Python fails to build
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HimTortons
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:42 pm    Post subject: Python fails to build Reply with quote

Hey there, I'm finally back on Gentoo (I used it for a while and got rid of it, when I built my new) and I'm still rather inexperienced. Up to now everything has been working fine, but now everytime I update, neither Python2 nor Python3 will install/compile and I can't really make sense of the error, except the instruction to post certain outputs and log files. These output can be found here:
build.log: https://pastebin.com/t9MVLmWP
"emerge -pqv '=dev-lang/python-3.6.3-r1::gentoo'" : https://pastebin.com/At2LHt13
"emerge --info '=dev-lang/python-3.6.3-r1::gentoo'" : https://pastebin.com/5AzmDS4H

Can anyone help me?
ct85711
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Code:
*** WARNING: renaming "_hashlib" since importing it failed: build/lib.linux-x86_64-3.6/_hashlib.cpython-36m-x86_64-linux-gnu.so: undefined symbol: OPENSSL_add_all_algorithms_noconf

Quote:
USE="X a52 aac acl acpi activities alsa amd64 berkdb bindist bluetooth branding bzip2 cairo cdda...

Remove bindist from your make.conf and recompile openssl (also openssh, and maybe a couple other packages).

The bindist USE flag means you want to distribute binary copies to other people (hence why it is initially enabled), but it also disabled several patented algorithms which is well known to break a lot of software.
fedeliallalinea
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Typically openssl-1.1.0 breakage, dowgrate to openssl-1.0.2n
HimTortons
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fedeliallalinea wrote:
Typically openssl-1.1.0 breakage, dowgrate to openssl-1.0.2n

I'm afraid neither of these solutions worked. I'm still getting the same error after recompiling without bindist and downgrading openssl does not work because a lot of packages depend on that version
soitgoes0745
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You disabled bindist for OpenSSL? Or globally in your make.conf?
Hu

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please post the output that led you to the statement "because a lot of packages depend on that version". Packages may require a matching subslot, but nothing that you should be using should hard require 1.1.0.
HimTortons
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems to be fixed now. Apperently, openssl-1.1.0 was being listed in package.unmask (I did not at it to that). After I removed it, everything seems to be fine.

Also I removed from make.conf, as @ct85711 suggested. Is that the correct way, or should I only remove it for single packages?

I will still post the output of the conflicting openssl versions, maybe someone can help me make sense of it:
Code:

!!! Multiple package instances within a single package slot have been pulled
!!! into the dependency graph, resulting in a slot conflict:

dev-libs/openssl:0

(dev-libs/openssl-1.1.0g-r2:0/1.1::gentoo, installed) pulled in by
    dev-libs/openssl:0/1.1= required by (dev-perl/Net-SSLeay-1.810.0:0/0::gentoo, installed)
                    ^^^^^^^                                                                                                     
    (and 4 more with the same problem)

(dev-libs/openssl-1.0.2n:0/0::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge) pulled in by
    dev-libs/openssl:0[bindist=] required by (dev-qt/qtnetwork-5.7.1:5/5.7::gentoo, installed)
                       ^^^^^^^^                                                                                                   
    >=dev-libs/openssl-1.0.1:0=[bindist=] required by (net-misc/openssh-7.5_p1-r3:0/0::gentoo, installed)
                                ^^^^^^^^                                                                                                     
    dev-libs/openssl:0/0=[abi_x86_64(-)] required by (app-arch/libarchive-3.3.1:0/13::gentoo, installed)
                    ^^^^^                                                                                                                   
    (and 11 more with the same problems)

NOTE: Use the '--verbose-conflicts' option to display parents omitted above

Also, I got this error everytime I tried to update my system
fedeliallalinea
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HimTortons wrote:
Also I removed from make.conf, as @ct85711 suggested. Is that the correct way, or should I only remove it for single packages?

bindist is a useless use flag if you don't distribute binary packages, then remove it globally is better

I will still post the output of the conflicting openssl versions, maybe someone can help me make sense of it:
HimTortons wrote:
Code:

!!! Multiple package instances within a single package slot have been pulled
!!! into the dependency graph, resulting in a slot conflict:

dev-libs/openssl:0

(dev-libs/openssl-1.1.0g-r2:0/1.1::gentoo, installed) pulled in by
    dev-libs/openssl:0/1.1= required by (dev-perl/Net-SSLeay-1.810.0:0/0::gentoo, installed)
                    ^^^^^^^                                                                                                     
    (and 4 more with the same problem)

(dev-libs/openssl-1.0.2n:0/0::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge) pulled in by
    dev-libs/openssl:0[bindist=] required by (dev-qt/qtnetwork-5.7.1:5/5.7::gentoo, installed)
                       ^^^^^^^^                                                                                                   
    >=dev-libs/openssl-1.0.1:0=[bindist=] required by (net-misc/openssh-7.5_p1-r3:0/0::gentoo, installed)
                                ^^^^^^^^                                                                                                     
    dev-libs/openssl:0/0=[abi_x86_64(-)] required by (app-arch/libarchive-3.3.1:0/13::gentoo, installed)
                    ^^^^^                                                                                                                   
    (and 11 more with the same problems)

NOTE: Use the '--verbose-conflicts' option to display parents omitted above

Also, I got this error everytime I tried to update my system

You can post output with --verbose-conflicts and also the command you runned?
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: