Nesting in LXC / LXD
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Networking & Security
View previous topic :: View next topic  
slim2k
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:04 am    Post subject: Nesting in LXC / LXD Reply with quote

I have a Gentoo host and a Gentoo LXD container and I'm attempting to nest containers. In my case, I'm trying to run docker in the Gentoo LXD guest. Running dockerd in the guest errors without starting:

Error starting daemon: Devices cgroup isn't mounted

So, I found an example setting for nesting containers in Ubuntu:

Quote:

In order to run containers inside containers - referred to as nested containers - two lines must be present in the parent container configuration file:

lxc.mount.auto = cgroup
lxc.aa_profile = lxc-container-default-with-nesting

Source: https://help.ubuntu.com/lts/serverguide/lxc.html

After adding this to my lxc.raw settings, there are still no files in /sys/fs/cgroup .. I did noticed after I installed and ran cgmanager in the guest a socket file showed up: /sys/fs/cgroup/cgmanager/sock. However, I get a permission denied error running "cgm ping" in the guest.. The socket file and permission error happen both with and without lxc.mount.auto, so I can't tell that lxc.mount.auto did anything.

Do we have any guide or information on nesting containers in Gentoo?? Any ideas? Thank you..
slim2k
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just realized aa stands or apparmor. I did not set this up so "aa_profile" is not relevant for now. So the main issue is that the cgroup folders are not showing up in the container.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Networking & Security All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: