emerge overwriting perllocal
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
weasel
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2002 1:41 am    Post subject: emerge overwriting perllocal Reply with quote

Greetings,

I am not sure if this is a quantifiable bug, but the behavior seemed odd enough to merit posting.

It seems that when using emerge to install Perl Modules from the portage tree that the "perllocal" file is getting overwritten with only the last Module installed.

I am using the gentoo 1.1a build on a PII i686 Dell Lattitude with Perl Version 5.6.1. I first noted the behaviour when I installed "dev-perl/mod_perl" (which fwiw I thought should be under "net-www") shortly after building my system. There were several module dependancies which emerge happily handled for me, but only the last one installed was listed in the "perllocal" file.

I added several modules through the CPAN Module after that and noted that in those cases the perllocal file was not overwritten, but instead was appended to by each module installation. To further test this behaviour I then emerged another Perl Module from the portage tree and noted that the perllocal file had been overwritten with just the information from that last emerge.

If this is something on my end that I am unaware of I am truly sorry for "Crying Bug", but it just seemed too strange and reproducable to be anything but an oddity in the ebuild process. Also, if this is a known issue, I again apologize, however, I did not notice any similar posts on the forum thus far. If there is anyone out there that could shed some light on this I would be much obliged.

Thanks for the most bad ass distro I have worked with in years,
Anthony "Weasel" Porcano
weasel
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2002 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey All,

Just thought I would post a follow up here that this bug is now being tracked in bugzilla. The latest post stated that patches are being made now so hopefully this bug is a goner.

- W e a s e l
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: