Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
[split] Use of LIsLinuxIsSogood account for spam?
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo Forums Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LIsLinuxIsSogood
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:02 pm    Post subject: What happening to my account? Reply with quote

User: LIsLinuxIsSogood
Topic: Pulseaudio Deslexia
Reason: I am not sure why, or how, my account is associated with this situation. The recent posts I am referring to on this site that appear to have been sent using my login name, but were actually a spam bot (that was pointed out by Moderator already in this post... https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-1071736-highlight-.html and in this post ) And while it looks like previously the posting from a user by the name of LinensRange786 was using my login to do the spamming, which I don't really know what is the matter with that. However it recently looks like it could be actually stemming from my own user account with my personal login name. Although I could be mistaken, I would appreciate any help in figuring out when and if there are posts that are not stemming from my computer and if need be rebuilding my account on the site.

FYI, feel free to remove this thread, titled "Moving Window with help of keyboard shortcut (SOLVED oops :)"

https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-1071736-highlight-.html

It does not do any good as part of the forum as it was solved prior to any response being posted, and I would be fine to have it be removed from the forum if it were up to me.
pjp
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've looked at this a couple of times, but from the forum front-end side, I can't see any way that the spam was posted by anything other than your account. And since you didn't make the posts, that would imply someone accessing the account with your password, MITM, or who knows what.

Split from the Report thread in case someone is hasn't seen this and can take a look under the hood.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo Forums Feedback All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: