Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
block user(s)
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2  
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo Forums Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr. T.
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I felt negative emotions when I was told rudely that my posts were null. Finally, I consider it safer to ignore certain parts of the message to avoid crossing the red line.
In relativizing, I think that the worst that is likely to happen (for me) is to be banned from the forum.
josephg
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

helecho wrote:
I felt negative emotions when I was told rudely that my posts were null.

i don't mind being told off if they backup their allegations of me with facts. i am here to learn.

helecho wrote:
Finally, I consider it safer to ignore certain parts of the message to avoid crossing the red line.

i usually do too.. ignore/block them. i used to feel safer option for me was to just leave quietly, taking my leftover peace and sanity with me.

helecho wrote:
In relativizing, I think that the worst that is likely to happen (for me) is to be banned from the forum.

you will find certain people are all smoke & mirrors.. baseless accusations to bait you or demonstrate their power over you or others. i call them bullies... blocking them out is the next best thing you can do for yourself.

when i was struggling, i have been helped by others here beyond my expectations, and i am happy to help whoever with how/what i do with my systems. i think open-source is about putting our experience into the collective wisdom.

i'll go away, if/when someone "speaking for the forums project" tells me to stay off their forums.
John R. Graham
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ant P. wrote:
Second: You've been posting a lot of completely factually wrong rubbish around the forums for quite a while now, and the fact everyone else around you has to correct you constantly doesn't seem to be registering with you. Nobody cares about your post count, but they do care when they constantly have to fight fires because there's an arsonist on the loose. You're not getting called names, you're getting called what you're being.
Well, not exactly. It seems pretty obvious to me that josephg is honestly trying to help, which, to me, vetoes the title of "Troll".

That's not to say that it's impossible to wreak havoc while not being a Troll. Give me some time to look into this a little bit deeper; I'm head down in work right now. Cool it for the moment, if you all would, please.

- John
josephg
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes John R. Graham, i clicked on "View unanswered posts" and tried to help in a topic no one had. next thing i know this person jumps behind me screaming troll. that response to being called out indicates something else simmering on these forums, which i seem to be caught up in.

i have zero interest in engaging (contests? :roll:) with such people spreading negative emotions to others, particularly those new here. apparently that person thinks s/he is exalted over others due to their post count, and i should kowtow before them. bullying is detestable anywhere and everywhere. i guess your long-term users accepting such behaviour, and the new ones retreating back quietly is how peace reigns here.
John R. Graham
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Cool it," means you, too. Locked for now.

- John
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo Forums Feedback All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: