Audio volume slider glitches with Xfce parole media player
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
VinzC
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:11 am    Post subject: Audio volume slider glitches with Xfce parole media player Reply with quote

Hi all.

Parole is Xfce media player. For as long as I can remember I've always had an issue with the volume slider, i.e. sliding down the knob works a treat but when it's about to slide it up it seems to stick and jerks going up. I remember I tried it under Arch and it did the same thing.

When I click the volume slider, no problem. The issue happens when I use my track pad (two fingers up/down scrolling) to control the volume *and* some music plays. Sliding the knob all the way down: no problem. It's only when I slide it up that it goes nuts: it starts sliding up Ok until it stops and starts jerking iup and down by a few pixels. It remains there, still jerking, if I continue to slide up slowly with my track pad. If I accelerate then the knob goes all the way up. If I leave the touch pad and start again then the cursor will slide up but again until some point.

It seems like that strange issue happens only on the bottom half of the slider. In that bottom half the volume knob has most chances to get stuck, like "I'd like to (go up) but I can't!". Add that to the weirdly high sensitivity, it's annoying.

Has anyone else got (and fixed) this issue?

Note: I don't use a mouse wheel to control parole's volume. Call me dumb but it's too sensitive and I can't get the granularity I want.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: