N     ] dev-python/simplejson-3.10.0  PYTHON_TARGETS="python2_7 python3_5 (-pypy) (-pypy3) -python3_4 -python3_6"
[ebuild   R    ] dev-libs/libxml2-2.9.7  USE="icu*"
[ebuild  N     ] dev-libs/libuv-1.10.2  USE="-static-libs" ABI_X86="(64) -32 (-x32)"
[ebuild   R    ] media-libs/harfbuzz-1.7.2  USE="icu*"
[ebuild  N     ] net-libs/nodejs-6.11.5  USE="npm snapshot ssl -debug -doc -icu {-test}" CPU_FLAGS_X86="sse2" PYTHON_TARGETS="python2_7"
[ebuild  N     ] media-libs/flac-1.3.2-r1  USE="cxx ogg (-altivec) -debug -static-libs" ABI_X86="(64) -32 (-x32)" CPU_FLAGS_X86="sse"
[ebuild  N     ] app-arch/snappy-1.1.7  USE="(-static-libs) {-test}" ABI_X86="(64) -32 (-x32)"
[ebuild  N     ] dev-python/beautifulsoup-4.5.1  USE="-doc {-test}" PYTHON_TARGETS="python2_7 python3_5 (-pypy) (-pypy3) -python3_4 -python3_6"
[ebuild  N     ] media-libs/freeglut-3.0.0  USE="-debug -static-libs" ABI_X86="(64) -32 (-x32)"
[ebuild  NS    ] app-text/docbook-xml-dtd-4.4-r2 [4.1.2-r6, 4.2-r2, 4.5-r1]
[ebuild  N     ] media-libs/libwebp-0.5.2  USE="gif jpeg opengl png tiff -experimental (-neon) -static-libs -swap-16bit-csp" ABI_X86="(64) -32 (-x32)" CPU_FLAGS_X86="sse2 sse4_1 -avx2"
[ebuild  N     ] sys-apps/dbus-1.10.18  USE="X -debug -doc -elogind (-selinux) -static-libs -systemd {-test} -user-session" ABI_X86="(64) -32 (-x32)"
[ebuild  N     ] app-accessibility/at-spi2-core-2.26.2  USE="X introspection" ABI_X86="(64) -32 (-x32)"
[ebuild  N     ] app-accessibility/at-spi2-atk-2.24.1  USE="{-test}" ABI_X86="(64) -32 (-x32)"
[ebuild  N    ~] www-client/chromium-64.0.3282.144-r1  USE="custom-cflags debian hangouts inox (pic) proprietary-codecs suid system-ffmpeg system-icu vaapi -component-build -cups -dbus -gnome-keyring -iridium -jumbo-build -kerberos (-neon) -pulseaudio (-selinux) (-system-libvpx) (-tcmalloc) -ungoogled -widevine" L10N="-am -ar -bg -bn -ca -cs -da -de -el -en-GB -es -es-419 -et -fa -fi -fil -fr -gu -he -hi -hr -hu -id -it -ja -kn -ko -lt -lv -ml -mr -ms -nb -nl -pl -pt-BR -pt-PT -ro -ru -sk -sl -sr -sv -sw -ta -te -th -tr -uk -vi -zh-CN -zh-TW"

And here's my current ebuild : http://dpaste.com/0N9R58E
Thanks for helping so far :) .
ct85711
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, dbus may very well be pulled in by one of the other dependencies or there may be some additional dependencies hidden in one of the eclasses that the ebuild inherits. A easy way to check on what is pulling in dbus, is mask dbus and see what package complains. That will let you know immediately who still depends on it. If it says chromium, then I'd look at the chromium-2, gnome2-utils, and maybe the xdg-utils eclasses to see if any of them are hiding additional dependencies.
nerd811
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ct85711 wrote:
Well, dbus may very well be pulled in by one of the other dependencies or there may be some additional dependencies hidden in one of the eclasses that the ebuild inherits. A easy way to check on what is pulling in dbus, is mask dbus and see what package complains. That will let you know immediately who still depends on it. If it says chromium, then I'd look at the chromium-2, gnome2-utils, and maybe the xdg-utils eclasses to see if any of them are hiding additional dependencies.

Thanks for answering. I masked dbus and apparently both my chromium is pulling in dbus and at-spi2-atk even though I patched my chromium ebuild to not pull it in.If anyone would know a way to fix this I'd be very thankful.
Code:

The following mask changes are necessary to proceed:
 (see "package.unmask" in the portage(5) man page for more details)
# required by app-accessibility/at-spi2-atk-2.24.1::gentoo
# required by www-client/chromium-64.0.3282.144-r1::myoverlay
# required by www-client/chromium::myoverlay (argument)
# /etc/portage/package.mask/dbus:
=sys-apps/dbus-1.10.18
ct85711
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

That message can be misleading; it's more or chromium requires at-spi2-atk, which requires dbus...
As far as at-spi2-atk goes, I don't know if it's really needed or if you can patch dbus dependency out.
nerd811
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ct85711 wrote:
Quote:

That message can be misleading; it's more or chromium requires at-spi2-atk, which requires dbus...
As far as at-spi2-atk goes, I don't know if it's really needed or if you can patch dbus dependency out.

Yeah it was at-spi2-atk that pulls in dbus in order to enable accessibility support in chromium and I couldn't find anything about disabling it. I tried to get away with just removing it as a dependency from the ebuild but didn't work out since ninja couldn't find it. Oh well I guess I'm stuck to Firefox and w3m until someone figures how to disable accessibility during build.
ct85711
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, the most I can say; is that you should more at the package configures, to see if they configure script gives an way to disable something. Like I from this from at-spi2-atk's configure...
Code:
  --enable-p2p  Allow peer-to-peer DBus connections default=yes

Don't know if it will remove dbus's dependency, but something to look at and test. Assuming it does work, then you now know what to do to modify the ebuild to make dbus conditional...
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: