Two Screens With White Dot in Upper Left Corner
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall
View previous topic :: View next topic  
R0b0t1
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 5:05 am    Post subject: Two Screens With White Dot in Upper Left Corner Reply with quote

I noticed a white rectangle, presumably 1px by 1px, in the upper left corner of a 21.5" LG monitor I recently purchased. After exchanging it for a new monitor I find the new one has the same stuck pixel.

After running a stuck pixel fixer (JScreenFix) it is now stuck a blue color. I suppose I might try one more screen, after three I think I might have to assume they all have this defect.

It's a good enough buy I might put up with it but I feel like returning it. I am confused. Does anyone have monitor recommendations? This one was ~$120, 1080p, 75Hz, IPS.
Ant P.
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anything but Dell. I bought a monitor off them, started getting physical junk mail and cold calls from people with unintelligible accents.
Muso
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ant P. wrote:
Anything but Dell. I bought a monitor off them, started getting physical junk mail and cold calls from people with unintelligible accents.

They all sound like they are talking through a massive underbite and offering you their "Windows Technical Support".

Kindness Evokes Kindness

Peace Emits Positive Energy
pjp
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My last purchase in 2013 was for a pair of ASUS PA248Q monitors (24" 1920x1200 IPS). I also dislike 16:9 monitors.

If I didn't have a specific need for something different today, I wouldn't hesitate to buy more.

That said, I might research availability of higher density pixel monitors, though I'm not sure if those have become commonly available.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: