[RESOLVED] Gnumeric 1.12.32 is missing File->Save As->Text
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JustAnother
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:38 pm    Post subject: [RESOLVED] Gnumeric 1.12.32 is missing File->Save As-> Reply with quote

I installed Gnumeric on both my 32 bit and 64 bit machines. The File -> Save As menu has only a subset of the older version types. The one that really hurts is the csv/txt type, called Text (Configurable). It used to be there.

I rebuilt with the libgta use flag set, hoping that this would fix it. It didn't, and there are no more use flags to set. Both machines have the same problem.

This application will be worthless for a lot of people if this feature is missing.

I googled it and there is basically nothing. The Gnumeric site says it will do it, but they have been changing this part of the code.

Doe anybody have any ideas here?

Thanks

Edit: I caught the problem. It's not a problem.

I'm migrating off debian Wheezy because so many of the programs are old versions. (Other issues are trickier than this one.) Apparently Gnumeric for some reason moved the ability to save a file as text from the obvious place to a Data menu, a rather non-obvious place. If one is used to the usual way of doing things, this feature is missing from the obvious and usual place: File -> Save As -> Text.

Why do "they" keep changing all the things that worked and were intuitive, to semi-break the application? It's kind of like taking your car to the shop only to get it back with some of the controls having different functions: non-obvious, non-intuitive, and all too often non-functional. And time-consuming to go on another Easter egg hunt and work through all this.

I'd delete this one only I think other people will bump into this.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: