View posts from last 24 hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo on AMD64
View previous topic :: View next topic  
depontius
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did brief battle again tonight. If I add USE=opencl mandelbulber fails to build because cl.hpp is a dangling symlink. So after looking through this thread a bit more, I installed opencl-clhpp from the science overlay. I know there is a fixed version in the zucca overlay, but it's not in stock layman and I didn't feel like looking up the pointer to it - yet. Anyway, the stock installation from science overlay drops the files in /usr/include/CL - not where they're being looked for. So I added a few symlinks:
Code:
# ls -l /usr/include/CL
total 0
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 15 Mar 19 20:28 cl2.hpp -> /usr/CL/cl2.hpp
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 49 Mar 17 22:16 cl_egl.h -> //usr/lib64/OpenCL/global/include/CL-1.2/cl_egl.h
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 49 Mar 17 22:16 cl_ext.h -> //usr/lib64/OpenCL/global/include/CL-1.2/cl_ext.h
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 52 Mar 17 22:16 cl_gl_ext.h -> //usr/lib64/OpenCL/global/include/CL-1.2/cl_gl_ext.h
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 48 Mar 17 22:16 cl_gl.h -> //usr/lib64/OpenCL/global/include/CL-1.2/cl_gl.h
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 45 Mar 17 22:16 cl.h -> //usr/lib64/OpenCL/global/include/CL-1.2/cl.h
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 14 Mar 19 20:28 cl.hpp -> /usr/CL/cl.hpp
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 43 Feb 25 19:56 cl.hpp-orig -> ../../lib64/OpenCL/global/include/CL/cl.hpp
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 54 Mar 17 22:16 cl_platform.h -> //usr/lib64/OpenCL/global/include/CL-1.2/cl_platform.h
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 49 Mar 17 22:16 opencl.h -> //usr/lib64/OpenCL/global/include/CL-1.2/opencl.h

With this, mandelbulber builds. But as soon as I go into preferences and try to enable OpenCL, it segfaults. Soon I'll look a bit harder and get the zucca version of opencl-clhpp and see if that's any better. Enough fiddling for tonight. I don't stay up as late as I used to.
Zucca
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

depontius wrote:
Soon I'll look a bit harder and get the zucca version of opencl-clhpp and see if that's any better.
It's not any better than your current manual symlinking. :( It only has -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX adjusted correctly so that the files get installed into the right directory.

Code:
ERROR: '--failure' is not an option. Aborting...
depontius
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zucca wrote:
depontius wrote:
Soon I'll look a bit harder and get the zucca version of opencl-clhpp and see if that's any better.
It's not any better than your current manual symlinking. :( It only has -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX adjusted correctly so that the files get installed into the right directory.

Are you able to run mandelbulber with OpenCL on your setup? I don't think of eselect stuff as really being "in the path" more setting the paths for other packages. With that, the big difference I see between us is that you're getting ocl-icd from gentoo-gpu and I'm getting it from the base.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo on AMD64 All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: