View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mlundkn
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:35 am    Post subject: Libreoffice->Impress does not start Reply with quote

After I update my gentoo om 03 Jan 18 nd installed libreoffice-bin-5.4.2.2-r1 Iget the following behaviour: Calc and Write start normally, Office shows a selection of Calc and Write documents and Impress does not work at all. Starting form the Xfce4 menu results in a spinner for 20 sec and the nothing. Staring 'soffice --impress' from the console shows the splash screen for 2 secs and hangs (soffice is shown sleeping with ps -el) and I get no diagnostic output at all. '.xsession-errors' does not help either.

I did swith to gcc-6.4.0
I include the output of emerge -pv to show the USE-flags

Code:
~ $ emerge -pv libreoffice-bin libreoffice-l10n

These are the packages that would be merged, in order:

Calculating dependencies... done!
[ebuild   R    ] app-office/libreoffice-l10n-5.4.2.2::gentoo  USE="-offlinehelp" L10N="-af -am -ar -as -ast -be -bg -bn -bn-IN -bo -br -brx -bs -ca -ca-valencia -cs -cy -da -de -dgo -dz -el -en -en-GB -en-ZA -eo -es -et -eu -fa -fi -fr -ga -gd -gl -gu -gug -he -hi -hr -hu -id -is -it -ja -ka -kk -km -kmr-Latn -kn -ko -kok -ks -lb -lo -lt -lv -mai -mk -ml -mn -mni -mr -my -nb -ne -nl -nn -nr -nso -oc -om -or -pa -pl -pt -pt-BR -ro -ru -rw -sa -sat -sd -si -sid -sk -sl -sq -sr -sr-Latn -ss -st -sv -sw-TZ -ta -te -tg -th -tn -tr -ts -tt -ug -uk -uz -ve -vi -xh -zh-CN -zh-TW -zu" 0 KiB
[ebuild   R    ] app-office/libreoffice-bin-5.4.2.2-r1::gentoo  USE="-gnome -java -kde" PYTHON_TARGETS="python3_5" 0 KiB

Total: 2 packages (2 reinstalls), Size of downloads: 0 KiB
~ $

I suspect a dependency problem, so I am not sure if debugging libreoffice with gbd would help.
Any ideas how to tackle the problem ?

Thanks in advance && and a happy new year

Malte
LIsLinuxIsSogood
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey just a thought, but your on th xfce4 desktop, which means it still could possibly help to enable the USE flags for gnome and kde that are turned off.

Also, in case you are wondering, and want a much quicker solution to finding out if the bug is going to resolve or if it is a bug, the basically similar source and original developer (Apache Openoffice) works fine in the binary on my gentoo with

kernel 4.14.0 and openoffice-bin-4.1.4

Of course if you are not trying to switch software then you can forget the suggestion too.
fedeliallalinea
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another way for debugging is install sys-devel/gdb and app-office/libreoffice-bin-debug and then run soffice --impress --backtrace. This launch libreoffice with gdb and you can see the backtrace
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: