Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
Muhammad among top 10 names for babies in England.
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next  
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall
View previous topic :: View next topic  
notageek
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:16 pm    Post subject: Muhammad among top 10 names for babies in England. Reply with quote

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-41160596

Quote:
Olivia has replaced Amelia as the most popular baby girls' name in England and Wales, while Muhammad has entered the top 10 most popular boys' names.

John-Boy
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm considering changing my name.
pjp
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John-Boy wrote:
I'm considering changing my name.
If anyone wants a change but can't come up with anything, I offer Guy Roi Roi.
notageek
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

:lol:
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:09 am    Post subject: Re: Muhammad among top 10 names for babies in England. Reply with quote

notageek wrote:
http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-41160596

Quote:
Olivia has replaced Amelia as the most popular baby girls' name in England and Wales, while Muhammad has entered the top 10 most popular boys' names.

England, you are now officially fucked.
Old School
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I were a citizen of Poland or other Eastern European country, I would be wanting to leave NATO and join the Russian sphere of influence. I really believe that Russia is Europe's only hope. Most of the countries of the EU are already screwed. Is Vladimir Putin this generation's Charles Martel?
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's funny how the roles of countries change over time. Russia and China are now capitalist, while England and the U.S. are Marxist. The Germans were going to take over the world, now they're its biggest beta males. The descendants of the Vikings now all have vaginas. Democrats were the party of slave owners, now all African-Americans are Democrats. The Greeks were the apex of human civilization and achievement; now they are Europe's un-wiped asshole.

Only one thing has remained constant since the very dawn of written human history and probably before: the batshit insane sand negroes keep coming, trying to violently attack and invade everything else in sight.

It started with the Sumerians and Akkadians, and it has never stopped. Sumerians, Akkadians, Babylonians, Elamites, Assyrians, Hatti (Hittites), Mitanni, Kassites, Egyptians, Philistines, Canaanites, Amorites, Hibiru, Persians, Arabs, Turks, Palestinians, Iraqis, Iranians, Taliban, Muslim Brotherhood, Al Qaeda, Isis... it just never stops... 7,000 years of batshit insane sand negroes coming at you, putting out eyes, cutting off body parts, and beheading "infidels" in the name of their latest deity, like it's in their genes, which it quite probably is.

And, you're right about Europe joining the Russians. The real origin of Western civilization is not Rome or Greece but the Kurgan culture that originated with the Stredny-Strog peoples of what is now Ukraine. They were the ones who invented the essential land warfare technologies (metal, chariots, etc.) that gave Eastern Europe, then Greece and Rome, the technological edge to hold back the sand-asshats all this time. They migrated through the Balkans into Mediterranean Europe, where they gave rise to its Bronze Age and merged with the Minoan and other local peoples to become those we recognize as Europe's bronze-age antecedents, such as the Mycenaeans, Macedonians, and Etruscans.

So, yes: the Europe, the U.S., and all of what was once the Soviet Union, we all need to recognize that we are brethren who have forgotten our ages-old conflict and who cannot afford to lose it, lest we be finally swept under the carpet of history.

Last edited by Bones McCracker on Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
John-Boy
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bones McCracker wrote:
So, yes: the Europe, the U.S., and all of what was once the Soviet Union, we all need to recognize that we are brethren who have forgotten our ages-old conflict and who cannot afford to lose it, lest we be finally swept under the carpet of history.

Doesn't matter if things collapse or not - what does matter is how long, specifically my lifetime. So long as I've shuffled off this mortal coil, I don't care anymore.

I'd be different if I had family, I'd probably be considering emigration.
HungGarTiger
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bones, mate, not that I disagree with you but, when and where did the Palistinians, Iraqis and Iranians try to invade the west? I agree with the rest of your post but, those 3 places, if you exclude Israel, haven't exactly been landing boats on our shores in the same way the rest of your examples.

@John-Boy - we'll take you mate, come and drink Scotch and watch the world burn from the safety of the Shire.
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HungGarTiger wrote:
Bones, mate, not that I disagree with you but, when and where did the Palistinians, Iraqis and Iranians try to invade the west? I agree with the rest of your post but, those 3 places, if you exclude Israel, haven't exactly been landing boats on our shores in the same way the rest of your examples.

Oh, they are still landing boats on your shores, more than ever before. It's just that they aren't armed anymore because you've become so foolish they don't even need to be.
HungGarTiger
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bones McCracker wrote:
HungGarTiger wrote:

Oh, they are still landing boats on your shores, more than ever before. It's just that they aren't armed anymore because you've become so foolish they don't even need to be.

Well, considering the latest attack in the UK was an Iraqi refugee, I'll give you that one. Palestinians, I will also concede but that is a situation of our own making. I still think Iran is misplaced on that list though, they aren't exactly known for any aggressive expansion in the last 100 years at least.

Also, you say "you" like I'm agreeing to this shit? Or is it a general you? Because NZ only takes 750 refugees a year and the US takes like 1 million I think, so wouldn't you be the foolish one? We can both agree that EU is batshit crazy, so I'm very happy watching them destroy themselves.
Muso
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's all Disney's fault.

They called me paranoid, so I checked online : www.paranoia.com

Kindness Evokes Kindness

Peace Emits Positive Energy
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HungGarTiger wrote:
NZ only takes 750 refugees a year

Who would want to go to New Zealand. It's a small island on the edge of nothingness, and there's a history of people who arrive unexpectedly by boat in New Zealand being eaten.
HungGarTiger
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bones McCracker wrote:
HungGarTiger wrote:

Who would want to go to New Zealand. It's a small island on the edge of nothingness, and there's a history of people who arrive unexpectedly by boat in New Zealand being eaten.

Exactly, you better stay away and remember that when the next world war breaks out :lol:

Also, I'll take the fact you ignored my previous reply and are instead being aggressive as meaning that you agree with what I said or at least can't refute it.
sugar
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If this is somehow supposed to be some kind of evidence that Islam is taking over the UK, then

Total Births in England and Wales = 700,000
Boys named Muhammad = 4000

This equals 0.57% of the total births.

Considering the Muslim population is reaching 5% in the UK, assuming ceteris paribus, only 1 in 8 children born to Muslim parents is being called Muhammad.

On this basis, this appears to be more a story of assimilation, with Muslim parents choosing to call their children the pretentious names of Oliver or Harry, and the average UK citizens skewed perspective about how they view their country, which to me is the real problem.

Quote:
British people hugely overestimate the number of Muslims in the UK, says new survey

British people have a heavily skewed perspective on the reality of life in the UK, a new survey suggests – but are still more accurate in their evaluations than the populations of most countries.

The poll reveals Britons hugely overestimate the number of Muslims in the UK, think people are unhappier than they really are and believe homophobia is more widespread than it is.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/british-people-muslims-uk-inequality-happiness-ipsos-mori-survey-a7476526.html
John-Boy
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sugar wrote:
The poll reveals Britons hugely overestimate the number of Muslims in the UK

Hmmm, ain't no estimating here and I can tell you what I see.
HungGarTiger
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sugar - 5% is too many and if you've never lived in the UK you have no idea how some of the towns look these days. Slough is like 34% white, these are many similar situations and those statistics aren't getting better. The fact that the Muslim mayor of London has said Londoners have to get used to terror attacks should tell you everything about the direction of the country.
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HungGarTiger wrote:
Bones McCracker wrote:
HungGarTiger wrote:

Exactly, you better stay away and remember that when the next world war breaks out :lol:

Also, I'll take the fact you ignored my previous reply and are instead being aggressive as meaning that you agree with what I said or at least can't refute it.

No, it just didn't merit a response. I had already dealt with your response in general, but then you came back with "yeah but what about this one little piece where I incorrectly believe something else that's wrong?". If I must educate you there as well, then hear this: Iran is verifiably the world's biggest state sponsor of terrorism. Despite the fact that they've recently learned to put on an external mask of rational moderation, the truth is that they they are run by hateful religious fanatics. They have regular mass chantings of "Death to ______!!!!" (fill in western enemy of the day). They want to literally wipe Israel off the map. They are notorious for all sorts of internal human rights abuses and oppression (for example, having roaming gangs of government-sponsored thugs beating people in the streets who are acting too western, and running a prison where they systematically rape and sodomize both women and men who have expressed the wrong sentiments online). They attack vessels in international waters all the time. During their recent war with Iraq, they marched their own children into minefields and had them roll around in blankets to clear the mines. You think they are rational people because you are a propaganda victim. The rational people have not yet managed to take over; that's an illusion created by the violent, hateful, suicide-bombing religious fanatics who, by the way, are brainwashing the children of the entire regime to strap on bombs and kill people like you, and brainwashing their mothers to make them do it. Also, you should know all this without me having to tell you.
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sugar wrote:
If this is somehow supposed to be some kind of evidence that Islam is taking over the UK, then

Total Births in England and Wales = 700,000
Boys named Muhammad = 4000

This equals 0.57% of the total births.

Considering the Muslim population is reaching 5% in the UK, assuming ceteris paribus, only 1 in 8 children born to Muslim parents is being called Muhammad.

On this basis, this appears to be more a story of assimilation, with Muslim parents choosing to call their children the pretentious names of Oliver or Harry, and the average UK citizens skewed perspective about how they view their country, which to me is the real problem.

This is FULL of nonsequiturs. It doesn't make any sense. The logic is broken.

The rate at which Muslim children are being named Muhammad has nothing to do with the rate at which Muslims are taking over the UK. It's not like Muhammad is the only Muslim name. And no, this absolutely does not imply assimilation: again, it's not like Muhammad is the only Muslim name. Pull your head out. Think about what you're saying. Your logic is completely broken.

If the data had shown 3 out of 8 Muslim children are being given a traditional UK name, now THAT would show assimilation. One out of eight being named Muhammad shows nothing (until you compare it to the rest of the Muslim world, which I bet has a similar rate, which would weakly suggest no assimilation is occurring).

0.57% of births having any one particular name is a fucking shitload. It's a cultural phenomenon, reflecting some aspect of the zeitgeist. As pointed out, Muhammad is now the #8 most popular name for baby boys in your country, replacing William. Now THAT does suggest a lack of assimilation. You suck. Your country is going down the shitter, and all you feel is a need to rationalize it, like it's okay. You need to go out and shop for a prayer mat before the rush.

Last edited by Bones McCracker on Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
John-Boy
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bones McCracker wrote:
You need to go out and shop for a prayer mat before the rush.

I'd also recommend growing a beard the size of a privet bush too.
mi_unixbird
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bones McCracker wrote:
It's funny how the roles of countries change over time. Russia and China are now capitalist, while England and the U.S. are Marxist. The Germans were going to take over the world, now they're its biggest beta males. The descendants of the Vikings now all have vaginas. Democrats were the party of slave owners, now all African-Americans are Democrats. The Greeks were the apex of human civilization and achievement; now they are Europe's un-wiped asshole.

Man it's almost like people by and large are completely different people from people that lived 300 years ago but just had the same name.

I mean modern Jews aren't even genetically Semitic any more—for the most part just white after 2 000 years of breeding with white people. Similar thing is happening in the US with the definition of "African American" being diluted and diluted down to that a completely white person in Rachel Dolezal can claim to be "African American" without anyone finding out before her parents rat her out because 20% of people who call themselves black are 95% white anyway in the US.

Quote:
Only one thing has remained constant since the very dawn of written human history and probably before: the batshit insane sand negroes keep coming, trying to violently attack and invade everything else in sight.

It started with the Sumerians and Akkadians, and it has never stopped. Sumerians, Akkadians, Babylonians, Elamites, Assyrians, Hatti (Hittites), Mitanni, Kassites, Egyptians, Philistines, Canaanites, Amorites, Hibiru, Persians, Arabs, Turks, Palestinians, Iraqis, Iranians, Taliban, Muslim Brotherhood, Al Qaeda, Isis... it just never stops... 7,000 years of batshit insane sand negroes coming at you, putting out eyes, cutting off body parts, and beheading "infidels" in the name of their latest deity, like it's in their genes, which it quite probably is.

Yeah, in that from every period of history you can point at least one population in the region of North-Africa and the Middle-east just like you can from at least one population in Europe or one population in the Orient.

Only population for which you can't pinpoint a conqueror civilization throughout history are the actual negros but that's just because they lacked the technological and organizational advantage over their neighbours to conquer them.
Old School
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bones McCracker wrote:

You forgot the Ottomans, moron.

And don't say the Turks count.
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mi_unixbird wrote:
Yeah, in that from every period of history you can point at least one population in the region of North-Africa and the Middle-east just like you can from at least one population in Europe or one population in the Orient.

Only population for which you can't pinpoint a conqueror civilization throughout history are the actual negros but that's just because they lacked the technological and organizational advantage over their neighbours to conquer them.

Not true. The only reason you can't point to a conqueror civilization from that period from sub-saharan Africa is because THEY COULDN'T WRITE. Protip: they weren't called "spear-chuckers" for nothing. The same is true for non-Mediterranean Europe as well, where they were still illiterate, ball-scratching hunter-gatherers through most of the timeline in question who barely grasped the technology of pottery and couldn't conceive of symbology any better than their Neanderthal forebears.
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Old School wrote:
Bones McCracker wrote:

You forgot the Ottomans, moron.

And don't say the Turks count.

Of course the Turks count. They're not named the "Ottoman Turks" for nothing, buddy.
mi_unixbird
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bones McCracker wrote:
mi_unixbird wrote:

Not true. The only reason you can't point to a conqueror civilization from that period from sub-saharan Africa is because THEY COULDN'T WRITE. Protip: they weren't called "spear-chuckers" for nothing. The same is true for non-Mediterranean Europe as well, where they were still illiterate, ball-scratching hunter-gatherers through most of the timeline in question who barely grasped the technology of pottery and couldn't conceive of symbology any better than their Neanderthal forebears.

How the hell is that "not true"? that's just being more specific than I when I said "they lacked the technological and organizational advantage over their neighbours to conquer them". Not being able to write seems to fall squarely under that.

BUT WE WUZ KANGZ N SHIIIEET.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: