Apache not starting whatsoever [SOLVE]
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Networking & Security
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nerd811
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:50 pm    Post subject: Apache not starting whatsoever [SOLVE] Reply with quote

Ok I have been pulling my hair on this one for the entire week already.For some reason I can not start the Apache webserver.I did not change any configuration file and left it as comes with the installation.I was getting the error:
Code:

dankgentoo ~ # rc-service apache2 start
 * Starting apache2 ...
AH00557: apache2: apr_sockaddr_info_get() failed for dankgentoo
AH00558: apache2: Could not reliably determine the server's fully qualified domain name, using 127.0.0.1. Set the 'ServerName' directive globally to suppress this message
 * start-stop-daemon: failed to start `/usr/sbin/apache2'                                       [ !! ]
 * ERROR: apache2 failed to start
dankgentoo ~ #

And if I do set ServerName globally (that is adding ServerName localhost to /etc/apache2/httpd.conf) I get the following:
Code:

dankgentoo ~ # rc-service apache2 start * Starting apache2 ...
 * start-stop-daemon: failed to start `/usr/sbin/apache2'                                        [ !! ]
 * ERROR: apache2 failed to start
dankgentoo ~ #

If someone could help me I'd be thankful because this sort of thing actually stresses me out a lot (whenever I'm unable to fix or get something to work I end up sometimes hitting my desk and it's currently not in good state).
EDIT:Apparently I'm retarded and can't read the wiki properly.It stated exactly about my error in the troubleshooting section and told me that I had to put the system hostname in /etc/hosts after localhost, guess what, it worked.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Networking & Security All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: