Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
"pulseaudio" forces switching sources on the go.
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hedmo
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2021 1:17 pm    Post subject: "pulseaudio" forces switching sources on the go. Reply with quote

hi

i am running my media box with my tv on one displaylink (hdmi3) and my vr HMD on one hdmi (hdmi4) .ATM i have created a sink:

Code:

set-default-sink combined

the problem i am having is that the HMD is not always on and both are connected to the same card . when the HMD starts pulseaudio still defaults to hdmi3
and i like to make puleaudio to switch to hdmi4 when it is ON.

i have tried this to :

Code:

load-module module-alsa-sink device="hw:3,9" sink_name=hdmi3 sink_properties="device.description='Marantz' device.icon_name='display-link'"

load-module module-alsa-sink device="hw:3,10" sink_name=hdmi4 sink_properties="device.description='HMD' device.icon_name='hdmi'"

load-module module-combine-sink sink_name=combined_output slaves=hdmi3,hdmi4 sink_properties="device.description='Combined Marantz + HMD' device.icon_name='audio-card-symbolic'"
set-default-sink Combined Marantz + HMD

with no go

regards
turtles
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2021 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have always had allot of luck using Udev rules for stuff like this. I'd try something like this:
See https://stackoverflow.com/questions/5469828/how-to-create-a-callback-for-monitor-plugged-on-an-intel-graphics
hedmo
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2021 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtles wrote:
I have always had allot of luck using Udev rules for stuff like this. I'd try something like this:
See https://stackoverflow.com/questions/5469828/how-to-create-a-callback-for-monitor-plugged-on-an-intel-graphics

turtles

thank you for the link . ATM i am trying an other way by using my hdmi from the motherboard and hoping to use that one with prime .
in that way i dont have anything connected to my DGPU until the HMD gets active . but ATM the HMD is black as the intel driver
is unloaded because it does not have a screen when X starts up.
garrison
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hedmo wrote:
turtles wrote:

turtles

thank you for the link . ATM i am trying an other way by using my hdmi from the motherboard and hoping to use that one with prime .
in that way i dont have anything connected to my DGPU until the HMD gets active . but ATM the HMD is black as the intel driver
is unloaded because it does not have a screen when X starts up.

This probably needs a feature request filed to pulseaudio tracker, so load* commands can be executed conditionally after cards appear. HDMI is quite a big of an issue on it's own since frequently hdmi audio *cards* just disappear if you turn off display or put it to sleep.. when you turn display back on with pulseaudio-13.0 module-switch-on-port-available does it's things and re-routes audio to just connected hdmi etc.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: