Font size issue [SOLVED sans help]
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LIsLinuxIsSogood
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:56 am    Post subject: Font size issue [SOLVED sans help] Reply with quote

I think I have completely lost my brain, so I'm neither finding an answer or can recall a very basic question about font settings.

The issue is for one use (root) the font looks great fine, but the other user it is tiny and illegible. What is causing it?

The system is kind of bare bones and definitely doesn't contain a bunch of setting tools to take a closer view. Maybe just some help at identifying the issue and if I need to will post a screenshot to demonstrate the problem (as perceived)

Last edited by LIsLinuxIsSogood on Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:32 am; edited 1 time in total
eccerr0r
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, the fonts depend on the environment, you'll need to clarify what environment you're running in.
I would assume you're not talking about the console fonts and working with some X11 environment. Now whether you're using some classic window manager that uses its own fonts through hardcoding or X resources/defaults requiring a restart of the client to take effect, or using a modern desktop environment where the settings manager can pass through font selection to all parts of the DE on the fly...

So, not enough information here to know what to do and pictures can be worth a thousand words...
LIsLinuxIsSogood
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right, true. But it turns out after a little bit of time away from the issue, I had a clearer recollection for myself of the place I could find it. It was in the gtkrc-3.0 directory, where I must have entered in a very small size 7 font, that was causing me to be super annoying about it. But as I don't use a settings manager, generally the only settings I really care about in terms of GUI are with regards to WM (i just started using wmx...what a great minimalist window manager btw and I am able to avoid the whole baffling thing about which toolkit to have to set, i.e. oh no is that a qt, or is gtk, :roll: etc. I really don' bother with any setting tool.

Anyways thanks for the response, and good luck.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: