VirGL in gentoo guest locks keboard/mouse
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anton Gubarkov
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:35 am    Post subject: VirGL in gentoo guest locks keboard/mouse Reply with quote

Hi,

I used to run my Gentoo sandbox VM in KVM using QXL video and spice tools. This tandem provides seamless mouse and keyboard integration - i.e. I can drive my mouse out of virt-viewer window and the guest VM looses both mouse and keyboard focus. When I click back some item in the virt-viewier window, the VM immediately receieves the mouse click event and reacts to it.

I switched recently to VirGL/virtio-vga to make my display in the VM faster and experiment a little. That what I build this sandbox VM for.

Spice tools continue to work - the VM desktop is being resized when I resize the virt-viewier window, copy/paste works between guest and host. However, whenever I click in the virt-viewier window, the mouse and keyboard are locked in the VM. I have to press Ctrl-Alt to unlock them let the mouse out of the VM window.

Is there a way to configure SPICE to allow the same behaviour QXL allows with mouse/keyboard?

I attach my libvirt domain for your information here: gentoo-sandbox.xml

Thanks for any hints.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: