TigerVNC, cursor problem
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cyker
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:51 pm    Post subject: TigerVNC, cursor problem Reply with quote

Hi all,

Does anyone here use newer versions of TigerVNC with rxvt or urxvt?

I'm having a weird problem where the cursor turns black-on-black when over these windows, rendering it pretty much invisible.

It also does this over some things, e.g. hotspots that would change the cursor to a pointing hand, instead give a black silhouette of a pointing hand.

I had newer versions masked and forgot why; Just tried removing the mask and now I remember why I masked the newer ones! (i.e. because of this cursor problem)

The problem seems to occur with every tigervnc after 1.3.1 including 1.8.0.
Hu

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is the output of emerge --pretend --verbose net-misc/tigervnc? When this fails, are you using tigervnc as a client, as a headless X server, as a forward of a regular X server, or some combination? If you are using tigervnc as a client, does the failure apply to all VNC servers or only when using tigervnc also as the server?
Cyker
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Code:
These are the packages that would be merged, in order:

Calculating dependencies... done!
[ebuild   R    ] net-misc/tigervnc-1.3.1-r5::cyLocalOverlay  USE="nptl opengl pam server -gnutls -java -xorgmodule" 0 KiB

Total: 1 package (1 reinstall), Size of downloads: 0 KiB

buuuut just to be clear, all versions of tigervnc from my overly'd one right up to 1.8.0 compile and emerge just fine - The problem is that once I fire it up a vncserver, I get that weird cursor silhouette glitch in newer versions over certain (But not all) windows for some reason.

Either not that many people use vnc these days or it is a very specific issue as I've not found a single post on it while googling! :(
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: