Nottetris2 (or Love for that matter) failing due to GL error
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gamers & Players
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Clad in Sky
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 11:55 am    Post subject: Nottetris2 (or Love for that matter) failing due to GL error Reply with quote

Hi,
for some time now I've been having a problem with that game. Since I can live without it and 3D seems to work, it didn't bother me too much.
However, I wanted to play the game again (on a new computer) and get the error here as well.

Nottetris2 runs on love, a 2D game engine for lua code.
Starting nottetris2 or love, runningLIBGL_DEBUG=verbose nottetris2, I get the following error:

Code:
libGL: screen 0 does not appear to be DRI2 capable
libGL: OpenDriver: trying /usr/lib64/dri/tls/swrast_dri.so
libGL: OpenDriver: trying /usr/lib64/dri/swrast_dri.so
libGL: Can't open configuration file /home/christian/.drirc: No such file or directory.
libGL: Can't open configuration file /home/christian/.drirc: No such file or directory.
libGL error: No matching fbConfigs or visuals found
libGL error: failed to load driver: swrast
X Error of failed request:  BadValue (integer parameter out of range for operation)
  Major opcode of failed request:  153 (GLX)
  Minor opcode of failed request:  3 (X_GLXCreateContext)
  Value in failed request:  0x0
  Serial number of failed request:  32
  Current serial number in output stream:  33
AL lib: (EE) alc_cleanup: 1 device not closed

I can run glxgears just fine and it reports direct rendering as working. I can also watch videos and play Path of Exile, so OpenGL seems to work. However, I get this error and I don't know how to get rid of it. Googling the error shows that many people seem to have had the problem with steam, and the solution was to delete some libraries that came with steam. Since this is not a steam game, this won't work here.
Nottetris2 DOES work, though, if I set OpenGL to xorg-x11 via eselect.
Any ideas?
Now it's time for the harvest
R0b0t1
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The last time I asked about something similar I was told the xorg-x11 renderer is hardware accelerated and the one you should be using.

This was never explained to my satisfaction and it may be wrong, but it seems to fit. In my case everything ran well enough except very demanding games like Minecraft, and despite having enabled the Intel drivers - or so I thought - it seems I wasn't using them until I selected an OpenGL provider besides X11. However in retrospect what may have happened was I enabled the i915 driver, which can use LLVM JIT compilation, instead of the i965 driver, which can't, the end result being the i915 driver despite being older is more performant.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gamers & Players All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: