USB keyboard pausing while using cli
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vash
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2002 10:45 pm    Post subject: USB keyboard pausing while using cli Reply with quote

On the previous note of the SCSI pauses, its not with the SCSI itself, but it seems to be something with my USB keyboard. I was typing on the cli and the input was gone, again. Unplug and replug the USB keyboard and now I'm back in business, but I'm wondering why this is a problem. During the install of Gentoo, the keyboard is not giving me a hiccup, only after the I reboot and start using my newly build Gentoo box.

My motherboard has the 760MPX chipset and I am using the default UHCI driver in the kernel. How many people use UHCI vs. OHCI? This may be the cause of my headaches, but I'm not sure. If anyone can chime in with some more information, that'd be great.

vash

Last edited by vash on Sun Aug 04, 2002 3:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
JeroenV
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2002 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Seems like drive errors are nasty, for me CD rom read errors (both ide and scsi-emulated) are the (only) way to totally lock up my system! (Would anybody know how to prevent this?) (This was the same on other distros I have run, btw.)

You might start by checking your syslog for SCSI read errors or the like. Usually when my system hicked up there were many subsequent scsi-errors in my log. Maybe the error messages will tell you more...

Good luck! :)
May The Source be with you!
vash
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2002 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, this problem is still around and its quite bad. I'll be typing on the cli and lose all input ability on the system, causing me to reboot to get the cli working again. I have the Adaptec sponsored driver in the kernel (not the older non supported) and I can't seem to figure out why this is a problem. I'm taking all the SCSI defaults for TCQ, etc, so I'm not going for a tweak on the system, I just want it to stop pausing.

vash
pjp
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2002 6:24 pm    Post subject: Re: USB keyboard pausing while using cli Reply with quote

vash wrote:
On the previous note of the SCSI pauses, its not with the SCSI itself, but it seems to be something with my USB keyboard.
Is this referring to another thread?
vash
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2002 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same thread, I changed the first post because it really wasn't relevant and I didn't want to start a completely new thread on my problems.

vash
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: