Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
NetworkManager Unresponsive to Click (No Menu)
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Networking & Security
View previous topic :: View next topic  
txykumat
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:03 pm    Post subject: NetworkManager Unresponsive to Click (No Menu) Reply with quote

Hi,

I run gentoo with plasma5 and i3 installed. I never use KDE, it is mostly installed so that I can use dolphin with all proper icons in i3wm. On my HP laptop I have two gentoo installation. One has no problem but the new one (to start fresh) is having problem. After starting i3 with .xinitrc, I see blueman, but no volumeicon and no nm-applet. If I let it shit for a while, nm-applet shows up with a lock icon on it, showing it has automatically connected to my VPN with primary wired connection. But when I click on the nm-applet, I get no response. I get no menu for VPN, enable disable network or wifi.

So far I have been doing things like,
type
Code:
~ $ gnome-keyring
usage: gnome-keyring command [options]
commands: certificate-exception
          import
          version

repeatedly, using $mod+d to bring up nm-connection-editor and edit stuff in the VPN setting and bring up kde5-nm-connection-editor and do some clicking and opening and closing, then more typing gnome-keyring.

After a while I suddenly get menu and everything is OK, then maybe an hour later, I find the nm-applet unresponsive.

It's driving me crazy as I want to move to fresh reinstall of gentoo and this is getting in my way.

Please help.

My .xinitrc looks like this:
Code:
xrandr --setprovideroutputsource modesetting NVIDIA-0
xrandr --dpi 96
xrandr --auto
exec udiskie &
exec ck-launch-session dbus-launch --sh-syntax --exit-with-session i3

Thank you in advance for looking into this.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Networking & Security All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: