Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
Hollywood Predators [was Weinstein]
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next  
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
juniper
l33t
l33t


Joined: 22 Oct 2004
Posts: 763
Location: EU

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pjp wrote:
juniper wrote:
That's how breitbart and their supporters work. A little twist here, a little twist there. All you need is a headline that plants the seeds of doubt.
The distortion of the expert's "analysis" is how the main stream media and their supporters work. A blatant lie here, a blatant lie there, and everyone asserts it as truth.


Let's keep our eye on the ball and not make any wild claims. richk correctly pointed out that the Breitbart article did not claim what bigun claimed it did. So, in this instance, i am not even questioning the oft questionable veracity of breitbart.
_________________
wswartzendruber wrote:
Well, every group has its nutjobs, and the Second Amendment crowd is no exception.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
pjp
Administrator
Administrator


Joined: 16 Apr 2002
Posts: 17402

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The ball is the credibility of the accusation, currently zero. So yes, let's keep an eye on that.
_________________
Slowly I turned. Step by step.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
richk449
Guru
Guru


Joined: 24 Oct 2003
Posts: 345

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pjp wrote:
richk449 wrote:
pjp wrote:
I already did, you chose not to read any of it.

I did try reading it, but there was nothing that supported the claim that "Bernie probably won the nomination".

So I asked you to quote something that supports that claim, and you have been tap dancing since.
No, I haven't. I provided enough information.

pjp wrote:
I have no idea what YOU need as evidence for "probably."

If you consider zero information to be enough information, then I guess we are done.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Muso
l33t
l33t


Joined: 22 Oct 2002
Posts: 711
Location: The Holy city of Honolulu

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

richk449 wrote:
If you consider zero information to be enough information, then I guess we are done.


richk449 wrote:
pjp wrote:
richk449 wrote:
pjp wrote:
given that Bernie probably won the nomination


What?
https://duckduckgo.com/?q=clinton+sanders+primary+corruption

That page appears to scroll forever. How far do I have to go before I find something that supports your argument?


:?
_________________
People Of Love

Kindness Evokes Kindness

Peace Emits Positive Energy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Naib
Watchman
Watchman


Joined: 21 May 2004
Posts: 5440
Location: Removed by Neddy

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

richk449 wrote:
pjp wrote:
richk449 wrote:
pjp wrote:
I already did, you chose not to read any of it.

I did try reading it, but there was nothing that supported the claim that "Bernie probably won the nomination".

So I asked you to quote something that supports that claim, and you have been tap dancing since.
No, I haven't. I provided enough information.

pjp wrote:
I have no idea what YOU need as evidence for "probably."

If you consider zero information to be enough information, then I guess we are done.
you are missing (by choice or cognitive dissonance) probably

There is enough information to indicate that the system was rigged AGAINST Bernie and the duckduckgo search lists a few of these. Does this mean that Bernie would have won if it wasn't rigged? who knows BECAUSE IT WAS RIGGED.
_________________
The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter
Great Britain is a republic, with a hereditary president, while the United States is a monarchy with an elective king
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 14 Mar 2006
Posts: 1606
Location: U.S.A.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

juniper wrote:
richk449 wrote:
Bigun wrote:
Roy Moore yearbook forged

No, that's not what the article says.


That's how breitbart and their supporters work. A little twist here, a little twist there. All you need is a headline that plants the seeds of doubt.

No, that's how NBC and CNN work. Breitbart is pretty much balls-out.

MSNBC is balls-out, dick-in-face, fist deep in ass while chanting "pain is an illusion".
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
pjp
Administrator
Administrator


Joined: 16 Apr 2002
Posts: 17402

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

richk449 wrote:
pjp wrote:
I have no idea what YOU need as evidence for "probably."
If you consider zero information to be enough information, then I guess we are done.
That seemed to be your opening position.
_________________
Slowly I turned. Step by step.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
richk449
Guru
Guru


Joined: 24 Oct 2003
Posts: 345

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Naib wrote:
There is enough information to indicate that the system was rigged AGAINST Bernie and the duckduckgo search lists a few of these. Does this mean that Bernie would have won if it wasn't rigged? who knows BECAUSE IT WAS RIGGED.

Exactly. Thank you.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
richk449
Guru
Guru


Joined: 24 Oct 2003
Posts: 345

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pjp wrote:
richk449 wrote:
pjp wrote:
I have no idea what YOU need as evidence for "probably."
If you consider zero information to be enough information, then I guess we are done.
That seemed to be your opening position.

It was my opening position, because I wasn't aware of any evidence that Bernie probably won. You haven't presented any evidence, so it is still my position.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
pjp
Administrator
Administrator


Joined: 16 Apr 2002
Posts: 17402

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

:lol:

If there was evidence, it would be provable that it occurred. I didn't say that it did. I said it probably did, which means there can only be information leading to some level of probability that it did occur. And indeed I did provide links to such information.
_________________
Slowly I turned. Step by step.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
richk449
Guru
Guru


Joined: 24 Oct 2003
Posts: 345

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pjp wrote:
:lol:

If there was evidence, it would be provable that it occurred. I didn't say that it did. I said it probably did, which means there can only be information leading to some level of probability that it did occur. And indeed I did provide links to such information.

You claim to have provided links to such information, but I have been unable to locate it when reading the links you provided. And you refuse to provide any quotes which support your claim. It sure looks like you have no evidence, but don't want to admit that.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 14 Mar 2006
Posts: 1606
Location: U.S.A.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What are arguing for? You're arguing tomatos vs tomatoes because you are flailing in the vague direction of hope that it might distract from the reality that your world-view is rooted, to an embarrassing degree, in what turns out to have been propaganda and caca doodie. Instead of resisting reality, take your own people's advice and Embrace the Change.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
pjp
Administrator
Administrator


Joined: 16 Apr 2002
Posts: 17402

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

richk449 wrote:
pjp wrote:
:lol:

If there was evidence, it would be provable that it occurred. I didn't say that it did. I said it probably did, which means there can only be information leading to some level of probability that it did occur. And indeed I did provide links to such information.

You claim to have provided links to such information, but I have been unable to locate it when reading the links you provided. And you refuse to provide any quotes which support your claim. It sure looks like you have no evidence, but don't want to admit that.
I already indicated there was no evidence to prove it occurred.
_________________
Slowly I turned. Step by step.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
richk449
Guru
Guru


Joined: 24 Oct 2003
Posts: 345

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bones McCracker wrote:
What are arguing for? You're arguing tomatos vs tomatoes because you are flailing in the vague direction of hope that it might distract from the reality that your world-view is rooted, to an embarrassing degree, in what turns out to have been propaganda and caca doodie. Instead of resisting reality, take your own people's advice and Embrace the Change.

Hmmm. Perhaps I am arguing tomatos vs tomatoes because I realize that everything in our world is nothing but a meaningless blip in a just as meaningless universe that has existed for billions of years before us, and will exist for billions of years after us, and still has no purpose and no point, and so the only thing to do in the face of such massive irrelevance is to grasp hold of whatever truths, or apparent truths, I can find, and try construct meaning from the ether.

Or, maybe I have work to do and I am just procrastinating.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Muso
l33t
l33t


Joined: 22 Oct 2002
Posts: 711
Location: The Holy city of Honolulu

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

richk449 wrote:
Bones McCracker wrote:
What are arguing for? You're arguing tomatos vs tomatoes because you are flailing in the vague direction of hope that it might distract from the reality that your world-view is rooted, to an embarrassing degree, in what turns out to have been propaganda and caca doodie. Instead of resisting reality, take your own people's advice and Embrace the Change.

Hmmm. Perhaps I am arguing tomatos vs tomatoes because I realize that everything in our world is nothing but a meaningless blip in a just as meaningless universe that has existed for billions of years before us, and will exist for billions of years after us, and still has no purpose and no point, and so the only thing to do in the face of such massive irrelevance is to grasp hold of whatever truths, or apparent truths, I can find, and try construct meaning from the ether.

Or, maybe I have work to do and I am just procrastinating.


Sounds more like tripping. 8)
_________________
People Of Love

Kindness Evokes Kindness

Peace Emits Positive Energy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jaglover
Watchman
Watchman


Joined: 29 May 2005
Posts: 6520
Location: Saint Amant, Acadiana

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh my, now Larry King is accused of groping in 2005. I have a proposal, there are what, about 3.5 billion men? Wouldn't it be easier to make a list of men who never groped a woman? I'm sure there are few, but they are certainly outnumbered by magnitudes.
_________________
Please learn how to denote units correctly!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
The Doctor
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 27 Jul 2010
Posts: 2474

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaglover wrote:
Oh my, now Larry King is accused of groping in 2005. I have a proposal, there are what, about 3.5 billion men? Wouldn't it be easier to make a list of men who never groped a woman? I'm sure there are few, but they are certainly outnumbered by magnitudes.
Excuse me, what about the men who grope men? :lol:

Okay, I know for SJWs this a) doesn't count as a problem and is impossible because men are "privileged" and b) is fine because men are scum. :?

I bring this up as a "survivor" of male on male groping that really such a non-event that I basically forgot about it until the wamen started wailing about how big a problem it is. Honestly, just deck the dude and move on.
_________________
First things first, but not necessarily in that order.

Apologies if I take a while to respond. I'm currently working on the dematerialization circuit for my blue box.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Muso
l33t
l33t


Joined: 22 Oct 2002
Posts: 711
Location: The Holy city of Honolulu

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaglover wrote:
Oh my, now Larry King is accused of groping in 2005. I have a proposal, there are what, about 3.5 billion men? Wouldn't it be easier to make a list of men who never groped a woman? I'm sure there are few, but they are certainly outnumbered by magnitudes.


Well, we can start with just doing some enumeration of Apple geniuses.
_________________
People Of Love

Kindness Evokes Kindness

Peace Emits Positive Energy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
pjp
Administrator
Administrator


Joined: 16 Apr 2002
Posts: 17402

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Doctor wrote:
Jaglover wrote:
Oh my, now Larry King is accused of groping in 2005. I have a proposal, there are what, about 3.5 billion men? Wouldn't it be easier to make a list of men who never groped a woman? I'm sure there are few, but they are certainly outnumbered by magnitudes.
Excuse me, what about the men who grope men? :lol:

Okay, I know for SJWs this a) doesn't count as a problem and is impossible because men are "privileged" and b) is fine because men are scum. :?

I bring this up as a "survivor" of male on male groping that really such a non-event that I basically forgot about it until the wamen started wailing about how big a problem it is. Honestly, just deck the dude and move on.
There are those as well, but I cannot recall a specific example. The closest example I can recall is harassment.
_________________
Slowly I turned. Step by step.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bigun
Advocate
Advocate


Joined: 21 Sep 2003
Posts: 2147

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Muso wrote:
Well, we can start with just doing some enumeration of Apple geniuses.


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
_________________
"It's ok, they might have guns but we have flowers." - Perpetual Victim
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
pjp
Administrator
Administrator


Joined: 16 Apr 2002
Posts: 17402

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The next revelation is not good folks.

Really not good. Even you might be guilty.


Trump was in a room where at least one woman was naked underneath her clothing.

This has to be investigated. It is only fair, because Franken.
_________________
Slowly I turned. Step by step.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Muso
l33t
l33t


Joined: 22 Oct 2002
Posts: 711
Location: The Holy city of Honolulu

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pjp wrote:
The next revelation is not good folks.

Really not good. Even you might be guilty.


Trump was in a room where at least one woman was naked underneath her clothing.

This has to be investigated. It is only fair, because Franken.


++

Ray Charles saw the whole thing.
_________________
People Of Love

Kindness Evokes Kindness

Peace Emits Positive Energy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 14 Mar 2006
Posts: 1606
Location: U.S.A.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

richk449 wrote:
Bones McCracker wrote:
What are arguing for? You're arguing tomatos vs tomatoes because you are flailing in the vague direction of hope that it might distract from the reality that your world-view is rooted, to an embarrassing degree, in what turns out to have been propaganda and caca doodie. Instead of resisting reality, take your own people's advice and Embrace the Change.

Hmmm. Perhaps I am arguing tomatos vs tomatoes because I realize that everything in our world is nothing but a meaningless blip in a just as meaningless universe that has existed for billions of years before us, and will exist for billions of years after us, and still has no purpose and no point, and so the only thing to do in the face of such massive irrelevance is to grasp hold of whatever truths, or apparent truths, I can find, and try construct meaning from the ether.

Or, maybe I have work to do and I am just procrastinating.

I know rite?
#deadsoonanyway
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
juniper
l33t
l33t


Joined: 22 Oct 2004
Posts: 763
Location: EU

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moore lost.
_________________
wswartzendruber wrote:
Well, every group has its nutjobs, and the Second Amendment crowd is no exception.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Muso
l33t
l33t


Joined: 22 Oct 2002
Posts: 711
Location: The Holy city of Honolulu

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

juniper wrote:
Moore lost.


Are you surprised? His own party disavowed him.
_________________
People Of Love

Kindness Evokes Kindness

Peace Emits Positive Energy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 9 of 11

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum