[SOLVED] fcitx with chrome & custom keyboard layout
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Holysword
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 3:56 pm    Post subject: [SOLVED] fcitx with chrome & custom keyboard layout Reply with quote

So, I've been quite happily using setxkbmap with my custom keyboard layout for several years now, but in face of some things, I might need to add japanese input into my repertoire.

I managed to get fcitx working with mozc and all, but then there is a problem. First, Qt & KDE applications seem to work properly with it, but chrome and Enlightenment (my WM) seem to be completely oblivious to it. Yes, I added
Code:
export GTK_IM_MODULE=fcitx
export QT_IM_MODULE=fcitx
export XMODIFIERS=@im=fcitx

to my .xinitrc

Secondly, after disabling the japanese input in Qt/KDE applications, it goes back to US keyboard layout, instead of my awesome custom-plus layout. I still haven't figured out how to add my own layout to fcitx list. Did anybody here already cross this situation?

EDIT#1: it didn't work with chrome because I forgot to emerge fcitx with gtk2 USEFLAG enabled.
It didn't find my custom keyboard layout because I forgot to edit /usr/share/X11/xkb/rules/evdev.xml and /usr/share/X11/xkb/rules/evdev.lst to add my custom keyboard.
With those two things out of the way, it works perfectly.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: