KDE Sound issues
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
venquessa
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:58 pm    Post subject: KDE Sound issues Reply with quote

I run KDE5 plasma. I have Alsa sound. At the Alsa layer (aplay, alsamixer etc.) all of my sound devices work fine.

When I load KDE I have an issue with non-KDE applications grabbing the ALSA default hardware device. Applications such as Chrome, Firefox, mplayer. While this is occurring I can only get sound from that one application. Worse is, that means only one chrome tab at a time. It takes processes an awfully long time, sometimes never, to release the hardware device when not being used.

When I change the playback device settings in the KDE Audio setup applet it doesn't work. If nothing has grabbed that device already, "Test>" works, but then only KDE applications are effected. If I run Chrome et.al they goes straight to the !default hardware device.

To swap sound devices from, say, USB headphones to USB Speakers I have to edit .soundrc and restart KDE.

What is the best way to force things under KDE control?
venquessa2
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Opps, just found my actual account.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: