Autofs going berserk when resuming from suspend
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Networking & Security
View previous topic :: View next topic  
deltamalloc
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 3:54 pm    Post subject: Autofs going berserk when resuming from suspend Reply with quote

When I power on my system after suspend, a CIFS mount I have on my LAN doesn't work.

I notice that there is constantly going around 73 kB/s out and 85 kB/s in on my network interface without doing anything. After looking at that in Wireshark it seems to be SMB Echo Request sent from my computer to the CIFS share on the network. However, the local port number keeps changing, starting from around 37172 going up to around 50000, in increments of 2.

The temporary solution is simple -- just restart autofs. That makes the problem go away and the CIFS share gets mounted as normal. However, I'd like to fix this properly, and it would be interesting to know what the problem is.

This has been going on for several world updates and several reboots of the system. A simple reboot will not solve this problem. The problem also started spontaneously, I don't know what caused it to start happening in the first place.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Networking & Security All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: