Install phase: Failed to copy file: OSError
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
musv
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:16 am    Post subject: Install phase: Failed to copy file: OSError Reply with quote

Hi there,

kinfocenter-5.11.4 fails to install on my machine.

Code:
-- Installing: /var/tmp/portage/kde-plasma/kinfocenter-5.11.4/image/usr/share/kpackage/kcms/kcm_fileindexermonitor/contents
-- Installing: /var/tmp/portage/kde-plasma/kinfocenter-5.11.4/image/usr/share/kpackage/kcms/kcm_fileindexermonitor/contents/ui
-- Installing: /var/tmp/portage/kde-plasma/kinfocenter-5.11.4/image/usr/share/kpackage/kcms/kcm_fileindexermonitor/contents/ui/main.qml
-- Installing: /var/tmp/portage/kde-plasma/kinfocenter-5.11.4/image/usr/share/kpackage/kcms/kcm_fileindexermonitor/contents/ui/constants.js
-- Installing: /var/tmp/portage/kde-plasma/kinfocenter-5.11.4/image/usr/share/kpackage/kcms/kcm_fileindexermonitor/metadata.desktop
-- Installing: /var/tmp/portage/kde-plasma/kinfocenter-5.11.4/image/usr/share/kpackage/kcms/kcm_fileindexermonitor/metadata.json
-- Installing: /var/tmp/portage/kde-plasma/kinfocenter-5.11.4/image/usr/share/doc/HTML/en/kinfocenter/index.cache.bz2
-- Installing: /var/tmp/portage/kde-plasma/kinfocenter-5.11.4/image/usr/share/doc/HTML/en/kinfocenter/index.docbook
-- Installing: /var/tmp/portage/kde-plasma/kinfocenter-5.11.4/image/usr/share/doc/HTML/en/kinfocenter/kinfocenter.png
ERROR:root:Failed to copy file: _parsed_options=Namespace(group=-1, mode=420, owner=-1), source=b'/var/tmp/portage/kde-plasma/kinfocenter-5.11.4/distdir/glogo-small.png', dest_dir=b'/var/tmp/portage/kde-plasma/kinfocenter-5.11.4/image//usr/share/kinfocenter'
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/portage/python3.6/doins.py", line 184, in run
    copyfile(source, dest)
  File "/usr/lib64/python3.6/site-packages/portage/util/file_copy/__init__.py", line 30, in _optimized_copyfile
    _file_copy(src_file.fileno(), dst_file.fileno())
OSError: [Errno 95] Operation not supported
 * ERROR: kde-plasma/kinfocenter-5.11.4::gentoo failed (install phase):
 *   doins failed

I'm quite sure I've seen this error already somewhere else. Nevertheless I assume, it doesn't have anything to do with kinfocenter. It seems to be related to some python3.6 stuff.

The file to be copied is at the correct place and accessible. Also the copy procedure seems to be successful:
Code:
ls -al /var/tmp/portage/kde-plasma/kinfocenter-5.11.4/distdir/glogo-small.png
glogo-small.png -> /var/portage/distfiles/glogo-small.png

ls -al /var/tmp/portage/kde-plasma/kinfocenter-5.11.4/image/usr/share/kinfocenter/glogo-small.png
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 0 14. Dez 07:07 /var/tmp/portage/kde-plasma/kinfocenter-5.11.4/image/usr/share/kinfocenter/glogo-small.png

The destination directory is located in a tmpfs.

Is this a bug or some misconfiguration on my system?
blopsalot
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

enable Tmpfs POSIX Access Control Lists and Tmpfs extended attributes. make sure portage can use the extended attributes
musv
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, I'll try it in the next days.
mike155
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

musv, have you found the source of the error or a solution?

It seems that you are not the only one who experiences this error: https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-1075756.html
musv
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tried today a system update. The error doesn't occur anymore. Seems to be fixed.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: