View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next  
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Old School
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2019 7:47 pm    Post subject: Yet Another Name To Alarm The Sheeple Reply with quote

Quote:
politicians latched onto global warming because it sounded more worrisome (the Earth is heating too fast). But it was too easy to poke holes in because the Earth was also getting colder. During polar vortex storms, skeptics often tweet that it "sure would be nice for some of that 'global warming' right about now." Politicians then pivoted to “climate change.” This concept was less easy to deny...With all of this in mind, our team of wordsmiths developed the following new names for climate change: Global Meltdown, Climate Collapse, Climate Chaos (that one sounds like a Marvel Super Hero)

Just another attempt by the Watermelons to scare the population over things that are beyond our ability to change.

TFA

Christmas Lights Are Like Jeffrey Epstein, They Don't Hang Themselves.

The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.
George Orwell
pjp
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2019 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Climate Fearmongering. We're going to die tomorrow, so we need this massive government program so your betters can assert their rightful dominance over humanity.
patrix_neo
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2019 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have one called Rockström. He is about to call a "planet climate alert".
That's heavy, or so I thought.

It's been a big push from the news here lately. Comes and goes. Much like the weather.
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Climate Ragnarok!
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wait, here it is... "Climate Apocalypse"!!

From The New Yorker.

Quote:
What If We Stopped Pretending?

The climate apocalypse is coming. To prepare for it, we need to admit that we can’t prevent it.

By Jonathan Franzen
September 8, 2019

"There is infinite hope,” Kafka tells us, “only not for us.”
If you’re younger than sixty, you have a good chance of witnessing the radical destabilization of life on earth—massive crop failures, apocalyptic fires, imploding economies, epic flooding, hundreds of millions of refugees fleeing regions made uninhabitable by extreme heat or permanent drought. If you’re under thirty, you’re all but guaranteed to witness it.
Even at this late date, expressions of unrealistic hope continue to abound.
Psychologically, this denial makes sense. Despite the outrageous fact that I’ll soon be dead forever, I live in the present, not the future. Given a choice between an alarming abstraction (death) and the reassuring evidence of my senses (breakfast!), my mind prefers to focus on the latter. The planet, too, is still marvelously intact, still basically normal—seasons changing, another election year coming, new comedies on Netflix—and its impending collapse is even harder to wrap my mind around than death. Other kinds of apocalypse, whether religious or thermonuclear or asteroidal, at least have the binary neatness of dying: one moment the world is there, the next moment it’s gone forever. Climate apocalypse, by contrast, is messy. It will take the form of increasingly severe crises compounding chaotically until civilization begins to fray. Things will get very bad, but maybe not too soon, and maybe not for everyone. Maybe not for me.

Some of the denial, however, is more willful. The evil of the Republican Party’s position on climate science is well known, but denial is entrenched in progressive politics, too, or at least in its rhetoric.

https://www.newyorker.com/culture/cultural-comment/what-if-we-stopped-pretending
patrix_neo
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ragnarockström.
This is the time to be alive!
ulenrich
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Despite your Sleeping-Pill
which enables you to not shout angry as Greta:
pjp wrote:
Climate Fearmongering. We're going to die tomorrow,

Yes, we - thinking of "we" as all living speecies on earth - are dying in accelerating terms due to the accelerating temperature changes:
- not only in the woods burning, but
- everywhere a single species of us has a long generational setup ,and
- when a species is down to only a few thousand or less individuals.

When temperatures had changed in hundreds of years but not in decades, this was an opportunity to adapt for long living species also. But climate change nowadays happens in decades quickly. It is a darwian setup to foster insects and microbes.

But such insight is beyond comprehension for college students using the Bible only: They compare absolute temperatures in the history of our planet.

Quote:
so we need this massive government program so your betters can assert their rightful dominance over humanity.

We needed this massive military setup spending trillions for to take care of the middle age mindset of islamic Wahabism. The subsidiaries of the fuel industries gone into mindless military equipment. This was needed to put into cages the develish mindset we woke up on the arabic peninsula for nurturing our fuel addiction.

"Climate Fearmongering" is a term for people who believe science is opinionated. These people don't know that the scientific culture is conservatively setting up their opinions:
What a fact stands for the ordinary mind is an established theory in science. (which can get superceeded)
What a theory is for us normal humans is an untested hypothesis. (not all ideas get funded for tests)

This is why new data models using more recent data captured are becoming catastrophicly bad. Every year getting more of the climate data pressures down any uncertainty.

Last edited by ulenrich on Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:52 pm; edited 6 times in total
patrix_neo
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You've done your studdies allright -- In the climate church university.
Greta is like Charles Manson, a sect builder. Supported by big-bucks.

Do not criticise or you will get "burned".
ulenrich
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

patrix_neo wrote:

Do not mindlessly criticize or your children will get burned literally like on Venus. Which planet is a show proof for you to see every night.

I think of coding a simple program as a simulation: Trillions of lines (the athmosphere) which each have a million tiles and of these a variable 300 to 600 tiles reflecting the thermal radiation. Should be easy to program. It comes down to the example we all know of: Seeing through a small or a large wood. The wood must be an old one and have an amount of tree trunks per square.
Muso
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

patrix_neo wrote:
Ragnarockström.
This is the time to be alive!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

ulenrich wrote:
patrix_neo wrote:

Do not mindlessly criticize or your children will get burned literally like on Venus. Which planet is a show proof for you to see every night.

:lol: :lol: :lol: AMAZING!!!!

Venus' Atmosphere

96.5% carbon dioxide
    3.5% nitrogen
    0.015% sulfur dioxide
    0.0070% argon
    0.0020% water vapour
    0.0017% carbon monoxide
    0.0012% helium
    0.0007% neon
    Trace carbonyl sulfide
    Trace hydrogen chloride
    Trace hydrogen fluoride

Earth's Atmosphere

78.08% nitrogen (N
    2; dry air)[3]
    20.95% oxygen (O
    2)
    ~ 1% water vapor (climate variable)
    0.9340% argon
    0.0408% carbon dioxide[22]
    0.00182% neon[3]
    0.00052% helium
    0.00017% methane
    0.00011% krypton
    0.00006% hydrogen

So you think 0.0408% will magically become 96.5% because capitalism?

:lol: :lol: :lol:
patrix_neo
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ulenrich wrote:
patrix_neo wrote:

I think of coding a simple program as a simulation: Trillions of lines (the athmosphere) which each have a million tiles and of these a variable 300 to 600 tiles reflecting the thermal radiation. Should be easy to program. It comes down to the example we all know of: Seeing through a small or a large wood. The wood must be an old one and have an amount of tree trunks per square.

Try to do your homework. Mankind is a tricky rat bastard. Some of us are trying to see factual results. Some just believe in the hype. Which one are you?
You know, I'm not the one anyone listen to. So you should try listen to someone you see fit speaking more than just the dogma. It's out there, but should start with you questioning.

When it comes to Venus, if interested to hear, one of the russian satelites did hardly need to use their thrust rockets to land. The athmosphere was so thick it retracted speed to the limit of a bump. Venus is a cruel trick to lure you in to what would happen to earth. If half the planet earth was about to get hit with active vulcanos you might get close. Venus have a 'roadmap' of old magmaflows. The temperature in the athmosphere is linear, not logarithmic, from the top to the bottom. It also has 90 times the pressure on earth that cannot be explained only by CO2.
e3k
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well i do not want to alert you too much but when you burn dinosaur fossils and make the atmosphere look like when dinosaurs lived than that might be a dinosaur master-plan to terraform the planet so that they can land here and deal with us people who killed them thousands years ago.
patrix_neo
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys...Now I think I have to relearn about why it gets warmer.
ulenrich
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Muso wrote:
ulenrich wrote:
patrix_neo wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: AMAZING!!!!

Venus' Atmosphere

96.5% carbon dioxide
So you think 0.0408% will magically become 96.5% because capitalism?
Of course not, but it is proof that carbon dioxide effects the climate. I don't know the different levels denyers are staged at this moment. The next stage may be: All is too late anyway!

Last edited by ulenrich on Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Old School
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A lot of factors affect the climate more than CO2.

H2O for example.

The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.
George Orwell
ulenrich
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Old School wrote:
A lot of factors affect the climate more than CO2.

H2O for example.
Yes. But we cannot manipulate the water in the air. Really I guess the african deserts are getting greener with a warmer climate on earth. In the seventies I had seen northern Nigeria in the Kano area. That looked fully deserted and everybody talked about the desert going south. But nowadays the french military, when pictured in their anti-IS fight in the north of Mali, is moving through a lot of green nature.

Also a lot of more rain fall may wash out some of the carbon dioxide.
Also I am not sure the oceans rising: Antarktica may have fast growing glaciers due to more water in the warmer atmosphere.

But a slowing down of the atlantic ocean stream caused by a lot of greenland waters from the glaciers may halt the cabon dioxide to hide in deep waters of the north atlantic ocean.

What disturbs me is the rise of carbon dioxide from 300 to more than 400 parts per million in a short time frame. What is the level a human being stops breathing (when sitting in your garage with a motor running)?
Google wrote:
Air can be about 5 percent CO2, from a stuffy room, before people become uncomfortable. According to the Wikipedia article, amounts above 800 ppm are considered unhealthy, amounts above 5,000 ppm are considered very unhealthy, and those above about 50,000 ppm are considered dangerous to animal life.

In the near future we may reach levels where new olympic records are not possible any more outside doors without added fresh air artificially in doors.
.... if carbon dioxide in the atmosphere is not subtracted any more because any tipping point gone through has killed the ocean as a bunker.

Last edited by ulenrich on Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:45 pm; edited 7 times in total
mrbassie
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ulenrich wrote:
What is the level human beings stop breathing?

:wink:
ulenrich
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ulenrich wrote:
What is the level a human being stops breathing (when sitting in your garage with a motor running)?
Google wrote:
Air can be about 5 percent CO2, from a stuffy room, before people become uncomfortable. According to the Wikipedia article, amounts above 800 ppm are considered unhealthy, amounts above 5,000 ppm are considered very unhealthy, and those above about 50,000 ppm are considered dangerous to animal life.

" about 5 percent CO2, from a stuffy room, before people become uncomfortable"
"50,000 ppm are considered dangerous "
---
isn't that the exact same? ... Googles ai :(
In essence:
For sure you cannot enjoy nature as an old man any more in 30y, if the carbon dioxide level is rising in an accelerated mode. That is not preventable any more: If you are at a younger age than me you will spend your old age in a cage enriched with artifical air.
Muso
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel sorry for you. The media and your government have fear mongered you so heavily that you are now in stress over a bogeyman.
ulenrich
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Muso wrote:
I feel sorry for you.
I feel sorry for me not having your sleeping pills.

Quote:
The media and your government have fear mongered you so heavily that you are now in stress over a bogeyman.
My government wants to take a 10Euros per ton carbon dioxide. This is just another sleeping pill for our german people, because our fossil fuel addiction is subsidized by billions higher.

And I count all of the military costs of our countries as subsidies for the fosill fuel industries.
Old School
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@ulenrich: You need to realize this has absolutely nothing to do with the environment. If you believe that, you have been fed a pile of horse shit. This has everything to do with a socio-economic transfer of capitalism to authoritarian marxism, with a consequent loss of personal liberties to that of the collective.

George Orwell
richk449
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2019 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Old School wrote:
@ulenrich: You need to realize this has absolutely nothing to do with the environment.

What is “this”?

Ulenrich said he is worried about the amount of co2 in the atmosphere. Are you saying that the amount of co2 in the atmosphere has nothing to do with the environment?
ulenrich
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@richk449 , thanx for reading my post.

New hotness:
Climate change gonna be expensive Pentagon report says, and
U.S. Military Could Collapse Within 20 Years
The report was commissioned by General Mark Milley, Trump's new chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, making him the highest-ranking military officer in the country.
Old School
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

richk449 wrote:
Old School wrote:
@ulenrich: You need to realize this has absolutely nothing to do with the environment.

What is “this”?

Ulenrich said he is worried about the amount of co2 in the atmosphere. Are you saying that the amount of co2 in the atmosphere has nothing to do with the environment?
Do you think that is what I'm saying? Perhaps you didn't make it through the third sentence in my post.

George Orwell
richk449
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Old School wrote:
richk449 wrote:
Old School wrote:

What is “this”?

Do you think that is what I'm saying? Perhaps you didn't make it through the third sentence in my post.

I understand what you are saying. You are saying that anyone who comes to a different conclusion than you does so because they are an idiot mislead by propaganda from dishonest people with ulterior motives. Whereas you are immune from propaganda, and your conclusion is the true reasoned path.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: